• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Voter Suppression

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

So the answer is to take away jobs, revenue and opportunities from a city that's 51% black and voted for Biden by 80%.  Punish the people of color.

Got it.

How many jobs do you think having a one day game creates? Do you think they don't use the same vendors and staff they do all year?

As for the draft, what is that referring to? The "Draft" where the commissioner announces draftees?

I think people will be fine with that going somewhere else.

The economic impact to a city hosting MLB All Star Game events over the last decade ranges from $60m to $191m.  Pulling that kind of revenue away from a city that's over 51% African American seems racist to me. 

But hey ... maybe they'll bring it to Anaheim!

(Narrator:  there's no way in hell it's coming to Anaheim) 

16 minutes ago, Spirit said:

So the answer is to take away jobs, revenue and opportunities from a city that's 51% black and voted for Biden by 80%.  Punish the people of color.

Got it.

Doing so while believing a lot misinformation about the actual law

13 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

How many jobs do you think having a one day game creates? Do you think they don't use the same vendors and staff they do all year?

As for the draft, what is that referring to? The "Draft" where the commissioner announces draftees?

I think people will be fine with that going somewhere else.

It's not just one day. There a bunch of other things that go along with it. 

11 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Like what?

I guess I can speak for the experience when it was in Anaheim but they had several days of activities at the convention center (it was packed too) and there was the Home Run Derby as well. It was a big deal for the city of Anaheim 

MLB All-Star FanFest: - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

Edited by Jason

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I genuinely hope this creates a bunch of REEEEEing and more "I'm done with baseball!" shit. 

I can already see a handful of people here having that exact reaction.

I do say that every year around June when the Angels are 15 games back in the division 

3 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Other than the Futures Game, the Home Run Derby, the Legends & Celebrity Softball Game and the ESPYs ... nothing much.

Again, all in a stadium that holds 81 games this year. 

Do they add staff to these events, if so, how much?

Also, what will the capacity be? Right now it's 50%.

Also also, why don't we look at the actual bill itself, which hurts black people far, far more than taking a baseball thing out of their city. This is classic "Look over there!"

45 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Again, all in a stadium that holds 81 games this year. 

Do they add staff to these events, if so, how much?

Also, what will the capacity be? Right now it's 50%.

Also also, why don't we look at the actual bill itself, which hurts black people far, far more than taking a baseball thing out of their city. This is classic "Look over there!"

Fact check: What the new Georgia elections law actually does - CNNPolitics

From a lefty source and I can't find how this suppresses anyone's vote. I think the ID requirements are even simple enough for black people (lol at government check). The dems are spreading a lot of disinformation about this for political reasons

Edited by Jason

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fact check: What the new Georgia elections law actually does - CNNPolitics

From a lefty source and I can't find how this suppresses anyone's vote. I think the ID requirements are even simple enough for black people. The dems are spreading a lot of disinformation about this for political reasons

I'm not seeing a whole lot of good things in there.

It would seem that the voter ID laws are acceptable. I do agree that if you are voting absentee and you can't provide the last 4 digits of your security number, or a bank statement, then yeah that's on the voter.

But the increased state power is not good. That gives the Republicans power to appoint whomever they want as an election official, and if they are doing anything remotely lib-y, they'll be replaced. You know that's going to happen.

The number of drop boxes will go down significantly. Fulton County goes from 38 to EIGHT. Guess what county has the largest amount of people in the state?

An added early voting day. That's a good thing. But the runoff period and campaign times have been shortened significantly. Hmm, I wonder why. 🤔

Absentee ballot deadlines have all been significantly tightened. Again, I wonder why.

The food and drink restriction is literally the dumbest and most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. That serves no purpose other than making voting in line more difficult. If you support this than fuck off.

So maybe it's not as drastically catastrophic as people are making it out to be, but it's still very bad and is clearly trying to restrict voting rights. This is clearly a partisan response to Georgia going blue.

38 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm not seeing a whole lot of good things in there.

It would seem that the voter ID laws are acceptable. I do agree that if you are voting absentee and you can't provide the last 4 digits of your security number, or a bank statement, then yeah that's on the voter.

But the increased state power is not good. That gives the Republicans power to appoint whomever they want as an election official, and if they are doing anything remotely lib-y, they'll be replaced. You know that's going to happen.

The number of drop boxes will go down significantly. Fulton County goes from 38 to EIGHT. Guess what county has the largest amount of people in the state?

An added early voting day. That's a good thing. But the runoff period and campaign times have been shortened significantly. Hmm, I wonder why. 🤔

Absentee ballot deadlines have all been significantly tightened. Again, I wonder why.

The food and drink restriction is literally the dumbest and most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. That serves no purpose other than making voting in line more difficult. If you support this than fuck off.

So maybe it's not as drastically catastrophic as people are making it out to be, but it's still very bad and is clearly trying to restrict voting rights. This is clearly a partisan response to Georgia going blue.

It's fair to criticize the bill and certain aspects of it but it's a flat out lie to say it's designed to suppress the blacks vote.  Reinforcing these lies is just a political tactic because they know most people will not bother to look more into the bill and will just listen to what they here the media, celebrities and democrat politicians say The drop boxes were because of pandemic issues and that is no longer needed but they are going to keep some anyways. I think there are compromises in there and it does secure the voting process a bit more which is not a bad thing. We don't need more people claiming fraud every time they lose an election. I agree with you on giving the current political party of power more control is not a good thing (with anything). 

Edited by Jason