• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Angels Spring Training News & Gameday Thread

Chuck

1 minute ago, CanadianHalo said:

If you were to remove the numbers from the back of the jerseys Pujols, Calhoun and Cozart don’t make this team. 

Thaiss takes Pujols job and literally anyone could take Cozart and Cahoun’s jobs

Sad, but true. It's been years since Pujols hit a ball as hard as Thaiss did in that AB.

Just now, CanadianHalo said:

If you were to remove the numbers from the back of the jerseys Pujols, Calhoun and Cozart don’t make this team. 

Thaiss takes Pujols job and literally anyone could take Cozart and Cahoun’s jobs

It is way too early to say that Calhoun and Cozart don’t make the team.  Also there is a ton of reason to trust the resume of guys who have done it at the major league level.  I don’t mean that in the sense of Albert who is clearly not a good player anymore.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

It is way too early to say that Calhoun and Cozart don’t make the team.  Also there is a ton of reason to trust the resume of guys who have done it at the major league level.  I don’t mean that in the sense of Albert who is clearly not a good player anymore.  

Oh they’ll make the team due to their contracts. I’m just saying on a level playing field, I honestly don’t think they would 

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

It's too bad Albert is owed $87 million because he can't be put out to pasture. He has to play.

I didn’t watch his second AB but his first AB he rolled over on a pitch he should’ve been able to drive. Yes it spring training and you can put it on his timing not being done but it was much of the same Albert we’ve grown accustomed to.

9 minutes ago, krAbs said:

Taylor Ward is raving about that Thaiss at-bat.

Justin Bour better look out, dude may get cut in exchange for Matt Thaiss if he keeps this up. 

Though it's possible we could open the season with Thaiss until Ohtani is ready and having Pujols/Bour platoon at 1B/DH, Thaiss at 1B/DH. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Rengifo reminds me of Aybar out there. 

Also, his infield out earlier in the game. People say he's not that fast, and granted he's not Billy Hamilton fast, but he really moved from home to first. Pretty quick dude. 

he seems to get to his top speed quicker than most.  

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

We all know it's important to not get caught up on small sample size performances, or to put too much stock in spring training performances, especially early spring training performances. It's triply important to not get caught up on early spring training small sample size performances.

It all starts out small. Its still exciting. We all know Thaiss is not going to hit .700. lets just hope he can continue and sparks some interest and over a larger sample size, produce at a decent Major League level.