• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official "Official 2018 World Series Thread"

m0nkey

8 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Why doesn't this asswipe get banned from this site?

For nothing else, it should be for sheer stupidity.

You cant get mad at troll daddy for that comment. Hes just excited. That instagram post called his name. I mean, a scenario where BOTH the red sox and dodgers won the world series and got rings? Too good to be true!

Ok, you missunderstood. That whole being more of an asswipe thing wasn't a challenge, it was a rhetorical question. 

You bitch about Trolldaddy posts but they are baseball related and just plain fan foddder. Nothing insulting about them, not targeted to inflame anyone but every time he posts you guys loose your shit like a bunch of safe space millennials told you have to get a job and move out of the house.

It's a collective you problem. Not him. He likes baseball, all levels of baseball and all levels of competition. While you whine how you won't watch the Yankees vs Red Sox because of super fandom, he and many of the rest of us did because it was the last games of the season and then we've got nothing left but @ettin and @Dochalo using calculus to tell us why player x is more valuable than player y on the second Thursday of each month so that's why we can trade Trout. 

28 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Ok, you missunderstood. That whole being more of an asswipe thing wasn't a challenge, it was a rhetorical question. 

You bitch about Trolldaddy posts but they are baseball related and just plain fan foddder. Nothing insulting about them, not targeted to inflame anyone but every time he posts you guys loose your shit like a bunch of safe space millennials told you have to get a job and move out of the house.

It's a collective you problem. Not him. He likes baseball, all levels of baseball and all levels of competition. While you whine how you won't watch the Yankees vs Red Sox because of super fandom, he and many of the rest of us did because it was the last games of the season and then we've got nothing left but @ettin and @Dochalo using calculus to tell us why player x is more valuable than player y on the second Thursday of each month so that's why we can trade Trout. 

I get all that.

For all Angelswin posters above the age of 12, however, I expect a modicum of mental acuity, and not repost incredibly dumb, fake social media stuff.

Maybe I am asking too much.

31 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I usually start my Primer Series on Monday's but now I am going to go cry in a corner with my abacus and printed spreadsheets of my calculus and suck my thumb. *sniff*

The biggest revelation for me during this year's playoffs was how many Angels Win members are fans of the Angels only. Not baseball. I find that simply incredible. It seems to be the majority around here.

It's like saying if you cant have Domino's pizza, you dont eat pizza. Or if you cant have an In-N-Out burger, you refuse to eat a burger (with one obvious exception, on this board). 

What else, guys? You only drink one beer or tequila? Only look at your wife/GF? Only drive Toyotas? Only watch movies with Avenger characters? Only read fiction? Only use Charmin in the john?

It's like some kind of weird gang-affiliation mentality.

If Mike Trout leaves the Angels, you will write him out of your lives as some kind of turncoat?

Baseball is beautiful. Players come and go, but baseball remains beautiful, despite it's relatively minor flaws.

I think there is great beauty in watching great players like Trout, Betts, Benintendi, Altuve, Bregman, Turner, etc, that transcends team allegiance. 

18 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

The biggest revelation for me during this year's playoffs was how many Angels Win members are fans of the Angels only. Not baseball. I find that simply incredible. It seems to be the majority around here.

It's like saying if you cant have Domino's pizza, you dont eat pizza. Or if you cant have an In-N-Out burger, you refuse to eat a burger (with one obvious exception, on this board). 

What else, guys? You only drink one beer or tequila? Only look at your wife/GF? Only drive Toyotas? Only watch movies with Avenger characters? Only read fiction? Only use Charmin in the john?

If Mike Trout leaves the Angels, you will write him out of your lives as some kind of turncoat?

Baseball is beautiful. Players come and go, but baseball remains beautiful, despite it's relatively minor flaws.

I think there is great beauty in watching great players like Trout, Betts, Benintendi, Altuve, Bregman, Turner, etc, that transcends team allegiance. 

I'm barely motivated to even watch an Angels baseball game, let alone two teams I don't like.

I'm not wasting four hours watching guys adjust their batting gloves for 40 seconds between pitches.  Then probably strike out.

When I was young, I'd stay in my basement for hours, *listening* to games on the radio.

My relationship with baseball is like a 20 year marriage that is hanging by a thread.  Not looking good in the long term.

I'm at Angelswin.com for the lols, and the arguments.  And the Amber Alerts.  And the recipes.  Not the baseball.

Apparently I'm not the only one.

29 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I'm barely motivated to even watch an Angels baseball game, let alone two teams I don't like.

I'm not wasting four hours watching guys adjust their batting gloves for 40 seconds between pitches.  Then probably strike out.

When I was young, I'd stay in my basement for hours, *listening* to games on the radio.

My relationship with baseball is like a 20 year marriage that is hanging by a thread.  Not looking good in the long term.

I'm at Angelswin.com for the lols, and the arguments.  And the Amber Alerts.  And the recipes.  Not the baseball.

Apparently I'm not the only one.

Well, that's incredibly apparent.

And taking the time to call people asswipes. Dont forget that bucket list item of yours.

Regarding "asswipe" - I consider this a big boy site.  I've been called a lot, and called people a lot.  None of it has ever bothered me a bit.

But troll daddy doesn't participate in that stuff, and didn't deserve the asswipe comment.  I apologize, Troll Daddy, and thank you Weather Wonk for pointing it out.

I guess I am old school, but civility and publicly acknowledging having misgivings about what one writes, are big to me. And rather rare around here, unfortunately. That, and the lack of true baseball fans here, has me on the verge of bailing on this site. 

I guess I have six months to figure it out.

6 hours ago, ettin said:

I usually start my Primer Series on Monday's but now I am going to go cry in a corner with my abacus and printed spreadsheets of my calculus and suck my thumb. *sniff*

wow, you're weak.

hike up your skirt and try it again, sally. we need you every monday.

7 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

I eat burgers from other places all the time.  Or at least I did until the last few months.