• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bitcoin

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/30/2021 at 10:01 AM, Taylor said:

Has anyone here ever made significant money by investing (not including 401Ks, etc.)? I know plenty of people who invest, but I've never met anyone who said, "I was able to buy a new car/house/increase my income level through the stock market."

Moonshot stuff is fairly rare and often you have to be taking considerable risk.  Not always tho.  People who got in early on bitcoin for example could have made a shit ton of money with small investments.  Like I said, rare.  I think it would be wise, if you have the expendable income (that’s the rub for most people in our age cohort) to take a look at putting money aside into growth funds or like an ETF that you’re interested in.  You can do a vanguard fund with pretty reasonable fees and just commit to putting money into it every month or week or whatever.  Vanguard is an old reliable investment firm.  So, while it’s not guaranteed you have lots of time to make money.  As you get older you can consider other options.  If you don’t have the $5K or whatever vanguard wants to get into one of their funds you can also use an app like acorns.  Which I think is great.  It’s sort of like putting money into a mutual fund.  But it’s not.  They put your money into various ETFs.  Large cap, international, small cap and bonds.  Depending on the portfolio you picks.  They’re simple to understand.  Conservative, moderate, aggressive etc.  you’re younger so you probably don’t want to put it into the conservative fund.  There’s no minimum to start with acorns.  Anyway, that’s a good way to get started.  I wouldn’t worry about trying to find the next Bitcoin or whatever.  I mean of course great if you can.  But that shit is a good way to get fucked.  Maybe keep an eye on the Reddit stonk forums.  Use some play money to fuck around with those if you want.  Maybe you can ride one of those to a win.  I made a pretty good bit of money off AMC.  Lol. 

20 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Moonshot stuff is fairly rare and often you have to be taking considerable risk.  Not always tho.  People who got in early on bitcoin for example could have made a shit ton of money with small investments.  Like I said, rare.  I think it would be wise, if you have the expendable income (that’s the rub for most people in our age cohort) to take a look at putting money aside into growth funds or like an ETF that you’re interested in.  You can do a vanguard fund with pretty reasonable fees and just commit to putting money into it every month or week or whatever.  Vanguard is an old reliable investment firm.  So, while it’s not guaranteed you have lots of time to make money.  As you get older you can consider other options.  If you don’t have the $5K or whatever vanguard wants to get into one of their funds you can also use an app like acorns.  Which I think is great.  It’s sort of like putting money into a mutual fund.  But it’s not.  They put your money into various ETFs.  Large cap, international, small cap and bonds.  Depending on the portfolio you picks.  They’re simple to understand.  Conservative, moderate, aggressive etc.  you’re younger so you probably don’t want to put it into the conservative fund.  There’s no minimum to start with acorns.  Anyway, that’s a good way to get started.  I wouldn’t worry about trying to find the next Bitcoin or whatever.  I mean of course great if you can.  But that shit is a good way to get fucked.  Maybe keep an eye on the Reddit stonk forums.  Use some play money to fuck around with those if you want.  Maybe you can ride one of those to a win.  I made a pretty good bit of money off AMC.  Lol. 

I do have a 403(b) retirement plan through my company, which I contribute a little to every paycheck. It's done fairly well for me over the years. 

14 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I do have a 403(b) retirement plan through my company, which I contribute a little to every paycheck. It's done fairly well for me over the years. 

Ah.  You must work for a public agency or a non profit ! Ya so if you take a look at that they probably have your money in some kind of investment portfolio managed for growth.  What are you at ? Like 12-15% or something.  That’s typical over the last several years for that sort of investment. 

anyway, if you want to grow money for nice toys or a vacation or buying a house or something.  Investing in the previously mentioned stuff is probably the way to do it.  Just keep in mind, we’re living in weird times with the markets.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just keep in mind, when you think the dip is finally over with, it will dip another 50% in a bear market.  Most Alts with no utility will dump 99% and never recover. 

The best time to buy is when no one is talking about crypto anymore and everyone has moved on

21 hours ago, NrM said:

Just keep in mind, when you think the dip is finally over with, it will dip another 50% in a bear market.  Most Alts with no utility will dump 99% and never recover. 

The best time to buy is when no one is talking about crypto anymore and everyone has moved on

What dip? Crypto is back up

i filled up with gas this weekend at my local ARCO. outside the cashier's window was a machine where you could buy crypto currencies. i didn't look at it too closely, but i found it very odd. looked more like a lottery ticket machine.