• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal: Scioscia expected to step down at end of season

jordan

Just now, Kevinb said:

I don’t know mine is only a guess as well. But I’d say more likely 1-5 wins does a manager win a year. And u don’t have to guess what kind of manager he is. He is a well above 500 manager. He’s been here for 19 years. I’m not saying he’s the greatest of all time. But he’s pretty good. U didn’t answer the second question. Who would u choose as the next manager?

Sorry, I missed that question. I’d like a younger manager with no ties to the organization. One that Eppler wants. One that, in my own opinion, seems more relatable to the players. 

I dont have an exact answer for you. 

1 minute ago, robblin17 said:

Yet, you just said Scioscia had the most influence. So which is it? Scioscia didn’t have influence over the roster? 

Ok, have your night of being a total douchebag.  While you are glowing like a pregnant woman, feel free to look at the job description of a GM and a manager, thanks in advance missy.

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

He’s the Carlos Beltran of managers.  Lasted long enough. I don’t argue that he had a good record but his teams choked in the playoffs many times. 

Had the Angels won in 79 would Fregosi have been a great manager?  Had the Angels won in 82/86, would Mauch be a great manager?  

This is why I love sports.  Hypotheticals are fun to debate. 

I’ll take Carlos Beltran. At his peak he was pretty damn good. Probably top 5-10 player in baseball. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Baseball is not for you.  Barely over .500, gives them a top ten all time record.  So one of the worst franchises?  Ok, if you count the bottom 21 teams, then I guess you are right.  

Cmon buddy.  Most of the bottom 21 teams have as many or more rings than the Angels.  That’s what counts right?  The fans here overwhelmingly said they’d lose Trout in order to win rings.  

Just answer this question, I picture you sitting home after a long day of work in a recliner wearing the fill angels uni, including stirrups.  Is that true?  

Your affection for this game is commendable and the years you spent with your dad and sons going to opening days is nostalgic.  But i don’t think that gives you the right to question anyone’s fandom.  

You don’t know what I watch, what i read, or what i like and don’t like when it comes to this team.  Please stop attacking me every time I comment on a post.  

1 minute ago, robblin17 said:

Sorry, I missed that question. I’d like a younger manager with no ties to the organization. One that Eppler wants. One that, in my own opinion, seems more relatable to the players. 

I dont have an exact answer for you. 

What is younger manager? Like someone who is a manager of another ball club? Or a guy who just retired? Someone 21? Someone just graduated college? Tv personality? Ex player? Non player?

11 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

You live in a fantasy land. What happens on the field is very much indicative of everything else. 

Name Scioscia’s best characteristics of you don’t mind. 

Let me guess. Patient, unemotional, understanding, consistent, predictable. 

As usual.... Someone with no insight other than reacting to body language in the tv is lecturing others about fantasy land.

Physician heal thyself...

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Ok, have your night of being a total douchebag.  While you are glowing like a pregnant woman, feel free to look at the job description of a GM and a manager, thanks in advance missy.

Yet Scioscia has skewed the lines of being a GM/Manager. Don’t name call. Grow up. 

Just now, Kevinb said:

What is younger manager? Like someone who is a manager of another ball club? Or a guy who just retired? Someone 21? Someone just graduated college? Tv personality? Ex player? Non player?

Someone that understands the new era of baseball. Analytics, grew up with them or highly involved. Not a dinosaur. There’s no perfectly defined description. 

Jose Canseco would be ideal though. 

Just now, robblin17 said:

Yet Scioscia has skewed the lines of being a GM/Manager. Don’t name call. Grow up. 

When was the last time he skewed those lines. We probably agree he was kind of pseudo manager gm when Reagins was here. But do u believe he was pseudo gm when Stoneman was here or Dipoto or now Eppler? Because I don’t. 

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

As usual.... Someone with no insight other than reacting to body language in the tv is lecturing others about fantasy land.

Physician heal thyself...

Then what are we all even talking about here? We are all basing opinions off of what we see, are we not? 

Unless you are an insider. If so, please enlighten us. 

