• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Angels Spring Training News & Gameday Thread

Chuck

I know it's been only a few games, but I have to say that I am really enjoying watching all of our young players so far.  

I have disliked the yankees for a long time.  But one of the things that I have admired about them through the years is that they seem to focus on acquiring and developing players who have good at bats.  It was always very frustrating actually because they were patient and would only swing at their pitches.  

I don't know if it's happenstance or purposeful, but it seems like we are loaded with players who are willing to do just that.  I know it can be boring at times but I feel like for so many years we were more of a 'hatcher's hackers' sort of team.  

I wonder if this is something that Eppler has focused on after seeing how important it is to get into good hitters counts.  

19 minutes ago, Lou said:

are you guys referring to the Rengifo without a hit and an ops of .286, or is their another one on the roster?

I've been pretty consistent about giving zero fucks about results up to this point. Rengifo has looked good with the glove and in the box. There are some guys who only ever look good but never show results, but nobody ever looked bad while filling up a box score.

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I've been pretty consistent about giving zero fucks about results up to this point. Rengifo has looked good with the glove and in the box. There are some guys who only ever look good but never show results, but nobody ever looked bad while filling up a box score.

I have as many hits as he does 

2/27/2019

If spring training ended today and it actually mattered.......

Matt Thaiss would be my starting 1bman
Cole, Jewell, Rhoades and Hofacket would be strong candidates for the bullpen.  
Noe Ramirez, Jerez, Garcia wouldn't and Garcia would be DFA'd
Barria would still be my 5th starter even though Canning and Suarez looked good.   
Luis Pena would be on the bullpen bubble
I would consider Mahle as a situational lefty
Bourjos is probably the 4th OFer
Jarret Parker has me intrigued as a replacement for Kole.  
Rojas can play and should at least be in the conversation as a 1b/3b util guy
Taylor Ward would start at 3b and Cozart at 2b
Kruger has promise and will be a starter in a year.  Maybe two.  
Adell and Marsh are the future bookends around Trout
Albert is still old
Jones isn't ready but still has good at bats
Rengifo is the 2bman and leadoff man of the future.  
Kevan Smith isn't going to be a very good back up and likely loses his spot to Briceno.  
Felix Pena is going to be a very important part of the pen this year. 

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Jones isn't ready but still has good at bats

I wish I could agree but I just can’t. Jones has look completely overmatched at the plate. It was the same thing last spring training as well. 

Jones at one time was my favorite prospect. I had very high hopes for him. However, taking off the homer glasses I can confidently say Jones won’t be ready (if he is ever ready) for at least another 2 years. 

1 hour ago, CanadianHalo said:

I wish I could agree but I just can’t. Jones has look completely overmatched at the plate. It was the same thing last spring training as well. 

Jones at one time was my favorite prospect. I had very high hopes for him. However, taking off the homer glasses I can confidently say Jones won’t be ready (if he is ever ready) for at least another 2 years. 

Even if he gets to mlb at 23/24 that's not a horrible thing.