• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tropeano pulled from game because of shoulder tightness

Glen

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

29 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Yup - it’d be wise to pluck someone like a Fiers type who still has another year of control, off waivers simply to offer up some swingman depth next year. 

He was traded to the A's yesterday 

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

He was traded to the A's yesterday 

That's why I said a Fiers type. Athletics didn't have to give up too much presumably since Detroit is just getting two ptbnl's from a list.

A pitcher with an option or a year of control that can pitch out of rotation or pen next year would be a helpful quiet August buy. 

I certainly don't wish injury on any player so don't anyone confuse what I am saying here.

For a couple years now I have been viewing the Angel pitching staff as far too bottom heavy.  I have never been comforted by a volume of back of the rotation depth.

What does having Tropeano do for the Angels?  Well, if you actually have a legit top of the rotation, he is quite useful.

If you don't, then I dont see the value.

Come hell or high water I want the Angel front office to have a freak out moment where they realize they need a front line starter.

I hope Tropeano is OK, really.  But I am not going to mind if this episode at least helps the Angels avoid feeling comfortable with an idea that 2019 will be OK because the Angels will have Tropeano and Shoemaker and Meyers. . .

The Angels NEEDED Richards to be a legit #1 starter in 2018 to contend.  The team sucks with that #1 slot basically being vacant.

Will the Angels get smart and address the top of the rotation for 2019?

Thought for a minute that Trop may be on his last leg, but looks like he has an option next year still, which is big given our depth. 
I hope Skaggs, Heaney, Shoe, Barria, and Ohtani prove healthy enough that we can dock Trop's expectations back to that of a 6th SP type, but with this parade of shoulder injuries, he may also be a contender for pen depth next year. Eppler would just have to make sure he brings in another handful of SPs to push him into that field.

6 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I certainly don't wish injury on any player so don't anyone confuse what I am saying here.

For a couple years now I have been viewing the Angel pitching staff as far too bottom heavy.  I have never been comforted by a volume of back of the rotation depth.

What does having Tropeano do for the Angels?  Well, if you actually have a legit top of the rotation, he is quite useful.

If you don't, then I dont see the value.

Come hell or high water I want the Angel front office to have a freak out moment where they realize they need a front line starter.

I hope Tropeano is OK, really.  But I am not going to mind if this episode at least helps the Angels avoid feeling comfortable with an idea that 2019 will be OK because the Angels will have Tropeano and Shoemaker and Meyers. . .

The Angels NEEDED Richards to be a legit #1 starter in 2018 to contend.  The team sucks with that #1 slot basically being vacant.

Will the Angels get smart and address the top of the rotation for 2019?

They really don't have any way of addressing this without trading at least one of Adell/Canning, or signing Kershaw - neither of those sound like a good idea. 

Their best bet remains developing a frontline starter - which at this point, our best bet is Ohtani, Skaggs, maybe Canning. 
They need a consistent offense and a healthy rotation of #3 types and they'd be set. Neither have happened, and it's exposed a hodgepodge pen that has actually been pretty decent.