• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Voter Suppression

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

So do the people here arguing in favor of this law really believe there’s a problem with fraudulent votes ?

I don't think there is but it's a good thing to take measures to ensure it doesn't happen. You lock your doors to your house when you leave to make it harder for unauthorized entry into it. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure 

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

Gotcha.  So, based on your dictionary definition, you're just speaking about a general problem and not a massive problem.

There's not a massive problem with fraudulent votes.  But the number of fraudulent votes is also not zero.

The number of gun deaths is not zero. What's a bigger issue?

8 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I don’t think you believe that.

I don't.

Which is why I don't believe we should make strict voting laws to prevent a handful of people from committing voter fraud. Hurts a larger group of people. 

Most people use alcohol and guns responsibly, which is why I support 2A.

54 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't.

Which is why I don't believe we should make strict voting laws to prevent a handful of people from committing voter fraud. Hurts a larger group of people. 

Most people use alcohol and guns responsibly, which is why I support 2A.

It is possible to make access to voting plentiful but you don’t want to make it so easy that fraud could occur. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

As expected, the MLB Facebook page has all the boomers whining and saying they aren't watching baseball anymore.

Stupid cancel culture.

Do you think this is a good thing for MLB to be doing? Is this something that will help heal or divide the citizens of this country? It’s very disheartening to see them take political sides 

Just now, Jason said:

Do you think this is a good thing for MLB to be doing? Is this something that will help heal or divide the citizens of this country? It’s very disheartening to see them take political sides 

If they didn't do it, people would be upset. 

It's a lose/lose situation.

I don't want sports getting involved in politics either, but this was a decision that really doesn't affect that many people. We can talk about the economics of it all we want but in the end it's really not something to clutch your pearls over. 

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

If they didn't do it, people would be upset. 

It's a lose/lose situation.

I don't want sports getting involved in politics either, but this was a decision that really doesn't affect that many people. We can talk about the economics of it all we want but in the end it's really not something to clutch your pearls over. 

I agree it has zero impact on my life but it’s the idea of them taking political sides. After 9/11 it seemed like baseball was used to unite but taking the political side is the exact opposite. It’s just sad that it’s happening 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I agree it has zero impact on my life but it’s the idea of them taking political sides. After 9/11 it seemed like baseball was used to unite but taking the political side is the exact opposite. It’s just sad that it’s happening 

That's the world we live in now. Liberals and conservatives alike turned everything to shit after Trump was elected. Now we're so divided there's no chance of repair.

I mean, I've lost friends over this shit. Fuckin hell Chuck blocked me on Facebook. And I don't even post political shit, though I commented on his posts. I won't go there, though.

If you don't act, one side gets upset. If you do act, one side gets upset. 

The libs threw a tantrum in 2016 and started embracing the far left. The conservatives spent 4 years doing a victory lap and falling further away from the middle. It's basically 2 different countries now. 

I fucking hate politics.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

To be fair, I think it started with the rise of social media and it becoming our primary way of communicating with one another. 

No I agree completely. Twitter and Facebook put out so much bullshit and people ate it up like it was groceries. 

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

That's the world we live in now. Liberals and conservatives alike turned everything to shit after Trump was elected. Now we're so divided there's no chance of repair.

I mean, I've lost friends over this shit. Fuckin hell Chuck blocked me on Facebook. And I don't even post political shit, though I commented on his posts. I won't go there, though.

If you don't act, one side gets upset. If you do act, one side gets upset. 

The libs threw a tantrum in 2016 and started embracing the far left. The conservatives spent 4 years doing a victory lap and falling further away from the middle. It's basically 2 different countries now. 

I fucking hate politics.

I agree with you. I didn’t want to lose friends or alienate family and people I genuinely care about so that’s why I deleted all my social media accounts. Everything I was seeing was becoming toxic or just filled with mere lies. I started to notice that if the lies and bullshit were posted by a source that has the same political leanings then it’s unquestionably believed. That’s a recipe for disaster and sadly, it seems like the MSM is becoming the same thing as they are choosing sides. Filtering out the truth from the lies is going to be very difficult  moving forward as most people don’t have a time to research all this stuff themselves. 

47 minutes ago, Jason said:

To be fair, I think it started with the rise of social media and it becoming our primary way of communicating with one another. 

Social media made it more accessible but there issues before. I remember having to listen to Michael Savage on the radio in the mid 90’s while stuck in commute traffic with my parents on the way home from school and work and what I heard was no different than what I see today. I think in my relatively short time here on earth, I saw unity only from 9/11 to about spring of 2002. When the rhetoric for the Iraq war started to heat up, it was pretty much dead.