• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

Just my guess, but I think Jones will open the year in AAA as a 22 year old and may struggle a little early on in April, but will ultimately right the ship by May and perform as he normally would. He'll receive his first big league promotion sometime in 2020, and will be in line to be there starting 2B and reserve outfielder in 2021. I just don't know if that will be with the Angels or not.

My guess is Rengifo continues to improve with the bat and shows he belongs in the big leagues, but also displays a more limited upside as a starting option at 2B. Once the trade deadline rolls around, there Angels may find themselves making a difficult decision. Keep the 23 year old major leaguer that you know can start and won't hurt your lineup, it keep the 22 year old in AAA that has the upside to truly impact the game offensively, but isn't a guarantee.

I think Jones will end up being dealt at the trade deadline for a pretty solid pitcher that will help the club down the stretch.

As for his outcome, I think he ends up being a major league infielder and outfielder that hits .250 with 10 HR's a year and 15-20 SB a year, which isn't spectacular, but because of his leadership, clubhouse presence, attitude, athleticism and versatility, Jones will end up carving out a pretty lengthy career. The sort that plays in the major leagues for 15+ years before you realize how long he's been around, and is b eventually managing in the major leagues by the time he's 40.

44 minutes ago, Tank said:

I suddenly feel like buying some insurance from GEICO.

I have Geico insurance for my car. Cheapest I can get. It's about $95 a month with a newer car and an accident in the last 5 years.

The only issue I've experienced is when I need a tow and they call "the closest tow company" and they're 2.5 hours away. Poop.

4 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I have Geico insurance for my car. Cheapest I can get. It's about $95 a month with a newer car and an accident in the last 5 years.

The only issue I've experienced is when I need a tow and they call "the closest tow company" and they're 2.5 hours away. Poop.

you may be too young to remember that GEICO used to have a slogan of "it's so easy, even a caveman can do it." that was what I was referencing in looking at marsh's picture.

IMG_20191026_012804.jpg.084e4f415363a788bd4432ef053aecde.jpg

Unknown.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tank said:

you may be too young to remember that GEICO used to have a slogan of "it's so easy, even a caveman can do it." that was what I was referencing in looking at marsh's picture.

Wasn't that like ten years ago? How old is tdawg, anyway?

(I think they did a new ad with the caveman a year or two ago)

20 hours ago, Second Base said:

I swear, if Eppler trades Marsh and breaks up this lovefest, then I will never forgive him.

Marsh has that anti-hero/rock star kind of vibe. Adell has that beyond his years wisdom/make it look easy vibe.  Together, they're going to be awesome.