• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal: The Angels don’t want to trade Mike Trout — so they need to make him an offer

Fullmer17

Rosenthal has a new article discussing the Angels offering Trout an extension this winter. He says Moreno does not want to trade Trout, but they do not want him to leave with only a comp pick in the draft. Rosenthal reiterated that a trade is still highly unlikely.

Execs think Padres, Braves and Yankees are matches due to their farm systems. One exec said a package from Atlanta would include Ender inciarte, Sean newcomb, and their 2, 3, 4, and 7 prospects Wright, Anderson, Riley, and toussiant.

https://theathletic.com/509604/2018/09/06/rosenthal-the-angels-dont-want-to-trade-mike-trout-so-they-need-to-make-him-an-offer/

It’s not a very deeply researched article.  We need a 2B ? I don’t know.  Fletcher and his 1.5 WAR in half of a rookie season seems like possible fit ! 

I love the Athletic but this is a shit article.  The Angels trade Trout shit is getting REALLY tired.  Like no shit, if he won’t sign they need to do something.  Pretty fuc*king obvious they need to figure it out soon.  Thanks for the brilliant insight Rosenthal. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I hate to think about trading Trout and generally dont even want to discuss trade possibilities. But if he were to tell the Angels "trade me," I wouldn't move him unless the return included a young star player with 5+ years of club control (Gleyber Torres, Jusn Soto) plus three or four excellent prospects. Something along the lines of Carlos Correa plus Forrest Whitley and Kyle Tucker (plus one more). 

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

The same as these restaurants that want to make you pay to eat their food. 

1 hour ago, notherhalo said:

maybe someone can invent a restaurant that gives you free food, but you get pummeled with ads during the process

Beat me to it. As an aspiring novelist, I empathize with what JF is saying--and this era so many people are "content creators" and should be compensated--but it isn't a very accurate comparison due to the ads. 

I think Angelswin has the right idea: you get the content for free but have to deal with ads; a paid subscription gets rid of the ads. 

15 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Beat me to it. As an aspiring novelist, I empathize with what JF is saying--and this era so many people are "content creators" and should be compensated--but it isn't a very accurate comparison due to the ads. 

I think Angelswin has the right idea: you get the content for free but have to deal with ads; a paid subscription gets rid of the ads. 

I agree with this. I have this site whitelisted with AdBlock. When Chuck started the subscription/ad-free option here, he asked, if we didn't purchase a subscription, if we would at least disable AdBlock, which I did. I will usually disable AdBlock for a website that I frequent. I also think it's a good idea to allow a person access to one or two articles for free in order to ascertain if it is content they may be interested in paying for. Simply blocking the content and making someone sign up for a free trial will only upset people and ensure that they won't return. Just my opinion.

2 hours ago, wopphil said:

I hate to think about trading Trout and generally dont even want to discuss trade possibilities. But if he were to tell the Angels "trade me," I wouldn't move him unless the return included a young star player with 5+ years of club control (Gleyber Torres, Jusn Soto) plus three or four excellent prospects. Something along the lines of Carlos Correa plus Forrest Whitley and Kyle Tucker (plus one more). 

Why would any team make a trade like you suggested for two years and $70M for Trout. You’ll never get a fair value from any team imo. 

If the Angels don’t sign Trout to a long term contract this offseason. IMO Trout is testing free agency and if that’s the case you HAVE to trade him this season. During the season or the offseason. There isn’t a shot in hell I would go into his final year before free agency not having his contract signed. I probably wouldn’t trade him in the offseason. I would try to negotiate and work 800 deals till the trade deadline this next season and if he didn’t sign. That’s when you trade him.