• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Next 27 Games

3 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

I think the Dodgers will suffer through any defensive deficiencies of Muncy's, just to keep his bat in the lineup. The Dodgers arent looking for a 2nd baseman anymore. Look for Forsyth or Utley to be released pretty soon. Probably Forsyth.

Perhaps, they always seem to have someone in the wings, one thing i admire about the organization, but there are others that he could have value for in a pennant race.

3-5, -9 Run Differential 

Look at that...a pulse 

Calhoun continues to rake since coming off the DL, Simmons finds a home in the 2 spot, and Pujols moves another spot down...all nice to see

A win tomorrow and that's two series wins in a row

11 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

3-5, -9 Run Differential 

Look at that...a pulse 

Calhoun continues to rake since coming off the DL, Simmons finds a home in the 2 spot, and Pujols moves another spot down...all nice to see

A win tomorrow and that's two series wins in a row

One remaining order of business: move Upton down to 6th.

21 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

One remaining order of business: move Upton down to 6th.

Who replaces him?  Honestly...

I know he's struggled this season with "RISP" but he's been unlucky in that regard as well as his "BAbip" (Batting Average for balls in play) has been .176.

Last season?  .336 average with RISP with .385 BAbip. 2016? .272 average with .269 BAbip. 2015? .277 average with .361 BAbip.

He's been getting better in most areas as the season has progressed and I expect this to normalize a bit as well:

image.png.ce1c2646bc4534481839ac9438f24988.png

3-6, -12 Run Differential 

A series loss and the end to a 3-7 road trip...4 of those games against KC and Baltimore who are terrible.  About the only silver lining you can find at this point is "at least they're not 2-8"...yeah, rings hollow doesn't it?

Trout had a couple extra basehits and some walks but, overall, did not do much.  Honestly, no one did much.  You were hoping for them to make a statement in this series...unfortunately that statement was "we're hopefully a .500 team".

Time to play the kids...

Odds are we will lose at least six of the nine games remaining before the break. Pena and McGuire starting this weekend against the Dodgers? Really?!

If that happens, we're sellers all the way. Rebuild for 2019-20. Our goal is putting a product out on the field that can stay healthy and compete. We're not competing and we're not healthy. Major changes need to be made up and down the roster, and that includes the coaching and training staff. Another season of this will be unbearable. 

At this point bring up the kids and start their clocks. We can't afford to wait three or four years to start winning again. This is crap. I don't want to see Valbuena, Kinsler, Cozart, Young, Bedrosian, Paredes, Robles, and others of that ilk on the field next year. Trade Richards, asap. Albert needs to have his playing time greatly reduced until he gets the message and retires. Build the team around Trout, Simmons, Skaggs, and Heaney. Most of the rest are expendable. We're stuck with Upton, so let's hope he can figure things out. 

And no extension for Scioscia! Bring in some new blood and get this team moving again.

Edited by fan_since79

7 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Odds are we will lose at least six of the nine games remaining before the break. Pena and McGuire starting this weekend against the Dodgers? Really?!

If that happens, we're sellers all the way. Rebuild for 2019-20. Our goal is putting a product out on the field that can stay healthy and compete. We're not competing and we're not healthy. Major changes need to be made up and down the roster, and that includes the coaching and training staff. Another season of this will be unbearable. 

At this point bring up the kids and start their clocks. We can't afford to wait three or four years to start winning again. This is crap. I don't want to see Valbuena, Kinsler, Cozart, Young, Bedrosian, Paredes, Robles, and others of that ilk on the field next year. Trade Richards, asap. Albert needs to have his playing time greatly reduced until he gets the message and retires. Build the team around Trout, Simmons, Skaggs, and Heaney. Most of the rest are expendable. We're stuck with Upton, so let's hope he can figure things out. 

And no extension for Scioscia! Bring in some new blood and get this team moving again.

Keep turning the page until we get to the next manager.

24 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Don't have much to trade...

