• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Voter Suppression

5 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Better than than having to live next to this.

maxresdefault.jpg 

Good news though, it was such an eyesore that they did this.

Bye Bye, La Brea Avenue Dodger House

dodgers-house-1068x716.jpg 

Arias was adding to the mural as recently as March, when he painted a monarch butterfly alongside a likeness of Clayton Kershaw to symbolize “rebirth and new life.

BetterForcefulAruanas-max-1mb.gif

On 4/20/2021 at 12:45 PM, Kevin said:

Why do people keep comparing Southern Democrats to modern day ones? You know the small government, states rights democrats from the 1830s to about the 1960's aren't exactly in line with the present day ones. 

"Democrats were really the ones behind slavery, confederate monuments, etc."

"Okay, let's take down those monuments."

"No, that's our heritage and history!"

"So you're a democrat?"

Crickets

You do realize Sen Byrd didn't retire until 2010. Most every Dem serving today was a proud college and many spoke at his funeral. Many Confederate monuments were dedicated by the Gore and Pelosi family. Biden seemed pretty happy proclaiming Delaware was a slave state. Yes, a few dems left the party during the civil rights movement. However, the majority stayed put. I am from the south and the confederate flag was always on display well into the 90s at Dem functions. You can purchase your very own Clinton Gore 92  Confederate Flag campaign memorabilia  today. The Dem party has changed tactics but they haven't changed. The KKK has simply been replaced by BLM and Antifa. They were never about states rights. They were for slavery. Kinda like women's rights is code word for pro abortion.

15 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

You do realize Sen Byrd didn't retire until 2010. Most every Dem serving today was a proud college and many spoke at his funeral. Many Confederate monuments were dedicated by the Gore and Pelosi family. Biden seemed pretty happy proclaiming Delaware was a slave state. Yes, a few dems left the party during the civil rights movement. However, the majority stayed put. I am from the south and the confederate flag was always on display well into the 90s at Dem functions. You can purchase your very own Clinton Gore 92  Confederate Flag campaign memorabilia  today. The Dem party has changed tactics but they haven't changed. The KKK has simply been replaced by BLM and Antifa. They were never about states rights. They were for slavery. Kinda like women's rights is code word for pro abortion.

Yep and Byrd would be in the minority than the majority. And “some” left? I think that’s an understatement (I’m talking Southern Democrats). Strom Thurmond, John Connally, Mills Godwin to name a few.

Most white southern Democrats pretty much switched parties over a period of time because the conservative Democrat views and policies became more in line with Republicans than the liberal Democrats. It’s not surprising to see stuff with Clinton and Gore associated with the confederate flag. It might not seem like a big deal but that was almost thirty years ago and early 90’s Clinton is pretty conservative compared to today’s Democrats. And that’s probably how the last hold outs of Democrats in the south saw it.

The Republican Revolution in 1994 pretty much sealed the deal in the south.

I don’t say modern day conservatives are in favor of segregation, slavery and so forth because that’s not realistic and it is pretty dumb. Just as it’s dumb to equate it with the Democrat party of today. A Republican today in the south probably would identify more with a Democrat sixty or seventy years ago. It’s not a slight. It just is what it is.

We won’t agree but whatever. 

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

Yep and Byrd would be in the minority than the majority. And “some” left? I think that’s an understatement (I’m talking Southern Democrats). Strom Thurmond, John Connally, Mills Godwin to name a few.

Most white southern Democrats pretty much switched parties over a period of time because the conservative Democrat views and policies became more in line with Republicans than the liberal Democrats. It’s not surprising to see stuff with Clinton and Gore associated with the confederate flag. It might not seem like a big deal but that was almost thirty years ago and early 90’s Clinton is pretty conservative compared to today’s Democrats. And that’s probably how the last hold outs of Democrats in the south saw it.

The Republican Revolution in 1994 pretty much sealed the deal in the south.

I don’t say modern day conservatives are in favor of segregation, slavery and so forth because that’s not realistic and it is pretty dumb. Just as it’s dumb to equate it with the Democrat party of today. A Republican today in the south probably would identify more with a Democrat sixty or seventy years ago. It’s not a slight. It just is what it is.

We won’t agree but whatever. 

I know the switch theory is popular in the faculty  lounge but it isn't real world. There were a few big names that switched but don't discount the state and local dems. There were 10,000s of local leaders that stayed for years. Those dem leaders were card carrying klan members for years and no switch changed their opinions overnight

I believe in secure borders with legal immigration, small government, a balanced budget, etc. I could go on but I’ll save my time. I’m more of a moderate than anything else. I don’t always agree with everything that conservatives. 

Hope that helps Jay.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

You aren't an Angelswin conservative unless you make at least 100 posts in the BLM thread disparaging black people. I think you get a banner or something.

You aren't a conservative unless you post Branco cartoons and Tucker Carlson videos. 

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

I learned today that kc is more closely affiliated with Democrats than Republicans. Based off his idea that southern Democrats didn’t switch political affiliations. I always knew he was cock sucking lib.

Please list the Democrat legislative victories that have improved black lives. The poverty gap has increased since the so called switch despite dems controlling government the majority of the last 60 years. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

But you also have to call out Rico for posting tweets and do it without any sense of irony whatsoever.

You also have to call out Mainstream Media but then post 10 articles from foxnews.com a day. 

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

Please list the Democrat legislative victories that have improved black lives. The poverty gap has increased since the so called switch despite dems controlling government the majority of the last 60 years. 

I don’t care about Democrats. They are just like Republicans in the sense no politician really cares about the people which is why I don’t vote for any of them. But that’s not what we were discussing. Nice shift though. You would make Joe Maddon proud.

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

I don’t care about Democrats. They are just like Republicans in the sense no politician really cares about the people which is why I don’t vote for any of them. But that’s not what we were discussing. Nice shift though. You would make Joe Maddon proud.

No shift from me. You said they switched. I am asking for proof the Dems have attempted to improve black lives. If they truly went for the black man 60 years ago, they have done a piss poor job

5 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

No shift from me. You said they switched. I am asking for proof the Dems have attempted to improve black lives. If they truly went for the black man 60 years ago, they have done a piss poor job

In my original post, I mentioned how Democrats used to be the big advocates of small government states rights. Republicans (mostly all talk) are advocates of that now, a far cry from Lincoln’s Republican Party. Hence they have switched. 

Thanks for playing.

22 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

You aren't an Angelswin conservative unless you make at least 100 posts in the BLM thread disparaging black people. I think you get a banner or something.

To be fair, disparaging BLM should not be considered disparaging black people. BLM is political group/party so they’re fair game