• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal: Scioscia expected to step down at end of season

jordan

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

8A337067-83FD-4178-9EBC-4D2686519986.jpeg

Who in their right state of mind, would think that a manager is the best thing that this franchise has ever had? Angels were once up there with scouting/drafting players. Erstad, Salmon, Anderson, Glaus, Percival, just to name a few. If anything, the Angels' front office should be way ahead of the guy who was once the manager of the team and deserves "credit" for wasting Trout's great years with the team when he was his manager. 

No way is Scioscia even in the discussion of one of the greatest people to wear an Angels' uniform. You're lying if you think he's better than a once-in-a-lifetime plater in Trout (doubt we will ever see someone who has Trout's accomplishments at that age in MLB history) as an Angel. Was he ever even a great manager with the Angels despite "leading" the Angels to a World Series win in 2002 or was it more of Dusty's fault that the Giants lost game six of the 2002 World Series? Many people would blame Dusty for that loss and I wouldn't even blame them. He was given so many superstar players (like Vlad, Trout, and Ohtani) when he was managing the Angels and the best he could do was win a World Series where it was more because of Dusty's fault than him being the reason why the Angels won. 

18 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

No way is Scioscia even in the discussion of one of the greatest people to wear an Angels' uniform. You're lying if you think he's better than a once-in-a-lifetime plater in Trout (doubt we will ever see someone who has Trout's accomplishments at that age in MLB history) as an Angel. Was he ever even a great manager with the Angels despite "leading" the Angels to a World Series win in 2002 or was it more of Dusty's fault that the Giants lost game six of the 2002 World Series? Many people would blame Dusty for that loss and I wouldn't even blame them. He was given so many superstar players (like Vlad, Trout, and Ohtani) when he was managing the Angels and the best he could do was win a World Series where it was more because of Dusty's fault than him being the reason why the Angels won. 

I guess beating the Yakees and Twins as a wild card team had nothing to do with.  Its was all because if Dusty failure.

GTFO

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

I guess he should have listened to me.

It's just one of those things that we all look back on and laugh. My freshman year of high school, I had frosted tips. The pictures are so awkward, and I really should've listened to my much older brother who said it was stupid and gay (back then gay meant something else). Of course, he's the idiot with a barbed wire tattoo around his skinny asa bicep, so no one is perfect. 

From the reports we've gotten as to how players perceived Ausmus, the conclusion I've reached is that while he is an intelligent individual, he wasn't necessarily the best choice to develop close personal bonds in the clubhouse, or get the most out of his players. Maddon had that rep but Ausmus doesn't. He definitely seems better suited for GM work than managing. 

Kind of like if Jerry Dipoto tried managing. It would probably be a disaster, not that him being a GM isn't. It certainly was for the Angels.

12 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I guess beating the Yakees and Twins as a wild card team had nothing to do with.  Its was all because if Dusty failure.

GTFO

We're talking about the Twins, right? The same team that has been horrible in the postseason for years now. Even if we give him a lot of credit for managing the Angels to a series win over the Yankees' series in the 2002 postseason, that's just one series. 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2014, what happened in the postseason for every single one of those seasons? Terrific pitching staffs, even had a superstar in 83% of those seasons. Still had a lot of early exits in the postseason. And how about those seasons when the Angels didn't make the postseason? Made a few decisions that people can immediately picture in their head like batting the bum Pujols in the cleanup spot and taking his pitchers out too early.  

25 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

We're talking about the Twins, right? The same team that has been horrible in the postseason for years now. Even if we give him a lot of credit for managing the Angels to a series win over the Yankees' series in the 2002 postseason, that's just one series. 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2014, what happened in the postseason for every single one of those seasons? Terrific pitching staffs, even had a superstar in 83% of those seasons. Still had a lot of early exits in the postseason. And how about those seasons when the Angels didn't make the postseason? Made a few decisions that people can immediately picture in their head like batting the bum Pujols in the cleanup spot and taking his pitchers out too early.  

Yes, we are talking about the Teuns who beat the A's in the 2002 ALDS.  Then was in the made the ALCS.

You are trying too hard to be a dumbass.

1 hour ago, JustATroutFan said:

Angry Gordon Ramsay GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

17 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

spoken like someone who became a fan in 2010 and only looked at stats.

There was nothing wrong with Scioscia managing the team for an extended period.

And there was also nothing wrong with moving on.  Nothing lasts forever.

10% of managers probably hurt their team.  10% of managers improve their team.  The other 80% are mostly meaningless overall.

Scioscia wasn’t special as a manager.  He was just unique in being so long tenured as not a problem to fix.

I couldn’t care less if he managed three more years or if they dumped him three years earlier.