• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Managerial announcement coming when?

disarcina

1 hour ago, Lou said:

that's impossible. 

how dare you deprive the family of celebrating the birthday of Raul Gonzalez, Mexican 50K speed walker (world record).

racist. 

sounds like he should have been born on some regular average day, like april 11.

18 hours ago, disarcina said:

Omar Vizquel was one of my favorites during his playing days.

during the era of the great AL SS's --- Jeter, Nomar, Ripken etc. -- Omar Vizquel was my favorite and IMO the best glove of 'em all. I ranked him up there with the Wizard of Oz himself.

I went to a late season game during one of his final seasons (Playing with Texas then) just to see him play one more time. It was a meaningless game, he got into the game late, I think - and may have played second base (perhaps third).

I would be thrilled with Omar Vizquel as the next Halos manager - he does not have that much (if any) managerial experience -- but was a great team leader at SS and one of the best to play the game at that position (13 gold gloves ? Moved to NL and picked up two playing for SF -- I saw him play there).

I think Vizquel is HOF worthy but he probably won't get there -- if I had a vote, I'd cast one for him for the HOF........Vizquel manager and Simmons at SS for us?  That's a pretty good defense right there.

As Ozzie Smith showed (and Omar as well) -- taking away a run or three a game from the opposition is just as important as knocking two or three in with RBI base hits.

Omar Vizquel managed Venezuela in the WBC and the players didn’t like him. 

Surprised me too. 

I'm not so sure Hunter is the right person for coaching. He is more limelight than subserviant in personality. All teams the manager is the guy that talks to the press. I can't see Torii not wanting to get his two cents in where it would be best if he said nothing.

35 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I'm not so sure Hunter is the right person for coaching. He is more limelight than subserviant in personality. All teams the manager is the guy that talks to the press. I can't see Torii not wanting to get his two cents in where it would be best if he said nothing.

Racist

47 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I would love to somehow have Torii in our dugout going forward.  He's unlikely to be considered for manager at this point because if I remember correctly, he doesn't get on well with Albert.  Maybe as hitting coach or assistant hitting coach.  

What was the beef he had with Albert?

Carne asada, Sirloin, ribs??

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I would love to somehow have Torii in our dugout going forward.  He's unlikely to be considered for manager at this point because if I remember correctly, he doesn't get on well with Albert.  Maybe as hitting coach or assistant hitting coach.  

Torii would definitely get an interview if I were Eppler. Hitting coach or bench coach or for the Manager's gig honestly.

Didn't they have one big argument? Who cares? That's not that big of a deal. If they hated each other, then you'd have known about it. Getting into a heated argument in a players only meeting is not the same thing as hating each other.

2 hours ago, Hubs said:

Torii would definitely get an interview if I were Eppler. Hitting coach or bench coach or for the Manager's gig honestly.

Didn't they have one big argument? Who cares? That's not that big of a deal. If they hated each other, then you'd have known about it. Getting into a heated argument in a players only meeting is not the same thing as hating each other.

I think Hunter's statement that black Dominican players are "imposters" might prove to be a bigger problem than a squabble with Pujols.