• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official "Official 2018 World Series Thread"

m0nkey

1 hour ago, Tank said:

does roberts survive this? if the higher ups are the ones pulling his strings, it hardly seems fair or right to make him the fall guy for their decisions when they don't work.

kershaw said he's got three days to make a decision. nothing to report tonight.

bellinger needs to learn to hit lefties in october. ignoring his NLCS MVP, he's been awful in two playoff seasons.

the dodgers have a lot of talent, but there's something missing. no idea what it is but if they want to win, they need to figure it out.

I hope they never do.

9 hours ago, ScottT said:

Probability.  I'm not amazed. Why would the Dodgers change their approach suddenly?

I said "amazed" - but I should have said "dumbfounded."  The post season is very different from the regular season.  The Red Sox changed their approach... they used Eovaldi out of the bullpen.  Even the Dodgers actually modified their approach and started Muncy. Why not Bellinger? Perhaps the outcome would have been different.  All I know is that their "plan" didn't work and I'm suggesting they should have done something different. 

In the end, the best team won and perhaps there wasn't anything the Dodgers could have done.

11 hours ago, Lou said:

image.jpeg

Angel fans are like the homely girls who go without a date to the homecoming dance, stay in the corner the whole night, and talk shit about the homecoming queen when she takes her spotlight dance.

The only even remote thing we have in common is that we have the same name as a team that has been to two straight world series.

@ten ocho recon scout, I can't find your quotes about Liz Habib, but I've seen her do Rams postgame shows, and I think there is very good to excellent.  I was surprised at the shit talking.  I didn't see any specific examples - why do you think she was so bad?

I watched very little of the post game stuff, except to marvel at Garvey's shoe-polish black hair.  I do know they kept her out there, live, for a long long time.  Not easy to never stumble doing that much live tv.

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

Angel fans are like the homely girls who go without a date to the homecoming dance, stay in the corner the whole night, and talk shit about the homecoming queen when she takes her spotlight dance.

The only even remote thing we have in common is that we have the same name as a team that has been to two straight world series.

The homecoming queen wins. 

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

Meh it’s all good fun. The only thing over the line is the shit said about Lasorda 

8 hours ago, failos said:

Sosh 4 Doyyers manager? What do you guys think

if roberts is controlled by people in the front office who tell every move to make, how do you think that's going to go over with someone as independent (and possibly as headstrong) as scioscia? does he seem like the kind of guy to you who won't run his own program?

honestly, the continued dialogue of sosh being a dodger in angels clothing has run it's course. it's very, very tired course.

7 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Roberts won’t be fired. He just needs to stop overmanaging so much. That’s the difference between him and Cora. Cora gives his pitchers a chance to work out of a tad bit of adversity, and Roberts pulls them after one walk

Except when Darvish starts the second inning of game 7 a year ago, and goes walk, double, ground out, ground out.  And THEN gives up the homer.  Roberts gave him a chance to work it out, then Roberts got crap for that, too.

Every postseason is just an exercise in fans saying, "you know that thing the manager did, that wasn't successful?  He should have done the opposite."

Lasorda used to live in Fullerton when he was managing the Dodgers off of Orangethorpe and Euclid about two blocks from where my wife grew up. The Rams used to have that golf cart helmet and Lasorda got it during their off days and would drive to the shopping center to pick up groceries in it. It was the ultimate look at me. 

3 hours ago, True Grich said:

I said "amazed" - but I should have said "dumbfounded."  The post season is very different from the regular season.  The Red Sox changed their approach... they used Eovaldi out of the bullpen.  Even the Dodgers actually modified their approach and started Muncy. Why not Bellinger? Perhaps the outcome would have been different.  All I know is that their "plan" didn't work and I'm suggesting they should have done something different. 

In the end, the best team won and perhaps there wasn't anything the Dodgers could have done.

Muncy hits LHP better than Bellinger.  200+ ops points better.

41 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Muncy hits LHP better than Bellinger.  200+ ops points better.

Then why did he not start the first two games?  I think you're missing my point. 

No matter what you say, I'm going to remain dumbfounded that Bellinger didn't play more.  He's not good off the bench.  He was 0-16 in a pinch hitting role this past season.  He needs to be in there the whole game and not late in the game when guys are coming in throwing 100 mph.  That's just my opinion.  You can defend their decision to leave Bellinger out all you want - the bottom line is it didn't work out in the end.