• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official "Official 2018 World Series Thread"

m0nkey

13 hours ago, Tank said:

During the WS, local reporters are absolute clowns. Their amount of knowledge about baseball, let alone the Dodgers, could fit in a thimble, and their homerism is completely off the charts. I don't know how you'd measure, but I'm certain it'd set some kind of record for collective ignorance.

Agreed, especially the homer part you have a bunch of entertainment reporters that get sent to interview players....wearing their fresh off the sales rack jersey. 

They have little more than passing fan interest, but are suddenly diehards, using phrases like "our boys in blue".

They also have no clue about how bullpens work.

3 hours ago, yk9001 said:

@ten ocho recon scout, I can't find your quotes about Liz Habib, but I've seen her do Rams postgame shows, and I think there is very good to excellent.  I was surprised at the shit talking.  I didn't see any specific examples - why do you think she was so bad?

I watched very little of the post game stuff, except to marvel at Garvey's shoe-polish black hair.  I do know they kept her out there, live, for a long long time.  Not easy to never stumble doing that much live tv.

From the two nights I watched her, she consistently gave too much credit to the dodgers. Which made it roberts' fault, and never accepting that simply boston was the better team.

Garvey (fake hair and all) had to cut her off a few times (which wasnt close to how often she cut him off), and told her boston was better and kept mentioning they had the better mentality.

Garvey himself mentioned it would have been a sweep if kinsler fielded the ball cleanly, and mentioned the puig home run wouldnt have happened if the red sox completed that double play.

Then she would cut him off and kept going back to roberts' bullpen management (fair enough), to which garvey reminded her that bostons pitching still shut the dodgers bats down.

Thats some stupid fans tweet. I had to save it because of the steve harvey reference. But twitter was going off on her for the same things I was seeing. She was coming off as the informed fan when it was obvious shes an outsider. And like i said, the part where she got upset that one of the players in the clubhouse didnt want to talk to reporters 5 mins after the game ended was clueless, IMO

Screenshot_20181027-224136_Chrome.jpg

And by the way, as much as i credit steve garvey to telling it like it is, i still think that guys a tool.

He mentioned last night, word for word "you know how much i love the fans, theyre the wind beneath my wings." Lol... ive "met" him twice. I was with people a lot more relevant to today than his dodger history. Both times, i watched him completely blow off a fan who tried to say hello to him.....and they were the only ones who noticed him in the group.

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Except when Darvish starts the second inning of game 7 a year ago, and goes walk, double, ground out, ground out.  And THEN gives up the homer.  Roberts gave him a chance to work it out, then Roberts got crap for that, too.

Every postseason is just an exercise in fans saying, "you know that thing the manager did, that wasn't successful?  He should have done the opposite."

I think there is a big difference between pulling Hill/Ryu when they're dealing, and not taking out Darvish after he is getting bombed from the first pitch of the game...

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

He's a Dodger homer but a pretty nice person.   I like retired Lasorda more than manager Lasorda.

He is a nice person. Met him a few times as a kid, at the grocery store of all places. He was there all the time. Always buying italian bread. No BS. A few friends lived in his neighborhood and he was always very cool about talking to kids.

Maybe 15 years ago or so i met him and talked baseball for a bit. He was very down to earth and didnt seem rushed, just liked talking baseball like we do.

One of my partners lives a few doors down from him now. FWIW, lasorda still lives in like a 1400 square foot house, that would probably sell today for about $600K. For those outside of socal, thats a shack.

4 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Angel fans are like the homely girls who go without a date to the homecoming dance, stay in the corner the whole night, and talk shit about the homecoming queen when she takes her spotlight dance.

The only even remote thing we have in common is that we have the same name as a team that has been to two straight world series.

This message was brought to you by

image.jpeg

32 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

From the two nights I watched her, she consistently gave too much credit to the dodgers. Which made it roberts' fault, and never accepting that simply boston was the better team.

Garvey (fake hair and all) had to cut her off a few times (which wasnt close to how often she cut him off), and told her boston was better and kept mentioning they had the better mentality.