Just now, robblin17 said:

Someone that understands the new era of baseball. Analytics, grew up with them or highly involved. Not a dinosaur. There’s no perfectly defined description. 

Jose Canseco would be ideal though. 

So you’re ideal manager is Jose Canseco? Is this for real? Or are you joking. I’m so confused. 

Just now, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Cmon buddy.  Most of the bottom 21 teams have as many or more rings than the Angels.  That’s what counts right?  The fans here overwhelmingly said they’d lose Trout in order to win rings.  

Just answer this question, I picture you sitting home after a long day of work in a recliner wearing the fill angels uni, including stirrups.  Is that true?  

Your affection for this game is commendable and the years you spent with your dad and sons going to opening days is nostalgic.  But i don’t think that gives you the right to question anyone’s fandom.  

You don’t know what I watch, what i read, or what i like and don’t like when it comes to this team.  Please stop attacking me every time I comment on a post.  

We’ve had this discussion many of times Soto.  Oh and stop feeling attacked, Jesus you are a grown man, like a real man, stop with the attacking nonsense.  I am not questioning your fandom, you have literally said on here you don’t pay attention anymore, you said it like a badge of honor.  When you call the team one of the worst franchises in history, it simply isn’t true.  If you only measure a teams success based on championships, then fine, they are tied with all the other teams that have one.  Before 2002, they were a bad organization.  After 2002 and after they have won more games as a franchise than they have lost, I will not even pretend that your opinion is at all accurate.  You are entitled to your opinion.  I just tend to believe that your opinion is to either protect yourself from having hurt feelings when they don’t perform, or your opinion isn’t really your opinion and it is said to get a rise out of guys like me, and I am the bitch that lets it happen.  

Just now, Kevinb said:

When was the last time he skewed those lines. We probably agree he was kind of pseudo manager gm when Reagins was here. But do u believe he was pseudo gm when Stoneman was here or Dipoto or now Eppler? Because I don’t. 

I think when Dipoto was here, yes. What else explains Dipoto leaving? Dipoto is a little bitch, I agree. But come on. There had to be a huge struggle for power. 

5 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

I think when Dipoto was here, yes. What else explains Dipoto leaving? Dipoto is a little bitch, I agree. But come on. There had to be a huge struggle for power. 

Power struggle which I believe was only in the dugout. I don’t believe Mike was calling agents trying to sign different players behind Dipotos back. A manager is in control of his locker room a gm chooses the players and manages the minor leagues. That’s at least my opinion of the things. Which is why I feel that a manager doesn’t matter in terms of wins and losses I think what a manager is really there for is communication on a daily basis of the 25 guys in the locker room and keeping them focused. 

5 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

That was sarcastic. You pulled the TV personality/not involved in baseball line, which is obviously ridiculous. 

It’s not really though. You could find people in analytics in another profession who have gone into sports. Look at Hinke the ex gm of the 76ers. Well the Yankees manager was a tv personality. I’m just trying to figure out what you meant. Like what is young to you? I don’t know your age. To me young is 25 I am 35 so young is younger than I am. 

Edit: 

do you consider ARod young is that someone that would interest you as a manager. Went the path of the new Yankees skipper tv personality etc. 

28 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

Then what are we all even talking about here? We are all basing opinions off of what we see, are we not? 

Unless you are an insider. If so, please enlighten us. 

Why would I bother when your response reads like a guilty plea.   Have your day.

Edited by Inside Pitch

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We’ve had this discussion many of times Soto.  Oh and stop feeling attacked, Jesus you are a grown man, like a real man, stop with the attacking nonsense.  I am not questioning your fandom, you have literally said on here you don’t pay attention anymore, you said it like a badge of honor.  When you call the team one of the worst franchises in history, it simply isn’t true.  If you only measure a teams success based on championships, then fine, they are tied with all the other teams that have one.  Before 2002, they were a bad organization.  After 2002 and after they have won more games as a franchise than they have lost, I will not even pretend that your opinion is at all accurate.  You are entitled to your opinion.  I just tend to believe that your opinion is to either protect yourself from having hurt feelings when they don’t perform, or your opinion isn’t really your opinion and it is said to get a rise out of guys like me, and I am the bitch that lets it happen.  

