• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bitcoin

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Unless you're an expert, you're not allowed to talk about it.

Everyone is free to look dumb on the internet.

If I go into a thread about dog breeds and say, “That breed is aggressive” and am corrected by someone I would look foolish and they would be correct if they knew what they were talking about.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For every guy who says it's a scam there's probably a guy who knows just as much about it that's trying to talk it up because he bought in at the wrong time.  Even some of the "experts" in articles are just trying to pump it up.  I don't blame them but some of them are only relevant because they got in real early, made a lot of money and look like geniuses now.  If it craps out then they're just another investor in the long line of investors who didn't know when to get out or how to parlay short term success into something that lasted.  It's like someone going on a run and getting a huge WSOP payday then a year later they're a mainstay at the $5 table because it's all gone and they didn't have the skill to last. 

Most of the guys I know that got in an out at a good time are never known or talked about.

Again, I’m not interested in the investment side and don’t talk about it because it’s out of my realm.

I am, however, interested in the technology, how it works, and it’s future benefits and using as a standard currency like credit cards.

• 10 months later...
On 11/22/2019 at 6:58 AM, fan_since79 said:

Down 8% this morning to $7,000. Just a couple weeks ago it was over $10,000.

I still don't know what the hell it's all about. Some people are saying this is what you'll need to survive if everything breaks down in the financial system.

Seems like BS to me and some kind of money-making scam.

Big hint on this: Spamming from Africans about Bitcoin is a big problem on Facebook pages.

32 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Big hint on this: Spamming from Africans about Bitcoin is a big problem on Facebook pages.

Africans trying to scam people doesn't make bitcoin BS. Africans scam people over everything.

billion dollar hedge funds wouldn't be investing in bitcoin if it was a scam

• 2 months later...

I got in pretty early with bitcoin and did pretty well. I wish I invested more. That said I obviously wish I kept it. I sold it around 10K. 

I've invested a few hundred I to Ripple and Litecoin recently. I'm doing it out of boredom more than anything.

That said how is this a currency if nobody ever spends it. It seems more like a stock that people are just hoping will increase in value.

3 hours ago, happybat4 said:

I got in pretty early with bitcoin and did pretty well. I wish I invested more. That said I obviously wish I kept it. I sold it around 10K. 

I've invested a few hundred I to Ripple and Litecoin recently. I'm doing it out of boredom more than anything.

That said how is this a currency if nobody ever spends it. It seems more like a stock that people are just hoping will increase in value.

Ripple is being sued by the SEC and has been delisted by most exchanges. It's a centralized shitcoin. I recommend buying Ethereum, it's actually being used, although you might want to wait for a dip/correction first.

4 hours ago, NrM said:

Ripple is being sued by the SEC and has been delisted by most exchanges. It's a centralized shitcoin. I recommend buying Ethereum, it's actually being used, although you might want to wait for a dip/correction first.

Yes I am aware.  Just holding in case of a miracle. Yeah Ethereum keeps going up. I'm expecting a drop soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 7:34 AM, Warfarin said:

Going to bump this thread to see if there are others here who are interested in blockchain technology, DeFi, etc..

Sup. Big fan of Ethereum and Defi.

Haven't been able to invest in any Defi projects, but I think it's going to continue it's substantial growth.  

Although, I am concerned about the upcoming bear market. So I might wait to invest in Defi tokens this cycle.

I think Ethereum can hit 10-20k by the end of this bull cycle. Layer 2 scaling and EIP-1559 releasing this summer will increase TPS and substantially lower gas fees. It also has potential to turn Ethereum into a deflationary asset. ETH 2.0(switching from pow to pos) with sharding releasing sometime in 2022 is obviously a game changer, too.

The only concern with Ethereum is other competitors eating away from it's ecosystem before ETH can release these game changing upgrades to their protocol. So you might want to hedge by looking into DOT, ADA, or BNB if you like chinese centralized crap.

27 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

So I should buy some?

Can't hurt to allocate some of your investment portfolio into BTC/ETH and dca when you see 30-40% corrections. Do your research, and if you believe in this asset class then continue to invest. 

Once this bullrun ends, most alt coins are going to get destroyed and never recover.

28 minutes ago, NrM said:

Fucking hell this Doge pump is insane. The normie retailers getting rich off a meme coin.

According to coinbase.

About Dogecoin

Dogecoin is a cryptocurrency that was created as a joke — its name is a reference to a popular Internet meme. It shares many features with Litecoin. However, unlike Litecoin, there is no hard cap on the number of Dogecoins that can be produced.

Market cap of $55.9 billion.  Is there really that much cash lying around that something created as a joke has a market cap more than Ford?  

24 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

According to coinbase.

Market cap of $55.9 billion.  Is there really that much cash lying around that something created as a joke has a market cap more than Ford?  

The power of Elon Musk tweeting about it everyday to his 50 million followers and being super cheap. 

Was .06 a few days ago and hit .44 today.

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

i remain firmly convinced that all of this cryptocurrency will be one of the biggest scams ever carried out.

Once the proper rich people get richer, it'll bottom out to what it should be at.  Then cycle again in a few years.