Garvey himself mentioned it would have been a sweep if kinsler fielded the ball cleanly, and mentioned the puig home run wouldnt have happened if the red sox completed that double play.

Then she would cut him off and kept going back to roberts' bullpen management (fair enough), to which garvey reminded her that bostons pitching still shut the dodgers bats down.

Thats some stupid fans tweet. I had to save it because of the steve harvey reference. But twitter was going off on her for the same things I was seeing. She was coming off as the informed fan when it was obvious shes an outsider. And like i said, the part where she got upset that one of the players in the clubhouse didnt want to talk to reporters 5 mins after the game ended was clueless, IMO

Screenshot_20181027-224136_Chrome.jpg

That sounds like some post game tv worth watching!  
Like I've said, ive only seen her on rams post game, and she carries it pretty well.

9 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

That sounds like some post game tv worth watching!  
Like I've said, ive only seen her on rams post game, and she carries it pretty well.

Its pretty standard that some pretty tv personality reports sports. And generally they arent nerd fans like us, so I really wouldnt even notice it if she was just some regular fan and even a homer.

But she was speaking as this authority type. Not only in her critique, but how much she kept cutting off garvey and almost arguing with him.

Put it this way, alex curry is a homer. Picture her cutting off tim salmon, repeatedly, and arguing with him.

Garvey is pretty full of himself, but i have to credit him for being as patient as he could before he finally starting to tell her she was wrong...about everything.

And i have to mention it one more time. When the other reporter mentioned the "cockroach" thing, seeing her get all fired up, kind of in a "how dare they", and suggesting reporters are entitled to be there because, well, theyre reporting...had to roll my eyes.

Im sure jeff fletcher wouldnt want to be called a cockroach. But im sure hed also know that trying to interview a clubhouse when theyre pissed would likely come with some blowback from the players.

Also, lol....i had to chuckle when she and the other fox reporters started every segment with "tonight wasnt the kershaw we know."

Its exactly the kershaw you know in october.

Now all the talk is whether or not he stays. I think hed be an idiot to leave. If he went to texas or houston i get it, hes from there. But he wont get paid more than his current contract. And with his october rep, i dont know that other teams would be as forgiving if they pay him big and he stumbles in big games.

8 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

.i had to chuckle when she and the other fox reporters started every segment with "tonight wasnt the kershaw we know."

haha, that's pretty funny.

I turned on the tv this morning while getting dressed at 5:00 am, and the tv was still on channel 11.  A very attractive young Armenian woman, and older african american man, and an asian weather 'girl' couldn't throw in enough 'go dodgers', and talk about how they love the dodgers.

If I knew their names, I'd look them up and see if they are actually from LA.

1 minute ago, yk9001 said:

haha, that's pretty funny.

I turned on the tv this morning while getting dressed at 5:00 am, and the tv was still on channel 11.  A very attractive young Armenian woman, and older african american man, and an asian weather 'girl' couldn't throw in enough 'go dodgers', and talk about how they love the dodgers.

If I knew their names, I'd look them up and see if they are actually from LA.

Lol, that was one of my first thoughts on the local reporters. So many of them move around the country and take new jobs with networks....you have to wonder who "their" team is.

Steve Garvey is, and always has been, a total douche. It was the "Steve and Cindy-All American Couple" act that really started my life long distaste for that organization. (Hatred is such an over the top phrase)

Lasorda comes in a close second, never could stand that blowhard. I once wound up next to him at a hotel bar in Chicago ( I was there first) I got up and walked away before I said anything I'd regret.

Doyer "fans" should be f'n totally embarrassed at the multitude of Sux fans that were able to wrestle seats in the latrine for a WS game.   I bet there were at least 20K red wearing dickheads there for the post game presentations etc. What a bunch of lame asses.

8 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Angel fans are like the homely girls who go without a date to the homecoming dance, stay in the corner the whole night, and talk shit about the homecoming queen when she takes her spotlight dance.

The only even remote thing we have in common is that we have the same name as a team that has been to two straight world series.

that and the more recent world series championship.

although i do agree with your sentiment that fans, in general, are haters. personally, i don't dislike any franchise. although i do like some more than others.

