• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Billy Eppler begins search for next Angels manager

4 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I am amused by anyone who has an opinion on who the next manager should be. 

The discussion brings out each person's view of how the club should be run. The basis of the message board. Not just react to events but look forward. It may be from a limited knowledge base but every decision made in this game is, even from the top level.

35 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The discussion brings out each person's view of how the club should be run. The basis of the message board. Not just react to events but look forward. It may be from a limited knowledge base but every decision made in this game is, even from the top level.

You have to be joking. The top level's knowledge base is light years ahead of that which  you find on a message board.

4 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

We have all been told over and over again by the superfans that batting Pujols 3/4 came from the top, it wasn't just Scioscia being stubborn. Looks like that theory was just destroyed 

I am the biggest super fan on here and I never once said Albert batting 3rd or 4th had anything to do with the GM or Arte.  It was a bunch of blowhards that pretended it was written into his contract that I remember.  So it looks like your theory of superfans saying this was destroyed, again.  I applaud you for being yourself and being wrong but keep on coming back for more.  

16 hours ago, Lou said:

You have to be joking. The top level's knowledge base is light years ahead of that which  you find on a message board.

I'm not kidding by saying that discrediting fans is like the Soup Nazi banishing customers. Mike said that baseball was all about the players.  I disagree.  It is all about the fans.  If fans go away, the game goes away.  To tell fanatics that their fanaticism is amusing can cause people to stop reading the OCR.

17 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I am amused by anyone who has an opinion on who the next manager should be. 

Well, we are here for your amusement.

Seriously, I don't think it's unusual for fans to voice an opinion on who the next manager should be.  It might be strange if the choice of manager has never managed before, but we certainly can have opinions on a pool of candidates who have managed before.

We also have things we want in a manager.  Personally, I don't like guys who make it all about themselves and tend to always be in the spotlight.