• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should Williams be left in the rotation?

Now that Hanson has missed so much time he will need to throw somewhere before going back in the rotation. Can someone on the restricted list do a regab assignment in the minors?

I would think so, depending on who it is and what the team decides.  

I prefer Williams to Hanson & Richards.

He's a superior competitor to both of them...especially Richards. 

Everytime I get my hopes up on the kid, he gets blown up.  The old 'one step forward, two steps back'.

You know what you're getting with Jerome(for the most part).

Well, I could see if he was plain awful then send him to AAA to get his head together. But if he's doing OK, you have to give him a chance. I think that's why he's done pretty poorly since returning to the pen. He doesn't want to be there and his emotions are controlling his performance.

I'm sure it's a pain in the ass going from bullpen to starter and back again. They need to quit dickin him around and give him a spot in the rotation. Once he knows his role on the team it's possible he'll start to pitch better.

In my opinion: Richards in the rotation, Williams in the pen >>>> Williams in the rotation, Richards in the pen.

I agree. How much of Richards' problem is his youth? From what I read here, his stuff seems pretty solid if it can be harnessed.

I don't care whether it's Richards or Williams--just get Blanton out of there.  However, if I was the manager, and had to make a decision, I would probably put Williams into the rotation simply because he has been more consistent.  Besides, Blanton can take over Williams long reliever duties, whereas Richards is more serviceable at the back end of the bullpen.  Nobody wants to waste his arm in a mop up role.  Blanton, on the other hand, has mop up (and washed up) written all over him.    

In my opinion: Richards in the rotation, Williams in the pen >>>> Williams in the rotation, Richards in the pen.

Agreed.  Also, Richards may be more erratic but his ceiling his a lot higher than Jerome's, and since this team isn't going anywhere this year, I say let Richards get experience as a starter.

I'm almost tempted to send Hanson to the pen in Williams' former role.   His endurance is a concern to me going forward.

Weaver, Wilson, Vargas, Williams, and Richards

This makes a great deal of sense. That way Hanson can be eased back into action in long relief until we can determine how durable he will be.

Jerome has only had two bad starts where he got rocked.  I would think that he is in the rotation for now.  As to Hansen, how many games do you miss when your brother in law dies?  This may seem cold but he's been on the restricted list twice and has missed at least 5 starts, which has really hurt the Angels.  Obviously I do not know the details (and I shouldn't) but I do not understand the team's patience with this situation.  Are there not other family members that can help his wife or sister through this situation?

Can't imagine Scioscia would even consider pulling Jerome from the rotation at this point unless he hits a really rough patch.

After tonight, on the season he's got a 2.53 ERA and a 1.08 WHIP in 46.1 IP.  That's not just good, it's exceptional.  

I highly doubt he keeps this pace, but he's really stepped up and earned himself a spot for now.  

EDIT:  I just noticed looking up his stats that Blanton's BAA is .369.   LOL

The bigger question is if he should be the 3rd or 4th starter. 

Who cares at this point.

Being a third or fourth starter doesn't mean anything unless they are in the playoffs and they are still long ways to go before they start thinking about that.