• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s all coming together

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm sorry but I thought the last 3 times the Angels "got hot" would be enough to stop these "hope" threads. 

But hey, you do you.

I'm hopeful yet not too hopeful. 

50 minutes ago, floplag said:

Some of you are truly spiteful people i guess... even when i admit something you still feel the need to bring up shit like this?  
whatever dude but we both know not even you expected them here this quickly so... have your moment, pat yourself on the back if it makes you feel better

Spiteful?  Jesus are you even capable of owning up to your bullshit without playing the victim?    EVER?

So, when you claimed "some guys developed faster than ANY of us expected" you actually meant YOU and just you?    I know you tend to struggle with facts/reality but you do realize when you make a comment like ANY of us, you're including me and everyone else who told you differently in that group.  You not wanting to be reminded of it is fine -- but pretending that others shared your insipid POV is a different matter.  In the future try speaking for yourself and only yourself and there won't be a need to remind you the truth was altogether different.

Also, if you're going to whine about people bringing "shit like this" up, you may want to reconsider making comments like " this is nearly exactly what i anticipated, and everyone told me i was a jackass for it", you "spiteful" little hypocrite.... particularly since that comment isn't remotely true either.   People told you the offense was better than you were making it out to be, you in turn kept saying the rotation wasn't the issue some of us believed it would be.

The best part of this is how even now you are continuing to tell me what my thoughts were/are..  You seriously can't keep help yourself, can you?

Edited by Inside Pitch

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

They also know that they are in a division with two absolutely crappy teams and a third team improving but still an under .500 team.

Yep...plus they are full of vets who have been to the ALDS, ALCS, and WS so they know not to panic.  The Twins feel out of reach but a ton of guys are playing over their head on that team (Polanco, Castro, Kepler, Garver, Odorizzi) so it's smart for the Indians to let it play out.  At the very least, they should make a move to improve their offense.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Spiteful?  Jesus are you even capable of owning up to your bullshit without playing the victim?    EVER?

So, when you claimed "some guys developed faster than ANY of us expected" you actually meant YOU and just you?    I know you tend to struggle with facts/reality but you do realize when you make a comment like ANY of us, you're including me and everyone else who told you differently in that group.  You not wanting to be reminded of it is fine -- but pretending that others shared your insipid POV is a different matter.  In the future try speaking for yourself and only yourself and there won't be a need to remind you the truth was altogether different.

Also, if you're going to whine about people bringing "shit like this" up, you may want to reconsider making comments like " this is nearly exactly what i anticipated, and everyone told me i was a jackass for it", you "spiteful" little hypocrite.... particularly since that comment isn't remotely true either.   People told you the offense was better than you were making it out to be, you in turn kept saying the rotation wasn't the issue some of us believed it would be.

The best part of this is how even now you are continuing to tell me what my thoughts were/are..  You seriously can't keep help yourself, can you?

Animated GIF

15 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

^ good point. IP mentioned over the winter that simply replacing dead weight with average would be a huge boost. Were definetely seeing that. 

Fletcher has been a nice surprise. Goodwin has cooled, but kept us above water early on. Timing is everything.

La Stella has been one of those stories you were always jealous of because it seemed like Oakland always found guys like that. Like Muncy. Never seems to be us. Usually the exact opposite for us.

So weve gotten lucky with some surprises. But beyond that, trout-ohtani-upton-simmons is a super solid core. That alone is huge, especially finally having them all back. With guys like la stella sprinkled in, this is a pretty impressive lineup.

We were very fortunate that Goodwin was playing over his head when he had to start every game.  Now as he is cooling off he can drop down to the 4th outfielder role.

6 hours ago, floplag said:

My fear is that he will do nothing, which to me is basically the same thing as pissing it away.   
Im exaggerating of course but imagine this team right now with a Buaer at the front of the rotation for example?  Thats a far better team than it is today with only a single addition.  Yes we lose some farm hands, probably one or two we might not want to, but Bauer isnt a rental either so... you have to balance that. 
Then you go possibly sign a Cole in the off season for example and whammo, there you go, sell the playoff tickets. 

Oh man. Bauer and Cole on the same team! That would be entertaining. 

(Seriously, I’m pretty sure acquiring Bauer guarantees you won’t get Cole as a free agent.)

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

8 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

How is mortgaging the future on a 50/50 shot at a 1 game playoff the right move? 

We aren't catching Houston. Every trade needs to be viewed with that in mind. If there is a move that Eppler feels is fair, he will make it, but it will be made with future seasons in mind and not this one primarily.

Exactly.

Been preaching this for awhile. And maybe Im an idiot. But the entire focus on this org should be tomorrow, not today.

Making moves to get this team to the playoffs this year would be fun, but stupid. We made that mistake for the pujols window...not sure how so many forget that.

There was a thread a few days ago about if id trade simmons. Yes, I would. And hes my favorite player.

But the question is.... what can we realistically expect of him in 3 years? If he brought back a better fit for that era, id do it.

Adell should be viewed as the next trout. Period. I dont mean that in terms of him being as good. What I mean is that we should be building a team for the adell window, not the supposed trout one.

Make moves for the trout/ohtani/adell era, not the trout/pujols/skaggs-heaney-pujols one.

Be patient.

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Exactly.

Been preaching this for awhile. And maybe Im an idiot. But the entire focus on this org should be tomorrow, not today.

Making moves to get this team to the playoffs this year would be fun, but stupid. We made that mistake for the pujols window...not sure how so many forget that.

There was a thread a few days ago about if id trade simmons. Yes, I would. And hes my favorite player.

But the question is.... what can we realistically expect of him in 3 years? If he brought back a better fit for that era, id do it.

Adell should be viewed as the next trout. Period. I dont mean that in terms of him being as good. What I mean is that we should be building a team for the adell window, not the supposed trout one.

Make moves for the trout/ohtani/adell era, not the trout/pujols/skaggs-heaney-pujols one.

Be patient.

I get that.   But if they can sign Cole, why not do it?