• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Election Thread

10 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

The way they’ve gerrymandered Texas I doubt that we’ll see a Democrat win any statewide election anytime in the near to mid term.  This is as good a shot as they have.  If they can’t beat Cruz they’ll never beat anyone. 

At the rate that my people reproduce, Texas will eventually be Blue.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2018 at 10:23 AM, Tank said:

we are 9 days from the election and i have yet to see any kind of ads for John Cox, Republican Gov. candidate. Not quite sure of his strategy, and i'm not an advertising expert, but this doesn't seem like an effective strategy.

There have been very few ads period for any of the candidates. Almost every ad I've seen is for the dialysis or rent control propositions. There's also Vin Scully urging voters to support childrens hospitals. 

I think I've seen a total of two Gavin Newsom ads. 

i've seen the newsom ads at least twenty times. he probably isn't being more aggressive because cox isn't doing much to get his name out there or what he stands for. cox seems to be treating this as a lost cause and it's not worth much bother.

that being said, i FINALLY saw an ad for him on tv last night, but it was after 11 so not even in prime time. this strategy is idiotic.

On 10/28/2018 at 10:23 AM, Tank said:

we are 9 days from the election and i have yet to see any kind of ads for John Cox, Republican Gov. candidate. Not quite sure of his strategy, and i'm not an advertising expert, but this doesn't seem like an effective strategy.

I've seen an ad about a dozen times featuring a Hispanic-looking woman who recounts all the problems in California: rising gas prices, friends and family moving out of state, traffic, rising taxes. The zinger at the end: "Gavin Newsom, this happened on your watch. Time for someone new" with the "John Cox for Governor" text overlaid.

I actually haven't seen any pro-Newsom ads, but I've gotten several annoying text messages from his campaign. How did they get my number? I'm a registered "No Party Affiliation."

On 11/2/2018 at 9:41 AM, Taylor said:

I've seen an ad about a dozen times featuring a Hispanic-looking woman who recounts all the problems in California: rising gas prices, friends and family moving out of state, traffic, rising taxes. The zinger at the end: "Gavin Newsom, this happened on your watch. Time for someone new" with the "John Cox for Governor" text overlaid.

I actually haven't seen any pro-Newsom ads, but I've gotten several annoying text messages from his campaign. How did they get my number? I'm a registered "No Party Affiliation."

That's the only cox ad I've seen, and I've seen it only once. It's a good ad. They should be playing it repeatedly in the next 72 hours.

The newsome ad has been the same one each time, showing a bus driving around. Talks about equality mostly.

5 hours ago, calscuf said:

He wasn’t particularly good.

Things were kind of shitty economically and people wanted to blame it on someone else, other than that they might just be shitty themselves.

Darrell Issa bankrolled the recall movement.

We had a Terminator ready to take over.

I remember Issa crying like a little bitch after Arnold entered the race, because he (Issa) wanted to be governor.  

All that money down the drain.

17 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

He shouldn't have tripled the car registration fees. That was a bad joke on the taxpayers and it cost him his job.

Oh ya, is that what it was ! ? What a noble cause. 

Davis was recalled because there was a perfect storm of problems, almost all of which were outside of his control and Darrell Issa poisoning the system with his money.  Oh, and a popular Austrian action star decided he wanted to be governor.  

Like 2 years before Davis had massive approval ratings and had just won a landslide victory to his 2nd term.  The whole thing was bullshit. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

He tripled the car tax and people suddenly looked at $700 bills to register their vehicles. I recall that was the main issue. 

Missmanagement of the electrical grid that caused prices to soar because he was buying power from other states that wasn't needed then funding new plants that should have not come out of taxpayer money. He was an incompetent stooge.