• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Election Thread

Your one stop thread for 2018 Election match-ups, candidates, predictions, amendments, ramifications and so on. 

It's not just the thread you want, it's the thread you need!  Because as all the cable news hairdos will be telling you over the next month, "this is the most important election of our lives!!!"

Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 8.14.00 AM.png

No on anything that will raise bonds and or taxes.  No on anyone non business, ie democrat that just wants to spend more.  And for gods sake yes on 6.  For those stupid enough that want to vote no.  July 1, 2019.  There will be a 17.3 cent additional tax increase on a gallon of gas that is part of the fix the road dumbshits grand plan of building their crazy train.  

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article147437054.html

Taxes and fees

Gas taxes

Existing: The base excise tax is 18 cents a gallon. A price-based excise tax is currently set at 9.8 cents a gallon, for a total rate of 27.8 cents a gallon.

Nov. 1, 2017: The base excise tax will increase to 30 cents a gallon.

July 1, 2019: The price-based excise tax will reset to 17.3 cents a gallon, about half-a-cent more than the rate the Brown administration projects will be in effect by then anyway.

The 47.3-cent combined excise tax in effect July 1, 2019 will be adjusted for inflation beginning July 1, 2020.

What gotbeer said.  Does anyone else love the fact that they have to send out flyers to clarify what yes/no votes mean for some of these?  The flyer clarifying a yes/no vote on the gas tax said one of the reasons to keep it is to support the HSR.  Considering I voted against that the first time around I sure as hell don't support paying more in gas taxes to support that boondoggle.  I'm sure the good voters of the state will find a way to pass something that further screws the state over financially.     

The promotional campaign surrounding prop 8 has me confused. I have no idea what the proposition is about but all the ads on tv and radio tell me that if I want to save dialysis patients from dieing, I'd better vote against it.

my question is this: why is there even a state proposition that would affect dialysis? And why wouldn't your health insurance cover it anyway?

41 minutes ago, Tank said:

The promotional campaign surrounding prop 8 has me confused. I have no idea what the proposition is about but all the ads on tv and radio tell me that if I want to save dialysis patients from dieing, I'd better vote against it.

my question is this: why is there even a state proposition that would affect dialysis? And why wouldn't your health insurance cover it anyway?

According to my sister in law who runs dialysis centers prop 8 is being pushed by unions and groups who are trying to unionize the workers at the centers.  Over the last few years she's had to deal with multiple threats of walk outs and more than one case where people tried to sabotage work to further their cause.  No joke they caught a worker doing something that could have cost a patient their life and they were doing it in a way to try and make the center look bad while furthering their cause.  Obviously that's an extreme one-off but it speaks to the lengths some people will try and go to. 

People on dialysis obviously do it with some kind of frequency and how often/when depends on the person while people go at all different times of the day as some of the centers are open 24 hours a day to meet the needs of the patients.  Like all walks of life when it comes to dealing with people they've got patients who are set in their ways and if they go at 2am they only want to go then.  That's not a reason to keep a center open all night but based on what we've heard the demand is there and the process can take a few hours for some people.  From what I've been told this really would make it harder to keep some of these places open and it's going to cost taxpayers a lot.  That said take it for what it's worth because there's possibly someone on here on the other side who disagrees with some or all of what I've been told.     

29 minutes ago, Tank said:

I read the details about it this morning, and I'm inclined to vote no. The proposition would regulate how much dialysis centers can charge insurance companies, but it seems like it would create a lot of loopholes that would actually allow dialysis centers to increase how much they charge. And the theoretical savings would get passed on to insurance companies, not patients.