• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alex Meyer back...

Inside Pitch

The kid can fire BB's at the plate. He throws hard, is deceptive, has ball movement. When the kid is going good, he's as unhittable as anyone I've ever seen. Just sheer dominance, physically. The only problem with him firing those BB's is that his gun keeps malfunctioning. 

But torn labrum are no joke, lots of guys don't recover from that. Kelvin Escobar comes to mind. I wish Meyer the best, and I love that the Angels brought him back on a minor league deal. Having potential like that, but neither paying them much or counting on their health is pretty much exactly how I'd fill the upper minors. 

I wouldn't mind seeing the Angels try the same thing with Shelby Miller and Drew Pomeranz. Coming up in the minors, Shelby Miller is the only pitcher I've ever watched outduel Garrett Richards in terms of stuff. They were both in AA and I think the Cards won that game 1-0 or 2-0. Just unforgettable display of pitching. One of those random games that's you never forget. Sort of like that one time Joe Saunders outdueled Zack Greinke.

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Just have to hope for Harvey to regain form or for Skaggs to pitch an entire season like he pitched the first 19 games of last year.  Skaggs started 24 games last year to an ERA of just over 4.  After his 19th start his ERA was 2.62.  In 2020 I’m guessing Ohtani will be our Ace. 

I'd think the Angels will also be looking at Gerrit Cole, seeing as how they were in on Corbin this offseason, perhaps Sale as well. I'm sure Bumgarner, Wacha, Gray, Mikolas, Wheeler, Odorizzi, Gray, Gibson will considered as well, and even Hill, Hamels, and Verlander, seeing as how we were supposedly considering Sabathia.

Taking into how deep the FA SP pool looks next year, I like the Cahill and Harvey signings even more.

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I'd think the Angels will also be looking at Gerrit Cole, seeing as how they were in on Corbin this offseason, perhaps Sale as well. I'm sure Bumgarner, Wacha, Gray, Mikolas, Wheeler, Odorizzi, Gray, Gibson will considered as well, and even Hill, Hamels, and Verlander, seeing as how we were supposedly considering Sabathia.

Taking into how deep the FA SP pool looks next year, I like the Cahill and Harvey signings even more.

That is an incredibly exciting list of arms for next off-season. If Halos can get one of those arms, I’d be thrilled.   Only moderately thrilled with Gibson however.  Still, a very good list of pitchers to look at for 2020 when the Angels likely will be making a bigger push for the postseason. 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Since before the start of the offseason, heck, ever since Ohtani and Richards suffered their UCL injuries, it's been pretty clear 2019 would be best served as a development year of sorts for the next wave of kids.

I think that needs to be recognized by some more on here, in reference to being patient. G Rich was supposed to be our staff ace, but then... then ohtani, same thing.

With those two healthy, you have a very solid 1-2 that can hang with anyone in a short series. Then skaggs and heaney to round it out.

Boom. Sign a closer, add a bat.

Without those two, and skaggs and heaney being your front end guys..

It sucks. But i get why we still arent putting in all our chips.