• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

BTW the Keystone thing was an awful decision by Biden. One of many more to come.

I believe so too and this whole idea of green energy providing jobs better come to fruition otherwise it’s going to hurt.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/biden-needs-to-account-for-lost-jobs-at-keystone-xl-195523730.html

I will say though both situations are risky though. If that pipeline had leaked(it had once already if I remember correctly), it would have hurt a lot as well.

When one uses the term open borders the most obvious understanding of that is that goods and people can flow freely with little supervision and basically no restriction or check.  When you travel between Nevada and California basically.  There are a few people(activists mostly) who do advocate for that on the international borders but they don’t hold any kind of substantial sway and the idea is not serious as a matter of policy to be pursued.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/11/07/joe-biden-policies-immigration-border-wall-433627

I don’t know if he’s for open borders.

"There will not be another foot of wall constructed on my administration, No. 1," Biden told National Public Radio last year. "I'm going to make sure that we have border protection, but it's going to be based on making sure that we use high-tech capacity to deal with it."

But some have issues with his potential use of technology.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thenation.com/article/politics/biden-immigration-surveillance/tnamp/

11 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I assumed it was always about international borders. 

There's supervision when you travel across state lines? 

No that’s what I’m saying.  There is not.  That represents open borders.  Immigration rules less strict than you’d like are not open borders.  

The reason that I sort of qualified it by saying “basically” and “little”  is because technically when you cross state borders you can be subject to like an agricultural inspection or ICE might stop you. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

he also removed price controls on insulin and epi pens.

He stopped all of the recent Trump era executive orders while they’re reviewed until March.  The stuff around epi pens and insulin was more rhetoric than substance.  You’re characterizing this badly. 

Remains to be seen what they’ll do or if they’ll do anything at all but it’s ridiculous to frame it as a serious roll back of a broadly beneficial regulation.  

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It's pretty much the unofficial position of the democratic party. Find me a dem who has publicly stated a limitation they'd put on immigration. 

Plus they all raised their hands when asked if they would provide healthcare to illegals.

Might as well roll out the welcome mat.

43 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

He stopped all of the recent Trump era executive orders while they’re reviewed until March.  The stuff around epi pens and insulin was more rhetoric than substance.  You’re characterizing this badly. 

Remains to be seen what they’ll do or if they’ll do anything at all but it’s ridiculous to frame it as a serious roll back of a broadly beneficial regulation.  

I understand the why, but I don't like it. 

Is insulin getting to the people who need it? That's all I care about. I don't know what impact this will have.