• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Red Sox get Ian Kinsler

Chuck

10 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Anyone remember the trade deadline when Chuck Finley was going to enter free agency? We were out of it , as usual. Finley became known as "the yankee killer." Indians knew they had Yankees in the playoffs and a trade for Finley looked like a guarantee. They couldn't get the deal done. We got nothing. Indians got shelled and then signed Finley as a FA. 

Strange how small things stick in one's memory. 

Remember Bavasi went on record as not wanting to be remembered as the guy that traded Finley?   After his dad's "two .500 pitchers" comment it was kind of easy to understand why.... But the rough part was that something in Fin's contract stipulated the Angels couldn't get compensation if he left as a FA so yeah...  They got zilch!

3 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Been saying it all year. The Angels have a desperate need for relievers that throw hard. Other than Anderson, they have had no one out there that can consistently hit the upper 90s. Some of that was bad luck with Middleton and Wood going down early.

Getting two guys with this kind of stuff is huge

Agreed. I think Robles will stick too. Looks like he's figured it out since coming over from the Mets and he has great stuff

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

No it really wasn’t.  It is your perception, which has been pointed out frequently that hasn’t been the reality for a few years.  Also when was the last time we had a tradeble piece that was in the last year of his contract?  I am positive we have had one, but I don’t remember who.  

The reality is that a weak farm has not allowed the Angels to trade their prospects for veterans.

It doesn't mean they wouldn't if they could.

Of course they had few tradeble pieces that could have gotten them prospects .

This is the first time in years that the Angels have enough flexibiity for us to see what they want to do.

I like what I have seen recently, so I hope you will prove me a fool.

I hope that you and others will say " that farmbuilding fan was an ass for thinking the Angels would value veterans over youth."

i want to be proven an ass, but it is not that time yet. 

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Remember Bavasi went on record as not wanting to be remembered as the guy that traded Finley?   After his dad's "two .500 pitchers" comment it was kind of easy to understand why.... But the rough part was that something in Fin's contract stipulated the Angels couldn't get compensation if he left as a FA so yeah...  They got zilch!

I didn't know that part. 

8 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

The reality is that a weak farm has not allowed the Angels to trade their prospects for veterans.

It doesn't mean they wouldn't if they could.

Of course they had few tradeble pieces that could have gotten them prospects .

This is the first time in years that the Angels have enough flexibiity for us to see what they want to do.

I like what I have seen recently, so I hope you will prove me a fool.

I hope that you and others will say " that farmbuilding fan was an ass for thinking the Angels would value veterans over youth."

i want to be proven an ass, but it is not that time yet. 

Ok, that doesn’t make a ton of sense.  The Cubs, Mariners and Red Sox have 3 of the 4 worst farm systems in baseball, all three traded for rentals.  So yes, the Angels could have been trading for rentals the last several years and haven’t.  

1 hour ago, 2020worldseries said:

Agreed. I think Robles will stick too. Looks like he's figured it out since coming over from the Mets and he has great stuff

He just needs to work on making his command more consistent.   The past 2-3 games, it's kind of gotten away from him.

Wasn't Cole also doing well here before being sent back down, and doesn't he also have a mid 90s fastball to go with a nice secondary pitch?  

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Ok, that doesn’t make a ton of sense.  The Cubs, Mariners and Red Sox have 3 of the 4 worst farm systems in baseball, all three traded for rentals.  So yes, the Angels could have been trading for rentals the last several years and haven’t.  

Not enough viable trading chips.

They also might have felt the rentals available, or the ones they could afford, would not substantially increase their playoff chances.

9 hours ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

Not enough viable trading chips.

They also might have felt the rentals available, or the ones they could afford, would not substantially increase their playoff chances.

All of those teams have worse farms than the Angels did this year or last year.  The Angels sold two veterans this year and sold one pitcher last year.  This off season they sold Cron for a younger prospect.   They used all their draft pool money the last couple of years.   By the way, it’s fine to acquire rentals for the right minor leaguers if it increases your playoff chances.  

I will not miss Kinsler.  I never liked the guy.  I hated the fact that he was on the Angels.  I am very happy he's gone.  I hope he high fives Mookie Betts and the rest of the Sox. 

It's just too bad, we didn't get a chance to say... "Get the EFF off our team."

On 8/1/2018 at 3:55 PM, True Grich said:

I will not miss Kinsler.  I never liked the guy.  I hated the fact that he was on the Angels.  I am very happy he's gone.  I hope he high fives Mookie Betts and the rest of the Sox. 

It's just too bad, we didn't get a chance to say... "Get the EFF off our team."

Poor Kinsler managed to get the f*ck off their field, slowly, today too. Hammy. 

25 minutes ago, Blarg said:

There is something very sweet about this news.

Maybe we can convince the Red Sox to take Valbuena now.

Nah, they're not that dumb.  Besides, they need someone who plays 2nd.

How about we offer Cowart for another top pitching prospect?