• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal: Scioscia expected to step down at end of season

jordan

You all realize how bad so many managers the Angels had before Scioscia were right? I really only remember Marcel Latchemen, Doug Radar, and Terry Collins.

I do think it’s time for a change. And I think it will be someone like Torii Hunter, someone Young and out of the blue. 

21 minutes ago, tomsred said:

Angels next manager will be .......Albert Pujols.

This is not out of the realm of reality. Perhaps it was the intention with the personal services contract he signed? Is Arte that much of a forward-thinker? Kinda scary and weird you brought that up lol. This may be very prescient of you.

Glory Hallelujah!

If Scioscia had any integrity he would have submitted his resignation after the 2012 disaster so the angels can finally move on in another direction -- instead Sciosca stayed put and held the team hostage for the last 6 damn years.

And yet he still gets praise from some people here.

I say - Good riddance LOSER.

Sad day. As much as I have harped on Mike. The guy is a class act. He’s been with the organization almost 20 years. It is going to feel super strange not seeing him in the dugout. I don’t blame him for the losses this team has endured. I blame the GMs and Arte for what happened to this organization. He’s the manager and can only do with what he has been given. Solid guy great manager. Will probably end up in the hall of fame wearing an Angels hat. Thanks for all the good memories Mikey! 

7 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Sad day. As much as I have harped on Mike. The guy is a class act. He’s been with the organization almost 20 years. It is going to feel super strange not seeing him in the dugout. I don’t blame him for the losses this team has endured. I blame the GMs and Arte for what happened to this organization. He’s the manager and can only do with what he has been given. Solid guy great manager. Will probably end up in the hall of fame wearing an Angels hat. Thanks for all the good memories Mikey! 

While I understand your point, I think a lot of people forget that Scioscia had an extremely heavy influence over the roster. 

Scioscia picked Mathis over Napoli and who knows what else  

The narrative that Scioscia was just served a bunch of shitty teams is BS because Scioscia had his hands ALL OVER most of the teams he managed. 

2 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

While I understand your point, I think a lot of people forget that Scioscia had an extremely heavy influence over the roster. 

The narrative that Scioscia was just served a bunch of shitty teams is BS because Scioscia had his hands ALL OVER most of the teams he managed. 

None of the teams in the last 7 seasons would this be true.  

Just now, robblin17 said:

Shitty teams? He choose Napoli over Mathis. I agree I disagreed with that call and hated it. Wells was probably his trade as well. I don’t agree with all of his moves. But again like I said. I don’t think a manager in Baseball wins or losses many games. This sport is an individul sport masquerading as a team sport. If the players don’t perform there’s not much a manager can do. It’s not like they can draw up plays or have some scheme. Players have to hit. Pitchers have to pitch. Good guy sad to see him go. Name another manager in Baseball who would have this team in first place this year.