• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are you kidding me?

1 hour ago, GrittyVeterans said:

These injuries are the exact reason why the Angels need to sell hard this trade deadline and try to accumulate some young depth for future seasons.

right now we are pretty limited if any of our top players go down. The depth to be a contender isn’t there yet

Sell who?  Expiring contracts (normally who gets traded at the deadline): Calhoun (might be worth something if he keeps hitting); Harvey, Cahill, Lucroy....

Others: Skaggs, Heaney might get you something if they're healthy and pitching well in June/July....but neither would bring back a premium prospect.

17 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Sell who?  Expiring contracts (normally who gets traded at the deadline): Calhoun (might be worth something if he keeps hitting); Harvey, Cahill, Lucroy....

Others: Skaggs, Heaney might get you something if they're healthy and pitching well in June/July....but neither would bring back a premium prospect.

All of those guys, yes. And La Stella/Goodwin potentially too. It sounds crazy, but I think I would listen on Simmons too (although @Stradling is right that it would take a massive offer to actually move him).I understand we don't have a ton to sell, but you have to do what you can. Everyone keeps saying the window is from 2020-2023(which I agree with), so that means you have to accumulate as much young talent as you can still.

It makes no sense not to get what you can for older players when you are admitting that this is still a transitional year that we won't be contending in. 

We have the assets to hopefully make a couple Kinser for Buttrey type trades this July

2 hours ago, NJHalo said:

Great news! MLB Trade Rumors says we are in good shape with Cozart:

Fortunately, the club does seem to have the ability to shift some pieces around to cover for any absences. Zack Cozart is probably the most gifted shortstop in the world that doesn’t play that position for a MLB team, so he can slide over there with David Fletcher and Tommy La Stella sharing second and third base. 

monty python and there was much rejoicing GIF

49 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

All of those guys, yes. And La Stella/Goodwin potentially too. It sounds crazy, but I think I would listen on Simmons too (although @Stradling is right that it would take a massive offer to actually move him).I understand we don't have a ton to sell, but you have to do what you can. Everyone keeps saying the window is from 2020-2023(which I agree with), so that means you have to accumulate as much young talent as you can still.

It makes no sense not to get what you can for older players when you are admitting that this is still a transitional year that we won't be contending in. 

We have the assets to hopefully make a couple Kinser for Buttrey type trades this July

I think we have more to sell now than any other time in the last five or so years.  

35 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think we have more to sell now than any other time in the last five or so years.  

That's a pretty low bar, when Joe Smith, David Hernandez, Machete and Kinsler are your prize trade nuggets...

So glad last night was the first game of the year I made it to...

First off...the game was boring as hell...3 and 1/2 hours for a 3-1 game...slowest damn game. And then for good measure Ohtani and Simmons go down on back to back plays after Trout struck out looking ending the best scoring chance the Angels had the inning prior.

And probably the worst part...I watched as Pujols was platooned with a rookie 1b/P...and then to get a PH opportunity...walk...and then get replaced by Zack Cozart as a PH runner. That's gotta be a kick in the balls for a future HOFer. Was thinking...if that dude has any pride he has to be thinking about hanging it up...and now he's thrust back into a full time role again.

So, all in all last night's game sucked

11 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Rengifo 2B

Fletcher SS

La Stella  3B

Walsh and Pujols share 1B/DH until Ohtani is ready...It could be worse

9 hours ago, nando714 said:

Cozart will be seeing extended time at shortstop 

book that 

10 hours ago, totdprods said:

I think we see Ward getting the call. He fits perfectly with Walsh right now to give us 1B depth while Pujols picks up more DH time. Fletcher and Cozart will split time at SS. La Stella gets 2B, Fletcher and Ward split 3B.

Goodwin has cooled off in May significantly too, so Ward might get some big-league LF reps too. 

Ward’s been on fire. Giving him significant playing time for a couple weeks up here might be best for his development right now. If he can come up and finally translate it to the bigs...

l agree

3 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

It really depends whether we have a replacement that is at least equal to his production.  

I don't see the value in trading him if it makes the team weaker next season.

To me those two sentences are not mutually exclusive.  We may not have a replacement that can equal his production, but it doesn’t mean he can’t bring a piece that combined with what we do have to replace him doesn’t make us a stronger team next season.