• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, T.G. said:

Who pays for all this and how? And what happens when other groups want the same deal? And how do they manage housing and transportation to these state universities? And what requirements do they have to meet to get this deal? Any GPA? Any price house? Is it one or the other or both?

What groups are you referring to?  The two biggest peoples we screwed over were blacks and natives.  Our very existence as a strong nation was built off of their backs.  Add to that how they have been continuously screwed over and, as far as blacks go, many are born into situations where they have almost no chance to succeed.   This is undebatale 

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

What groups are you referring to?  The two biggest peoples we screwed over were blacks and natives.  Our very existence as a strong nation was built off of their backs.  Add to that how they have been continuously screwed over and, as far as blacks go, many are born into situations where they have almost no chance to succeed.   This is undebatale 

I think we can all agree that the blacks and native Americans have been screwed over by this country in our past but this last statement is a different issue than that. Yes, in my opinion your statement is accurate but this is where personal responsibility and cultural issues come into play. If the US is going to pay for their education then it will help if they value said education. The interest free home loans and free college may help select members of those communities but I don't think it has a s big of an impact as we would hope.  

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think we can all agree that the blacks and native Americans have been screwed over by this country in our past but this last statement is a different issue than that. Yes, in my opinion your statement is accurate but this is where personal responsibility and cultural issues come into play. If the US is going to pay for their education then it will help if they value said education. The interest free home loans and free college may help select members of those communities but I don't think it has a s big of an impact as we would hope.  

There are plenty of non-profit orgs within the Black community that work on these "personal responsibility" issues that we White people love to continually harp on. Personal responsibility and systemic issues are equally to blame.

That's why Marxism is a bad philosophy. It completely discounts the onus of the individual. But on the other end, a lot of people discount the corrupt structures of our society and insist that if everyone just acted the right way, there wouldn't be any problems.

Allow the Black community to deal with their personal responsibility issue. The rest of society has a responsibility to fix the system.

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

It is better than giving out cash and way better than doing nothing.  We can't keep blaming the victims and using that as justification to not try.  I am not saying this plan is even the best one but there should be one.  One thing this country has continually done is using the issue that it is going to be hard as a reason to do nothing instead.  This applies to infrastructure,  lowering the debt, fixing social security,  addressing systematic racism, solving the clean energy issue and many other things

50 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Who is debating this? 

Still not answering the questions about how and who pays for all this?

Anytime one group gets something for free, another group comes along and says... "What about me?"

I think it's easy to say something like "give them free this or that" - but as with everything, the devil is in  the details.

22 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Who is debating this? 

Still not answering the questions about how and who pays for all this?

Anytime one group gets something for free, another group comes along and says... "What about me?"

I think it's easy to say something like "give them free this or that" - but as with everything, the devil is in  the details.

Of course, but something must be done, something substantial 

By the way, Joe showed who and what he cares about when he just used a pen to ditch Keystone.  He went right after probable Trump voters and middle-america.  He did this with a stroke of his pen and not a word of condodence, encouragement or apology.  Tens of thousands of people put out of work without a word to them.

What an ass

33 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

The best thing we can do for Blacks and Natives is end welfare.

one thing bill clinton did in the 90s was put a limit to how long people could be on welfare and food stamps. i thought that was a good idea, and i remember that the policy was effective in getting people back to work. it was motivation for people to go get a job and not rely on the gov't to endlessly take care of them. i'd like to see something like this again.

there has to be far more intrinsic motivation for people to want to succeed in living. there are too many places where motivation to pull yourself up our of your circumstances is missing. this is where black leaders could be a lot more effective for their audience. stop selling drugs and living a life of crime. stay in school and get your education. learn a trade or hone a craft; develop your interests. stop killing each other over which street belongs to who. find out what you're good at it and pursue it, honestly. 

dr. king spoke about having something in which to hope. that emphasis has been replaced with asking the country to take care of you while you invest nothing in yourself. that desperately needs to change.

I think this is something most of us will be behind.

Biden to direct Justice Department to not renew contracts with private prisons

President Joe Biden will sign an executive order directing the Department of Justice to end its contracts with privately run prisons, part of the incoming administration’s efforts to address racial injustice.

Susan Rice, the new president’s domestic policy adviser, said Mr Biden was stopping private prison companies from “profiteering” from federal prisoners.

“The president will sign an executive order directing the Department of Justice not to renew any contracts with private prison,” said Ms Rice at a White House press briefing.

"Private prisons profiteer off federal prisoners and are proven to be, or found to be by the Department of Justice inspector general, less safe for correctional officers and prisoners.

“President Biden is committed to reducing mass incarceration, while making our communities safer and that starts with ending the federal government’s reliance on private prisons.”

Pipeline worker slams Biden for canceling Keystone XL Pipeline: 'Like a kick in the stomach'

Williams, who is a second-generation pipeline worker, thought of his grandchildren, saying Biden should "look into their eyes" and tell them about the executive order.

"You come look at them in the face, and tell them that, ‘You know, I just, [with] one stroke of the pen, killed eleven thousand high-paying jobs,’" Williams said.

And these jobs will go over seas to the middle eastern countries.

Once again we will be reliant on foreign oil.

It's really dumb to stop it all at once like this.

Terrible decision.

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

This is going to be horrible.  Just like in Calolfornia.  The reason why we have private prisons is because we have nowhere to put the criminals.  Now that you get rid of all these prisons, there will be the overcrowding factor.  Which means, early release.  It was a clusterfuck in Calolfornia, it's going to be a clusterfuck on the Fed level.

13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

and once again, no mention about asking citizens to stop breaking the law or to take personal responsibility for their behavior.

i know you disagree with this and will have a book for me to read, but i'm not going to do that. i will die on this hill about personal responsibility.