• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Hey guys, if you click on the "Future Angels" (watch out, here comes bat boy) link in the navigation menu bar under the header logo I have a page designed just for our prospects content. 

Check it out: https://www.angelswin.com/future-angels/

@Angelsjunky, @totdprods, @Second Base, @Dochalo, @Dave Saltzer and gang, this is where our minor league content will be routed to from now on, in addition to the forum here for discussion. 

FutureAngelsPage.png

Chuck, do you wear fat lady clothes?

40 minutes ago, Chris said:

even Chuck gets the ads lol...I thought with that membership you could avoid ads...

I have to see all of the ads to make sure they're working and not causing problems. I see them all with the exception of the gnarly video ads, though I check on my other browser which is viewing as a guest account. 

To summarize:

Best Pure Hitter: SS Will Wilson (1)

Best Power Hitter: SS Will Wilson (1)

Fastest Runner: OF Brandon White (17)

Best Defensive Player: SS Kyren Paris (2), OF Brandon White (17); Hon. Mention: C Anthony Mulrine (25)

Best Athlete: SS Kyren Paris (2)

Best Fastball: RHP Zach Linginfelter (9); Hon. Mention: RHPs Zac Kristofak (14), Greg Veliz (15), Andrew Blake (21), Shane Kelso (24) and LHP Ryan Smith (18)

Best Secondary Pitch: RHP Jack Kochanowicz (3); Hon. Mention: RHPs Zach Peek (6), Kyle Brnovich (8)

Best Pro Debut: RHP Greg Veliz (15)

Most Intriguing: OF/LHP Erik Rivera (4); Hon. Mention: RHPs Davis Daniel (7), Kyle Molnar (26)

Closest To The Majors: RHP Garrett Stallings (5)

Best Late Round Pick: RHP Shane Kelso (24)

The One Who Got Away: RHP Kenyon Yovan (27)

Edited by sportstr44

1 hour ago, sportstr44 said:
To summarize:

Best Defensive Player: SS Kyren Paris (2); Hon. Mention: C Anthony Mulrine (25)

Best Fastball: RHP Zach Linginfelter (9); Hon. Mention: RHPs Zac Kristofak (14), Greg Veliz (15), Andrew Blake (21), Shane Kelso (24) and LHP Ryan Smith (18)

Best Secondary Pitch: RHP Jack Kochanowicz (3); Hon. Mention: RHPs Zach Peek (6), Kyle Brnovich (8)

Most Intriguing: OF/LHP Erik Rivera (4); Hon. Mention: RHPs Davis Daniel (7), Kyle Molnar (26)

Real exciting to see how this class progresses. 

Brandon White had a nice season at Orem. 

8 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Erik Rivera is a two-way player? For some reason he missed my attention.

I realize that Stallings has limited upside, but he could be a real sleeper as a depth starter in a couple years.

Kochanowicz and Paris seem to be the highest upside players. 

He is, not much to show for yet. 

William Holmes though...he’s gonna be one to watch next year...

.326/.431/.488/.920 with 4 XBH, 7 BB, 15 K in 51 PA and a 5.18 ERA in 24.1 IP with 20 BB, 38 K (K/9 of 14) and a .224 BA...some exciting indicators. 

Edited by totdprods

8 minutes ago, totdprods said:

He is, not much to show for yet. 

William Holmes though...he’s gonna be one to watch next year...

.326/.431/.488/.920 with 4 XBH, 7 BB, 15 K in 51 PA and a 5.18 ERA in 24.1 IP with 20 BB, 38 K (K/9 of 14) and a .224 BA...some exciting indicators. 

I agree - I'm very excited about Holmes, but also trying to curb my expectations. 

6 hours ago, sportstr44 said:

To summarize:

Best Defensive Player: SS Kyren Paris (2), OF Brandon White (17); Hon. Mention: C Anthony Mulrine (25)

Zzzzz's…..

On 10/18/2019 at 8:50 AM, sportstr44 said:

To summarize:

nice to see a fairly objective source with some nice things to say about Wilson.  

some number behind a few of these guys (DNP = did not pitch):

1. Wilson - .768 ops at orem but missed a fair amount of time.  They may have just slowed him down toward the seasons end in that between NCAA and pro he'd gotten almost 500 PA in 100 games.  

2. Paris - only 13 pa toward the end of the AZL season.  .862 ops with 3bb/4k and a double.  Couple errors at SS in 3 games.  

3. Kochanowicz - DNP - mentioned for his big 11-5 curve.  

4. Erik Rivera - didn't pitch.  .577 ops in 83 PA for AZL Angels.  9bb though.  

5. Stallings - DNP 

6. Zach Peek - DNP - mentioned for his change up

7. Davis Daniel - DNP - he was considered one of the most intriguing because of his 'prospect pedigree'.  Not sure what that means

8. Kyle Brnovich - DNP - describe as tremendous depth and consistency on the breaking ball 

9. Zach Linginfelter - DNP 

10. Chad Sykes - started in rookie Orem and got knocked around a bit but moved to Burlington and posted a 1.35 era in 20 innings with 23k.  

11. Brent Killam - DNP

12. Jack Dashwood - DNP

13. Edwin Sanchez - DNP

14. Zac Kristofak - 26.1 ip for Orem.  36h, 24k, 6.15 era

15. Greg Veliz - 29.1ip betwen orem and burlington.  3.68 era with 36k.  all in relief.  

16. Dakota Donovan - DNP

17. Brandon White - .749 ops with 22b/44k in 224 PA.  11 SB/5 CS.  

18. Ryan Smith - 25.2 ip for Orem.  37k, 5.26 era.  

19. Garrett Lawson - DNP

21. Andrew Blake - 8.72 era with 32k, 18bb in 21.2 ip.  

22. Morgan McCullough - Orem .742 ops in 181 PA.  Burlington .578 ops in 49 pa.  

24. Shane Kelso - 2.18 era in 20.2 ip for Orem and Burlington. 34k/15bb

25. Anthony Mulrine - .820 ops with 16bb in 159 pa for Orem in addition to the defense mentioned above.  

26. Kyle Molnar - DNP