• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Voter Suppression

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Soliciting votes at polling places is illegal, and it should remain so. The water isn't the main problem, though.

Their law isn’t banning water or food while waiting in line. The Dems have been intentionally misleading their voters about this law 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Their law isn’t banning water or food while waiting in line. The Dems have been intentionally misleading their voters about this law 

This law is purposely designed to create long lines in urban areas.  The banning of food/water is just another thing they added to discourage people from staying in line.

Oh, you forgot to bring water on your rush to vote for the President of the United States? Well, that's too bad. The people bringing you water want to influence your vote. 

This is legitimately one of the most disturbing conversations I've had here. You guys legitimately think it's a bad idea for people to hand out water to people standing in line to vote. Maybe take a good look at yourselves. 

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Oh, you forgot to bring water on your rush to vote for the President of the United States? Well, that's too bad. The people bringing you water want to influence your vote. 

This is legitimately one of the most disturbing conversations I've had here. You guys legitimately think it's a bad idea for people to hand out water to people standing in line to vote. Maybe take a good look at yourselves. 

There are more votes than just for President of the United States.  There are a multitude of local elections, which are passed by very small margins.  Heck, a congressional race in Iowa was determined by 6 votes.  

So yes, handing out free shit at the ballots could affect voting.  

8 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

There are more votes than just for President of the United States.  There are a multitude of local elections, which are passed by very small margins.  Heck, a congressional race in Iowa was determined by 6 votes.  

So yes, handing out free shit at the ballots could affect voting.  

You got proof of that?

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

So you don't think people will vote for someone that gives them free shit?  If you need proof of that, then you are truly stupid.

Again, they are not being told who to vote for.  The people handing out water can't tell them it's being provided by a political party. 

12 minutes ago, Rico said:

Again, they are not being told who to vote for.  The people handing out water can't tell them it's being provided by a political party. 

If you believe that, then I'm sure you believe that instant replay will only be used for home runs.  

Again, doesn't even need to be a political party.  Just have to have a firetruck in front giving out free water.  Just so happens a raise for firemen is on the ballot.  Or hey free rides to your voting location.  Just so happens a proposition that affects rideshares is on the ballot.  They could even get around it by saying this water provided by party councilman so and so.  He isn't running this year so it's allowed.  But the party will be on there to get around parties not being able to do that.  And you know that judicial voting that no one knows who they are, well, I see this party on his name and they were nice to me, so I'll vote for him.  All it takes is a few changed votes to affect some of these elections.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

If you forgot to bring water then hit the 7-11 a block away. It's not like you had an appointed time. You are being stubbornly obtuse.