You start with Richards, who would have value if he shows he's healthy in the next couple of starts.....beyond that, I agree....I guess if Calhoun keeps hitting, you'd consider trading him, though I doubt his value would be much, given how truly awful he was into June, even if he's on a hot streak now....Kinsler, Valbuena....you'd be lucky to give them away, although they are on expiring contracts so maybe you could save some money and clear the way for Fletcher, maybe Fernandez to play the rest of the way.....

9 minutes ago, DMVol said:

You start with Richards, who would have value if he shows he's healthy in the next couple of starts.....beyond that, I agree....I guess if Calhoun keeps hitting, you'd consider trading him, though I doubt his value would be much, given how truly awful he was into June, even if he's on a hot streak now....Kinsler, Valbuena....you'd be lucky to give them away, although they are on expiring contracts so maybe you could save some money and clear the way for Fletcher, maybe Fernandez to play the rest of the way.....

Whatever you're likely to get for Richards is probably going to be equivalent to what talent would be available in the 1st round of the draft.  I'm leaning towards keeping Richards, giving him a qualifying offer and, if he accepts, 1 year deal, if not, draft pick from team he signs with in 2019.  If we finally have the healthy version of Richards, I'd want to keep for a run in 2019.

Calhoun could be a hard sell but there may be a team looking for someone with gold glove OF defense who could give them depth going into the final months leading to the playoffs.  We'd likely be eating salary and would get little in return except for maybe an empty roster spot.  Tough call...

Kinsler has been very good defensively this season and could be a veteran "Chase Utley" type on a playoff bound team.  He has a shot at going.

Just now, mulwin444 said:

Whatever you're likely to get for Richards is probably going to be equivalent to what talent would be available in the 1st round of the draft.  I'm leaning towards keeping Richards, giving him a qualifying offer and, if he accepts, 1 year deal, if not, draft pick from team he signs with in 2019.  If we finally have the healthy version of Richards, I'd want to keep for a run in 2019.

Calhoun could be a hard sell but there may be a team looking for someone with gold glove OF defense who could give them depth going into the final months leading to the playoffs.  We'd likely be eating salary and would get little in return except for maybe an empty roster spot.  Tough call...

Kinsler has been very good defensively this season and could be a veteran "Chase Utley" type on a playoff bound team.  He has a shot at going.

I would assume the FO, like everybody else evaluating free agents for this offseason, wants to see Richards get through the season (reasonably) healthy before they do anything.......a QO protects us some, for sure, but if he looks good for a couple of more starts, I'd certainly see what offers might be out there.....if the offers are fairly pedestrian, you keep him and see where you are after the season....Agree on Calhoun, but if we could move him at the deadline without eating any salary for next year, I'd think about it....I guess he lost me with his bad streak and I'd like to move his money and start over in RF....Hope you're right about Kinsler...would like to see Fletcher get those AB's for the rest of the year....I guess it would be too much to ask for somebody to take on Valbuena and his money....

13 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Major changes need to be made w the GM as well. This is unacceptable and disgusting. 

23 minutes ago, Lou said:

Eppler was dumb for injuring all those players 

UNACCEPTABLE!

Even with out injuries this team is this team. Calhoun sucked till he shot up w some PED. Terrible signings of Cozart who was batting just above his weight. Kinsler is batting what again? Yep it’s all injuries. 

4 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Even with out injuries this team is this team. Calhoun sucked till he shot up w some PED. Terrible signings of Cozart who was batting just above his weight. Kinsler is batting what again? Yep it’s all injuries. 

Oh stfu about Kole and PEDs.  Your feelings are hurt because the team is bad, don’t make shit up.  

Just now, The Boogie Man said:

Oh stfu about Kole and PEDs.  Your feelings are hurt because the team is bad, don’t make shit up.  

Guy was hitting 130 left for 2 weeks came back and hitting 270 or whatever. Yea I’m sure he’s clean. 

Just now, Kevinb said:

Guy was hitting 130 left for 2 weeks came back and hitting 270 or whatever. Yea I’m sure he’s clean. 

Yea the PEDs changed his stance.  He has always been a solid major league hitter.  At some point hitting that poorly was more about it being in his head than actual talent level.   Be pissed about the team, don’t be a dude he talks shit about a player and whether or not they are clean.