• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler's Manager

10 hours ago, True Grich said:

I don't know about Josh Paul.  I think he's 100% a Scioscia guy.  Think about the days when the Angels carried 3 catchers and one of them was Paul... it was somewhat of a waste of a roster spot.  And then there's the whole 2005 play-off fiasco with Pierzynski...   I think Josh Paul is 100% a Scioscia hire. 

No. 

Eppler and Paul spent more time together with the Yankees than Paul spent as a player with the Angels. Eppler got to see him work as scout, manager, player development guy, not just a player. 

If I had to pick one guy on earth to be the next Angels manager, it would be him. 

13 hours ago, True Grich said:

I don't know about Josh Paul.  I think he's 100% a Scioscia guy.  Think about the days when the Angels carried 3 catchers and one of them was Paul... it was somewhat of a waste of a roster spot.  And then there's the whole 2005 play-off fiasco with Pierzynski...   I think Josh Paul is 100% a Scioscia hire. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

No. 

Eppler and Paul spent more time together with the Yankees than Paul spent as a player with the Angels. Eppler got to see him work as scout, manager, player development guy, not just a player. 

If I had to pick one guy on earth to be the next Angels manager, it would be him. 

Ruh roh.

6 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

No. 

Thanks for setting the record straight.  Anytime someone sheds the light on situations we know little about, it's a good thing.

10 hours ago, failos said:

r u thirsty 4 ersty?

Nope.  I am glad Erstad is in the past.  I got so tired of him as a player.

I was more fatigued by seeing Erstad in the lineup everyday than I have ever been fatigued by all these years of Scioscia.

10 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Just to clarify... "pick" or "predict" ?

Predict. 

If I got to pick, I’ll have to think about that one...

EDIT; Probably Ron Washington. (Admittedly, I’m not picking based on the same criteria as you or the Angels. Can I pick a whole roster too?)

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

16 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Man, if this board hates Albert Pujols as a player, I can’t imagine how you’d treat him as a manager. :)

Imagine all of the stupid people on here still being stupid, it is pretty easy to imagine.  

4 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Man, if this board hates Albert Pujols as a player, I can’t imagine how you’d treat him as a manager. :)

Do you think Albert is actually hated and mistreated?

I don't.  I love Pujols.  But he sucks now.

I am a fan, yes, but that doesn't require me to be dishonest, does it?

I don’t care who Eppler’s manager is because I don’t want him as the gm anymore. So I don’t care who he GMs for next and who he chooses be that teams manager. If this team finishes 4th or 5th in the division both Mike S and Eppler are gone. 

Kevin, you're in such a world of hate. Maybe baseball isn't your sport because it really takes a long time to build a team from the ground up like Eppler has had to.

Follow the Lakers. They are buying up three guys to mix with what they have and will be competitive next year. That should work with your need for instant gratification. 

Meanwhile we will suffer along without you.