Or you’re completely overthinking it and obsessed with me and my posts.  I’m here to talk about the team, not to be vetted how many games I watch or seeing what my loyalty score is. 

If you really believe the Angels are a better team since 2002, maybe you should give Arte more credit.  Had the Angels been spenders before 02, they would have had more wins. 

I don’t argue that they are better than 500 since 02, my point is they shit the bed every time in the playoffs since, and after being perennial west champions, they aren’t even getting into the playoffs. 

Sosh shouldn’t be awarded for longevity because it’s really honoring mediocrity and a very bad 10 year contract. 

If I wasn’t a fan, I wouldn’t be wasting my time going back and forth with you at 11:09 on a Saturday night.  So quit your narrative that I’m here to attack your beloved angels.  Nobody appointed you the Halo rent-a-cop.  

Just now, Kevinb said:

Power struggle which I believe was only in the dugout. I don’t believe Mike was calling agents trying to sign different players behind Dipotos back. A manager is in control of his locker room a gm chooses the players and managers the minor leagues. That’s at least my opinion of the things. Which is why I feel that a manager doesn’t matter in terms of wins and losses I think what a manager is really there for is communication on a daily basis of the 25 guys in the locker room and keeping them focused. 

Agree to disagree then. I don’t think Mike was calling agents, agree, obviously.

However, I think a manager and his fundamental ability to coach, promote his message throughout all levels, develop players, and get more out of his players is extremely valuable and important to the success of the ML team. 

I think MS’s fundamental baseball philosophy is and has been outdated. I think his ability to nurture and effectively develop young and NEW players to the organization is extremely lacking. 

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Or you’re completely overthinking it and obsessed with me and my posts.  I’m here to talk about the team, not to be vetted how many games I watch or seeing what my loyalty score is. 

If you really believe the Angels are a better team since 2002, maybe you should give Arte more credit.  Had the Angels been spenders before 02, they would have had more wins. 

I don’t argue that they are better than 500 since 02, my point is they shit the bed every time in the playoffs since, and after being perennial west champions, they aren’t even getting into the playoffs. 

Sosh shouldn’t be awarded for longevity because it’s really honoring mediocrity and a very bad 10 year contract. 

If I wasn’t a fan, I wouldn’t be wasting my time going back and forth with you at 11:09 on a Saturday night.  So quit your narrative that I’m here to attack your beloved angels.  Nobody appointed you the Halo rent-a-cop.  

Dude you called Mike Carlos Beltran. A great player and borderline hall of famer. Maybe you actually live Mikey :)

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

The rent a cop thing is bullshit, but I guess it’s warranted because you felt attacked.  Sorry again  I never felt I was attacking you tonight,  if you took it that way I apologize.   Have a good night.   

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

Dude you called Mike Carlos Beltran. A great player and borderline hall of famer. Maybe you actually live Mikey :)

I like Carlos Beltran. He is borderline.  He played the game long enough to have decent stats.  mike served the club well.  He was hamstrung with a lot of crap over the years, but other managers have prevailed through tough situations.  The team needs a new voice.   Retire his number and say adios.  He won the ring.  He deserves props. 

4 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

It’s not really though. You could find people in analytics in another profession who have gone into sports. Look at Hinke the ex gm of the 76ers. Well the Yankees manager was a tv personality. I’m just trying to figure out what you meant. Like what is young to you? I don’t know your age. To me young is 25 I am 35 so young is younger than I am. 

Edit: 

do you consider ARod young is that someone that would interest you as a manager. Went the path of the new Yankees skipper tv personality etc. 

Okay, I understand. No, I don’t think ARod. Honestly, I think Pujols would be great. Likelihood? Who knows. It’s just a quick name off the top of my head  

He has seen the analytical change in the game and has been extremely affected by it. He relates to young players. See his relationship with Trout. And, he has some god damn fire. Even with his HOF career I think he wants to prove even more with the way his name has been dragged through the mud the last few year.