• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Managerial announcement coming when?

disarcina

the front office has to have it's next manager in mind.

when will it be announced?

Day after World Series ends?

Eric Chavez, Brad Ausmus or someone else.

Two weeks ago, I would have said Brad Ausmus was pretty much selected.  Now, not so sure.

I think Halos nations would prefer Eric Chavez. 

Me -- I'd lean towards Ausmus. Not sure why.  I think we need a two year place-holder, essentially - and let Eric Chavez coach 3B for two years.

Omar Vizquel was one of my favorites during his playing days.

during the era of the great AL SS's --- Jeter, Nomar, Ripken etc. -- Omar Vizquel was my favorite and IMO the best glove of 'em all. I ranked him up there with the Wizard of Oz himself.

I went to a late season game during one of his final seasons (Playing with Texas then) just to see him play one more time. It was a meaningless game, he got into the game late, I think - and may have played second base (perhaps third).

I would be thrilled with Omar Vizquel as the next Halos manager - he does not have that much (if any) managerial experience -- but was a great team leader at SS and one of the best to play the game at that position (13 gold gloves ? Moved to NL and picked up two playing for SF -- I saw him play there).

I think Vizquel is HOF worthy but he probably won't get there -- if I had a vote, I'd cast one for him for the HOF........Vizquel manager and Simmons at SS for us?  That's a pretty good defense right there.

As Ozzie Smith showed (and Omar as well) -- taking away a run or three a game from the opposition is just as important as knocking two or three in with RBI base hits.

6 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

In depth answers and analysis like this are why I continue to visit AW.com

I’m here for you.   I guess my other answer would have been, I would prefer they take as long as they need to make the best decision and please don’t make rash decisions to make dudes on a message board happy.  

2 hours ago, disarcina said:

the front office has to have it's next manager in mind.

when will it be announced?

Day after World Series ends?

Eric Chavez, Brad Ausmus or someone else.

Two weeks ago, I would have said Brad Ausmus was pretty much selected.  Now, not so sure.

I think Halos nations would prefer Eric Chavez. 

Me -- I'd lean towards Ausmus. Not sure why.  I think we need a two year place-holder, essentially - and let Eric Chavez coach 3B for two years.

Why would they need a place holder? Do you think they are going to hire a manager and then fire that manager in 2 years?

2 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Given Eppler's preference for defense, it wouldn't surprise me to see a manager who was a good defender and thus, hopefully could develop better defenders.  Chavez and Vizquel make sense. 

Though ti does seem like a bit of a reach.

Are managers developing the players?