• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

McConnell condemns Biden's Day One executive actions

What did you think was going to happen Mitch?

You helped him get elected because you like going back to the old swamp ways.

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

It amazes me some people think that Trump wasn’t as swampy and corrupt as the others. 

Some people are silly geese, Kevin.

First, Biden signed an executive order revoking the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline. Now, no matter how you feel about fossil fuel (and if you drive a car or fly on airplanes or use the hospital or enjoy electricity, you might want to think carefully about how you feel about fossil fuel), there is no getting around the economic effect of this decision. Millions of Americans don't have jobs right now, but with a single shaky signature, Joe Biden just put another 11,000 people out of work. 

But he wasn't done.

Biden also instructed the Department of Homeland Security to halt deportations of illegal aliens. And when we say illegal aliens, we mean millions of illegal aliens, not just the countless undocumented Americans that Joe Biden tells us are busy curing cancer, winning Nobel Prizes and in general being a lot more impressive than you have ever been. Biden's order also covers criminals, rapists, murderers, and others who are dangerous to you and me.

So the message is clear: If you break our laws to get here and commit violent felonies once you arrive, sometimes against American citizens, Joe Biden will reward you with blanket amnesty. It's a pretty strong straight statement to make on your first day as president. So why wouldn't every poor person in the world sneak into America? Of course they would, and they will. Increasing the size of America's population is the whole point of the exercise. Biden himself explained that when he first started running for president.

We're not sure how Joe Biden calculated that we can afford to take in another two million people, but then, he's not really a numbers guy. Joe Biden is all heart, closer to a religious leader than an accountant. That's why, in his first address from the Oval Office, he unveiled a bust of Cesar Chavez, the famed left-wing labor leader who led the grape-pickers' union in California in the '60s and '70s.

Our easily impressed friends in the media were, needless to say, easily impressed by this. "Biden's Cesar Chavez bust in the Oval Office signals a new era for Latinos, activists hope" read an actual headline in The Washington Post. It's all pretty hilarious if you know anything about Cesar Chavez the man as opposed to the bronze image in the Oval Office.

The real Cesar Chavez passionately hated illegal immigration. He said so all the time. Immigration lowers the wages of American workers. That's the whole point of it. Cesar Chavez wasn't well-educated, but he was not stupid. He understood exactly what was going on and was enraged by the efforts to open our border with Mexico. He knew it was another corporate scam posing as a human rights imperative.

When the government refused to secure the border, Cesar Chavez's men did it themselves in the winter of 1979. Members of Chavez's union, the United Fruit Workers, formed what they called a "human wet line" across the southern desert and brutally assaulted Mexican nationals trying to come north for work. Chavez's men hit them with chains. That's the guy Joe Biden just told us he reveres.

47 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

It is definitely going to hurt folks in my area, badly.

Yeah not a huge fan with stopping it without some sort of conversation. 

I know they’ve had a spill already and I’m not big on eminent domain (not sure it’s happened yet). I know they promised green house emission free by 2023 but who knows. Was kind of hoping a deal could be worked out. You would know more about that stuff than me mt. 

one of the perpetual difficulties in governing is appeasing multiple sides to any issue. shutting down the pipeline might be satisfactory to environmentalists and indians rights groups, but then it puts several thousands of people out of work and makes us turn to buying more foreign oil.

how does anyone win in this kind of situation?