51 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Steve Garvey is, and always has been, a total douche. It was the "Steve and Cindy-All American Couple" act that really started my life long distaste for that organization. (Hatred is such an over the top phrase)

Lasorda comes in a close second, never could stand that blowhard. I once wound up next to him at a hotel bar in Chicago ( I was there first) I got up and walked away before I said anything I'd regret.

i always liked garvey, but one of the things that stands out in my memory of him is before the '81 WS (at least i think think that's when it was). he told the reporter that he and his wife didn't have sex the night before big games. something about it being exhausting  and wearing a guy out for the next day. that always struck me as really odd and made me question whether or not i wasn't doing everything the way i should be if this guy was still feeling the effects a day later.

never was bothered by lasorda early on. kind of appreciated his whole "bleeding dodger blue" schtick. but as he got older, he got crankier. a few years ago, there were several dodgers at hollywood bowl for a summer concert on july 4. tommy came up to speak at some point and just turned into a gigantic doosh nozzle. he went on and on about how the only angels in heaven are not from anaheim and was talking smack about the halos with every breath. the crowd loved it but it made him look like a bitter old man who couldn't stand the competitive success of the halos. i have no interest in hearing from him again, on tv or otherwise.

i also heard his restaurant in pasadena sucked.

11 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Except when Darvish starts the second inning of game 7 a year ago, and goes walk, double, ground out, ground out.  And THEN gives up the homer.  Roberts gave him a chance to work it out, then Roberts got crap for that, too.

Every postseason is just an exercise in fans saying, "you know that thing the manager did, that wasn't successful?  He should have done the opposite."

So you are saying the manager doesn't matter?

30 minutes ago, Tank said:

i always liked garvey, but one of the things that stands out in my memory of him is before the '81 WS (at least i think think that's when it was). he told the reporter that he and his wife didn't have sex the night before big games. something about it being exhausting  and wearing a guy out for the next day. that always struck me as really odd and made me question whether or not i wasn't doing everything the way i should be if this guy was still feeling the effects a day later.

never was bothered by lasorda early on. kind of appreciated his whole "bleeding dodger blue" schtick. but as he got older, he got crankier. a few years ago, there were several dodgers at hollywood bowl for a summer concert on july 4. tommy came up to speak at some point and just turned into a gigantic doosh nozzle. he went on and on about how the only angels in heaven are not from anaheim and was talking smack about the halos with every breath. the crowd loved it but it made him look like a bitter old man who couldn't stand the competitive success of the halos. i have no interest in hearing from him again, on tv or otherwise.

i also heard his restaurant in pasadena sucked.

Kind of my take on the dodgers and fans (reference the lasorda smack talk). Ive been to a million angel games in my life, and a tenth the amount of dodger games. Ive never heard the angels org diss the dodgers, but have heard it a handful of times at dodger games (like when old players gave a speech).

Nothing more than pg trash talk, but thats what some of the posters on here dont get. Angel and dodger fans will always be rivals, same as met and yankee fans. The team history may not be the same as league rivals, but theyre still neighborhood rivals.

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

And by the way, as much as i credit steve garvey to telling it like it is, i still think that guys a tool.

He mentioned last night, word for word "you know how much i love the fans, theyre the wind beneath my wings." Lol... ive "met" him twice. I was with people a lot more relevant to today than his dodger history. Both times, i watched him completely blow off a fan who tried to say hello to him.....and they were the only ones who noticed him in the group.

I'm sure that Cindy (formerly Garvey) has some interesting comments about him.

12 hours ago, yk9001 said:

This is exactly what AngelsWin does from the end of February until the end of October, every single day.

16 hours ago, Tank said:

that always struck me as really odd and made me question whether or not i wasn't doing everything the way i should be if this guy was still feeling the effects a day later.

Tank, it's pretty obvious you weren't but thanks to the revolutionary product Extenze you can get back that Dodger Blue Balls greatness that's been missing in your love life. 

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

Tank, it's pretty obvious you weren't but thanks to the revolutionary product Extenze you can get back that Dodger Blue Balls greatness that's been missing in your love life. 

thanks, buddy. that was response was right smack in the feels.