• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Election Thread

12 hours ago, Tank said:

prop 6 is a repeal of the gas tax and increased car registration fee that brown rammed through the state legislature. i'm absolutely voting yes on it.

I would have voted yes before seeing it but the pamphlet they sent out clarifying what a yes/no vote meant said keeping the gas tax would help fund the high speed rail.  Yeah I want to pay more in taxes that can be mismanaged while also help paying for that boondoggle.  

5 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I would have voted yes before seeing it but the pamphlet they sent out clarifying what a yes/no vote meant said keeping the gas tax would help fund the high speed rail.  Yeah I want to pay more in taxes that can be mismanaged while also help paying for that boondoggle.  

There is a lot more shady than just the high speed rail.  If I remember right, 25% goes to patrol the roads.  I.E. its going to be used to pay the Highway Patrol Pensions.  Nothing in it said more CHP officers.  Just said going to that group.  I think another 25% was going to another underfunded pension, I think Cal Trans.  Not saying it's going to fund for work done by Cal Trans or more hiring by Cal Trans, just going to Cal Trans.  Why do you think the Highway Patrol/police union is so against Prop 6?  Also the wording on it was the remainder could go to transportation projects.  As you pointed out, the Crazy Train is a transportation project.  Same with the rail projects, which they are saying this would cancel.  And yet last year we passed a billion dollar bill to fund those same rail projects.  And they are talking about projects like bridges and connectors.  Key word here is projects.  They are going to use these funds to reward those areas that are compliant in furthering the ruling governments agenda, and not have projects in those areas where there is pushback.  

And guess what.  Not one mention of why some people would even want this tax, to fix our damn potholes that are ever growing.  

I have no doubts it's as shady as you pointed out.  Kind of like in 2012 when they were screaming think of the kids and people voted to raise taxes on higher earners.  The fine print it said a certain amount went to the general fund where it doesn't have to be spent on education and can be used for pet projects.  That's why I don't support giving the state or feds any more tax revenue.  Instead of figuring out how to squeeze more money out of taxpayers our elected officials should actually work with what they have and be responsible with it but obviously that's asking too much.

Tonight will be interesting. Our Governor, Brian Sandoval,  is out due to term limits. He has not endorsed Adam Laxalt, his party's candidate for the office and the current Attorney General. We have U. S. Senator Dean Heller up for re-election who caved in to Trump and voted to repeal the ACA after publicly stating that he could not support legislation that would remove insurance from thousands of Nevadans. One of the Bundy nutbags is an independent candidate for governor. Then there is Danny Tarkanian, rejected by voters five times in trying to go to Washington, running for Congress again.

I'm sure that at least most of the state questions will fail, because people tend to vote no. The most contested is Question 3, which would deregulate electricity in the state. NV Energy has spent over $60 million trying to defeat it, to preserve their monopoly. I fear that too many voters have bought into the false analogies put forth on the no side.

Always remember this:

Image may contain: 1 person, text

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Hannity actually campaigns with Trump.  He should be fired immediately but won't be.  Fox is a joke.

What is a joke is it being called Fox NEWS. What they do isn't news. it's a 24-hour political opinion network.

Found this on Facebook, and it sums everything up.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

2 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

What is a joke is it being called Fox NEWS. What they do isn't news. it's a 24-hour political opinion network.

Found this on Facebook, and it sums everything up.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

I dunno. They're both pretty similar:

On Christmas Eve, I'm up til about 2 AM getting everything prepped. 

The night before a colonoscopy... 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

After calling for a do over in the election, Stacey Abrams has finally acknowledged she lost the Georgia governor's race.

Had a bit of a temper tantrum while she was at it.

https://politics.myajc.com/blog/politics/stacey-abrams-make-first-public-remarks-since-election-night/Fgte7b5Zo6bILeyuBn7z8K/

I'd be fired up too if I lost because of undeniable, transparent voter suppression against African-Americans.

28 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I can't believe that the residence of Georgia and California would put up with the voter suppression tactics put in place by the ruling parties of both states.

But, you know they will.

I can't believe that you made a post with this kind of structure. I'm gobsmacked.

• 2 weeks later...