• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m glad that the pipeline is being shut down because it’s bad.  As you know, I think Climate Change is among the most serious issues that we have to deal with.  That said, the workers who lose their jobs as a consequence of the necessary changes that come in a response to addressing climate change should be made whole and there should be a program in place to re employ them.  If they’re older and can’t be retrained then they should be allowed early retirement.  This is something that happens in many professions and is unremarkable.  

I realize that in this particular case it appears that there is no immediate solution to this problem and that is unfortunate.  Im not going to say that it’s not poorly implemented.  But hopefully there is some redress for these people.  Im a guy on a message board so don’t get to mad at me.  I’m just sharing my opinion that big picture this is a greater good thing.  I don’t have control over this lol.  I think your position in regards to the workers is absolutely legitimate.  That said, a big part of the “Green New Deal” is investment in putting people to work.  Massive infrastructure investment.  It would be nice if people would get on board.  unlikely sadly.  

there’s really not a lot of debate from a science perspective about the menace of climate change.  We’re driving over the edge of a cliff.  

Is the new policy to impact climate change or is it to create an oil shortage that makes increased military conflict in the middle east more palatable?

10 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

New reality TV show pitch:

Eric and Kurt tour the country bugging the everliving F out of each other, getting drunk off their asses and constantly having to repair a vehicle that requires extremely hard-to-find parts.

You're watching ”Spitfireball" on Discovery.

@Spirit makes an occasional cameo to shame them for driving a car.

13 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

Eric and Kurt tour the country bugging the everliving F out of each other, getting drunk off their asses and constantly having to repair a vehicle that requires extremely hard-to-find parts.

lol, I did pitch an idea to blarg that would get him to the top and off working on that dating game show.  Trump pardons the Tiger King and the Q Shaman, Tiger King will need a new husband and the two have a wonderful ceremony at Mar-A-Lago where they release a snow tiger and Don Jr and Eric hunt it down and shoot it.  Blarg could be CEO of Netflix if he just pitched this. 

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

This I can’t go along with.  There is no system in existence now to replace all the products I listed above, or the jobs.  This is why an all or nothing approach just can’t work

Then you simply don’t believe that it’s a problem.  You’re going to accommodate change, some of which will be uncomfortable or the  willful destruction of the environment will make your children and possibly you pay.  Tbh, it’s probably too late already. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Biden working towards putting Harriet Tubman on $20 notes after Trump delayed move

The Obama administration had wanted to replace Andrew Jackson with the American abolitionist on the notes but it went nowhere during the Trump Administration.

“I was here when we announced that, and it was very exciting, but it hasn’t moved forward yet, which we would have been surprised to learn at the time,” said White House press secretary Jen Psaki.

“The Treasury Department is taking steps to resume efforts to put Harriet Tubman on the front of the new $20 notes. 

"It is important that our notes, our money, reflect the history and diversity of our country and Harriet Tubman’s image gracing the new $20 note would certainly reflect that and we are exploring ways to speed up that effort.”

In before someone calls this identity politics.

50 minutes ago, Adam said:

Is the new policy to impact climate change or is it to create an oil shortage that makes increased military conflict in the middle east more palatable?

Trump still had our soldiers guarding oil fields all along so to answer your question, yes.

22 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Then you simply don’t believe that it’s a problem.  You’re going to accommodate change, some of which will be uncomfortable or the  willful destruction of the environment will make your children and possibly you pay.  Tbh, it’s probably too late already. 

Why can't I believe there is a problem and also think there should be a path, a clear path, to greener energy?  One that addresses the individuals,  industries  and most of all the materials needed to actually exist.  Why does it have to be one extreme or the other?  

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Shhh...the only accepted narrative here is that Trump was a pacifist who ended 95% of military activity abroad.

Well to be fair to Trump, he did reduce like Obama the amount of troops but failed to finish the job. We'll see what Biden does. Not getting my hopes up.

7 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Well to be fair to Trump, he did reduce like Obama the amount of troops but failed to finish the job. We'll see what Biden does. Not getting my hopes up.

I don't recall, but did Trump promise to bring all the troops home like Obama did? 

1 hour ago, fishbulb said:

Brilliant only not just now because I haven't gotten the rear wheels mounted yet and the heater really isn't up for this weather since all of the ducts rotted away years ago. Wait a minute, that's Episode 1. 

26 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Trump still had our soldiers guarding oil fields all along so to answer your question, yes.

I’m not saying Trump was great. Yemen alone should require his and Obama’s public executions.

im saying that the neocons - those Lincoln project fuckheads that CNN fell in love with - have very specific objectives in other parts of the world and they believe that Biden will execute them.

23 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Why can't I believe there is a problem and also think there should be a path, a clear path, to greener energy?  One that addresses the individuals,  industries  and most of all the materials needed to actually exist.  Why does it have to be one extreme or the other?  

First of all, it’s not extreme.  The green new deal proposes long term (multi decade) policy and infrastructure goals and action items.  And second of all, when we talk in absolutes we’re mostly talking about a complete move from fossil fuels for energy generation and transport.  They aren’t proposing complete elimination petroleum from everything.  We aren’t talking about imaginary technologies that don’t exist.   Petroleum is of course still necessary for some things.  But hey, maybe one day it won’t be.  That’s not the principal concern.  

but if you are ready to acknowledge its problem then you need to be ready to accept significant action to address it.  You guys complain about how useless the Paris Accords are.  I agree ! These tiny step non committed solutions are  not serious.  

Edited by UndertheHalo