• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone concerned about Ward?

Dtwncbad

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

And if neither Cozart nor Ward pan out in 2019, entering from stage right....Arenado?

Doubtful. I don't see Arte paying 30 million for Pujols, 35-40 million for Trout and what 25 or more for Arenado? Big free agent items is usually a bad way to build your team. 

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

Doubtful. I don't see Arte paying 30 million for Pujols, 35-40 million for Trout and what 25 or more for Arenado? Big free agent items is usually a bad way to build your team. 

Usually true, but remember that Pujols' contract is for only two years after 2019.    Plus, very few big money FA's check all the boxes.   Arenado is one of them.   If Arte refuses to go over the tax threshold for only two seasons (just 10% and 25% of overage in 2020 and 2021), when he has a chance to get the best all around 3B in MLB who is a local product, then I don't know what to say.   

Arenado, in my book, should be the ONLY big money FA to bring in for the next 4-5 seasons at least.  

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm not worried about Ward, but I hear Joe DiMaggio is a bit concerned his hit streak might be in jeopardy....

My sources tell me Joe DiMaggio sacked Marilyn Monroe once again, he could care less about a hit streak.f482b12fccd0196fbd36d5c9bbb9887d.jpg

23 minutes ago, Revad said:

Ward should learn 1b and corner outfield, think someone may have mentioned that he has enough learning 3b this year but definitely for next.  Maybe at least start next year in AAA to work on defense.  

I'd like to see him start next year at AAA, and start getting some reps at 1B, LF, and maybe even 2B. Too much to put on him this season learning 3B full-time.

Worst case scenario, he replaces the Marte role. 

56 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

I think next season the Angels will have Ward in AAA, Cozart at 3B and Fletcher at 2B.  If they spend any money this offseason, the majority of that money will be on pitching (SP and BP).  If they are smart, they'll get someone for 1B too and sit Pujols the majority of games.

First prediction—very possible;  Second prediction—very possible; Third prediction—I’ll believe it when I see it.....

It's Ward first season at 3B and he broke out offensively in two levels before being humbled at the major league.  He's going to the instruction league and we'll see where it goes from there.

I don't think they should let Cozart or Ward's presence on the 40 man prevent from making moves at 3B but I think he still has promise 

5 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

It's Ward first season at 3B and he broke out offensively in two levels before being humbled at the major league.  He's going to the instruction league and we'll see where it goes from there.

I don't think they should let Cozart or Ward's presence on the 40 man prevent from making moves at 3B but I think he still has promise 

Totally agree.

Id like to see him get a lot of ABs next year but I don't think it will happen, or at least a very very short leash with him

It all comes down to Eppler and its not his draft pick and they should be in win now mode next year

I guess Fletcher isn't his draft pick either but you know what you get out of him, less risk for Eppler when he needs to start winning