• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

Right now, Eppler is looking like a genius for not being willing to discuss Marsh in any trades. Teams knew about his potential before, but scouts are seeing it all come together in the AFL and have to be salivating. 

The personalities are completely different, but I think you're seeing a young Josh Hamilton in Brandon Marsh.

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I have feeling one of Raider or Rainier are going to come back to haunt us. 

I get that feeling as well.  I'll guess Rivas is gonna make this team look really dumb.  I hope not but does it really matter?  We got a virtually worthless player by giving up future assets.  Even if both guys stall out in AA, they're worth more later than they are now.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

I get that feeling as well.  I'll guess Rivas is gonna make this team look really dumb.  I hope not but does it really matter?  We got a virtually worthless player by giving up future assets.  Even if both guys stall out in AA, they're worth more later than they are now.  

I mean, we have hundreds of minors leaguers and we had to give up the two that intrigued me the most from the lower levels. 

Stassi was their third catcher for crying out loud. We could have gotten him off waivers or for cash if we wanted him that bad. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I mean, we have hundreds of minors leaguers and we had to give up the two that intrigued me the most from the lower levels. 

Stassi was their third catcher for crying out loud. We could have gotten him off waivers or for cash if we wanted him that bad. 

I agree that the Angels severely overpaid. But I'm willing to give Stassi another look next year. I get the feeling there's a lot more offense there than anyone has seen yet. If he his like he's capable of, he can be a VERY good starting catcher. 

But as of right now, that has to go down as one of Eppler's dumbest moves in my opinion. It's not Pestano for Clevinger dumb, but it's really dumb. Pestano for Clevinger is the equivalent of trading Chris Rodriguez or Jose Soriano for Luis Garcia.

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

I agree that the Angels severely overpaid. But I'm willing to give Stassi another look next year. I get the feeling there's a lot more offense there than anyone has seen yet. If he his like he's capable of, he can be a VERY good starting catcher. 

But as of right now, that has to go down as one of Eppler's dumbest moves in my opinion. It's not Pestano for Clevinger dumb, but it's really dumb. Pestano for Clevinger is the equivalent of trading Chris Rodriguez or Jose Soriano for Luis Garcia.

you're seeing something I'm not about Stassi and offense.  Pitiful doesn't even begin to describe him at the plate this year.  There is no level of defense that justifies him playing and the initial eye test on his defense was that he's decent at best.  If we had picked him up off waivers I'd still be scratching my head.  I don't even want to talk about it anymore.    

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

you're seeing something I'm not about Stassi and offense.  Pitiful doesn't even begin to describe him at the plate this year.  There is no level of defense that justifies him playing and the initial eye test on his defense was that he's decent at best.  If we had picked him up off waivers I'd still be scratching my head.  I don't even want to talk about it anymore.    

Agreed. He looked like some guy they promoted from high school and put him behind the plate in major league games. 

He was AWFUL and that trade (along with the failed Cozart, Cahill, Harvey, etc.) signings really left me with a soured opinion of Eppler toward the end of the season, but like I said, he has no excuses this offseason. He's got one shot to make this happen and if he has to get angry and bang his fist on Arte's desk and kick over a few chairs to ask for more money, I want to see him do it. 

12 hours ago, Second Base said:

Right now, Eppler is looking like a genius for not being willing to discuss Marsh in any trades. Teams knew about his potential before, but scouts are seeing it all come together in the AFL and have to be salivating. 

The personalities are completely different, but I think you're seeing a young Josh Hamilton in Brandon Marsh.

To be fair what types of trades were even being discussed to move such a good prospect in the first place? It is not exactly like we have been winning and needed an upgrade lately. But yes Marsh is shining right now.