• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bitcoin

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, cals said:

Fingers crossed.  I sold about $3K in an underperforming stock to buy another Eth coin+ when it was about $2200 this morning.  We could be morons, we could be geniuses.

Nice. Just hold and be patient. I still think Bitcoin is going to 150k+.

For Ethereum, there's never been a better time to be bullish. EIP - 1559 in 2 months. Merge in October. Layer 2 solutions coming out as we speak which will substantially lower gas fees.

150k Bitcoin would give Ethereum a price range of 10,000 - 15,000 

10 hours ago, Tank said:

you're all going to lose your shirts over this stuff.

Most of them are probably worthless ultimately.  None of them are more worthless than the “NFT’s” which are insane to buy imo.  Ethereum and Bitcoin are decent investments imo, but extremely volatile.  Bitcoin has some real problems with the mining energy costs.  To me, for most cryptos the most obvious practical use is remittance.  Bitcoin is not very good for that because it’s slow.  Many others are much better for that purpose.  Anyway, it’s the big daddy.  It’s a place to store value.  Like gold.  It’ll probably remain that way.  I’ve seen the believers swear up and down that it’s going to $100K plus.  They’ve been right before.  They may be right about that again.  I wouldn’t bet against it.  There’s a ton of serious institutional money in this stuff. It’s not going to go away like tulip bulbs. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

9 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

There’s a ton of serious institutional money in this stuff. It’s not going to go away like tulip bulbs. 

wait, wut? not possible!

i sold tulip bulbs in elementary school. didn't win the grand prize. in fact, i didn't win anything. i was the albert pujols (the angels years) of my class.

11 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Actually haven't bought anything yet.  I was late, and it was too expensive.  Looks like being cheap may work out for once.

sometimes procrastination has its rewards.

@NrM  And before you ask.  It's a calculated number I'm looking at.  I have been researching it, and believe that we are in the 3rd wave, that corresponds to when bitcoin cut the miner benefits.  So really anyone buying bitcoin, if the theory is correct, won't see a big upwards swing till 2023-24 when the next cut comes.

I'm drunk right now, so that means binge buy.   Yeah baby.  Let's go @Tank

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

@NrM  And before you ask.  It's a calculated number I'm looking at.  I have been researching it, and believe that we are in the 3rd wave, that corresponds to when bitcoin cut the miner benefits.  So really anyone buying bitcoin, if the theory is correct, won't see a big upwards swing till 2023-24 when the next cut comes.

I'm drunk right now, so that means binge buy.   Yeah baby.  Let's go @Tank

Yeah it's called the halvening or 4 year cycle. Bitcoin miner rewards are cut in half every 4 years. If that pattern holds true, then we're only half way through this bull cycle before entering a bear market.

7 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

@NrM Well, looks like I missed the boat once again.

Could be a dead cat bounce/bull trap. 

At the end of the day. As the boomers like to say.  Time in the market will always beat timing the market

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Bitcoin traders using up to 100-to-1 leverage are driving the wild swings in cryptocurrencies

So if I'm reading this correctly.  It's a reverse Gamestop situation?  The way they describe it, seems the institutional people are the one's that again got dinged hard.  Which is exactly the Gamestop situation.  

take it off batista GIF by WWE