• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone concerned about Ward?

Dtwncbad

4 hours ago, red321 said:

I disagree...his numbers have been descending quite impressively...or is crashing like a Russian satellite a more apt description?

I meant it will be hard to do because his numbers are already so low. 

1 hour ago, azmancini said:

I thing Barria is a keeper. As for Ward, well, I just can’t get Mathis out of my head every time I see him at the plate. Just not impressed.

It’s sad that every single one of our prospects is either going to be Jeff Mathis/Brandon Wood or Mike Trout ,and absolutely nothing in between according to a lot of people here...

folks need to move on from those 2. They didn’t work out but at least at that time we were developing talent. I’d rather have a couple huge busts like that than the last 4 years where we have just had no prospects at all

Another thing about Mathis is that he’ll end up with over 20 million in career earnings and will likely get a managing gig if he wants it. He probably reads the board and laughs hysterically

Wood I actually feel a little bad for on the other hand. It can’t be easy to come that close and end up not making much money out of it (sans the signing bonus, pension, etc

l haven't given up on Ward, Cowart, Fletcher, Arcia, Briceno, Buttrey, Jerez, Hermosillo, Anderson, or Fernandez. 

But the only one who has shown enough to count on for a few years so far is Fletcher, and possibly Anderson.  There is still a lot to see about these guys in September.  It's important to all of them.

28 minutes ago, tomsred said:

l haven't given up on Ward, Cowart, Fletcher, Arcia, Briceno, Buttrey, Jerez, Hermosillo, Anderson, or Fernandez. 

But the only one who has shown enough to count on for a few years so far is Fletcher, and possibly Anderson.  There is still a lot to see about these guys in September.  It's important to all of them.

Who was that second baseman we had a couple years ago who hit for no power but had a mediocre average?

I actually feel pretty optimistic about Ward and other soon to arrive prospects. It's a whole new system supporting this wave than the Wood/Kotchman/McPherson days. 

The increase in data and stat systems across the minor leagues too I think will start making prospect forecasting a little more accurate. More data is available now for the org to sift through on the farm to determine who might stick. 

That’s not to say they’ll meet their ceilings in the bigs, but I think you’ll see prospects that make it to the bigs have a little more staying power, even if just as reserves.

8 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Thank you!! I couldn't for the life of me remember that. So my next question is then is that what Fletcher is? 

Fletcher is much better with the glove then Giavatella.  Who was a disaster.  Really, they’re not comparable.  Fletcher also plays multiple positions competently.  I think Giavatella only played 2B badly.  With the bat we’ll see.  At his best Giavatella did about what Fletcher is doing now.  But his best wasn’t really what he was.  We need to see more from Fletcher, but I’m confident he’s probably a better player on both sides of the ball.  Because Giavatella is shitty.  Confirmed fact. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Fletcher is much better with the glove then Giavatella.  Who was a disaster.  Really, they’re incomparable.  With the the bat we’ll.  At his best Giavatella did about what Fletcher is doing now.  But his best wasn’t really what he was.  We need to see. Ire from Fletcher, but I’m confident he’s probably a better player on both sides of the ball.  Because Giavatella is shitty.  Confirmed fact. 

Ya that's really my question is Fletcher more a super utility guy or is he an every day starter. I like him, he's cheap, but I don't know if I want him starting every day. 

5 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Ya that's really my question is Fletcher more a super utility guy or is he an every day starter. I like him, he's cheap, but I don't know if I want him starting every day. 

Ya, we’ll see.  He needs lots of AB’s which he’s getting fortunately.  It’ll be great if we’re looking at Fletcher next ASB and he’s putting up the numbers he is now.  Hopefully better but at least what we’re getting now is adequate.  

Edited by UndertheHalo