• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alex Meyer back...

Inside Pitch

13 hours ago, Second Base said:

I wouldn't mind seeing the Angels try the same thing with Shelby Miller and Drew Pomeranz. Coming up in the minors, Shelby Miller is the only pitcher I've ever watched outduel Garrett Richards in terms of stuff. They were both in AA and I think the Cards won that game 1-0 or 2-0. Just unforgettable display of pitching. One of those random games that's you never forget. Sort of like that one time Joe Saunders outdueled Zack Greinke.

I like these type of moves.  Small investment for even moderate return is great thinking.

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

Just have to hope for Harvey to regain form or for Skaggs to pitch an entire season like he pitched the first 19 games of last year.  Skaggs started 24 games last year to an ERA of just over 4.  After his 19th start his ERA was 2.62.  In 2020 I’m guessing Ohtani will be our Ace. 

Skaggs was pitching with an injured groin his last few starts. In fact he went on the 10 day DL between starts in the last month or so.

On 12/31/2018 at 2:52 PM, Kody Mac said:

How do Heaney and Skaggs still have options? Feels like they've been around forever.

And who is this Dillon Peters guy??

Heaney actually has 3 years of arb left and skaggs has 2.  I think it's a good time to extend them both if possible.  maybe get 2-3 FA years bought out.  

Peters is a 5'9" lefty whose stuff has played up in the minors yet he's been pounded at the major league level.  He was bad at AAA in 2018 but really good before that.  According to most scouting reports, his fastball sits at 90-94 and he's got a good curve with a solid change.  He also apparently has good command and can throw all those pitches for strikes.  

Entering his age 26 season.   Most likely a #6/7 type guy.  Probably on par with someone like Jon Lamb unless they can find a way to get more out of him similar to what they did with Felix Pena last year.