• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Next 27 Games

0-3, -13 run differential

Predictably painful outcome...Trout is not a fan of hitting in Fenway apparently

41-41 record, meaning they've gone 28-38 over their last 66 games after a 13-3 start.

Worlds collide in Baltimore where the completely inept Orioles, who just lost a 4 game series at home to the Ms, put their awfulness on the line against a truly bad Angels team.  That's like many bads colliding together into a SuperBad which hopefully won't suck the Solar System into its singularity of shittiness.

1-3, -7 run differential 

Ahhhhhh, the Orioles...you couldn't have come at a better time.

The 2018 Orioles are essentially what the AL West thought they were getting when the Astros joined the division...you know, before they started beating the crap out of everyone and winning a World Series Championship.  Bo Porter, we hardly knew ye...

Please, more of this tomorrow...

2-3, -3 run differential 

Its always nice to encounter a bullpen worse than your own once in a while.  It's needed right now as the Angel's try to get back to their rotation of Skaggs, Richard's, Heaney, Barria, and, uh, well, Pena, I guess.  Calhoun is 0-9, 1 RBI, 0 BB, 2 K, since being moved to lead-off  so that's looking like not a great idea and wouldn't be surprised to see Fletcher or Simmons in there at some point.  

Despite a great tradition under Earl Weaver, the Orioles have had some bad teams in their history.  One of their worst was 30 years ago, as the 1988 team started the year 0-21 and Cal Ripken Sr lasted only the first 6 games that season as manager before being fired.  They ended up the year 55-106 and got the 1st pick in the '89 draft with which they chose college pitcher Ben McDonald.  McDonald only made 2 starts in the minor league before promoted to MLB but, in the end, never really lived up to potential.  Guys the Orioles passed over in the 1st round to take McDonald: Frank Thomas, Mo Vaughn and Chuck Knoblauch 

2-4, -9 run differential

Hey, they won a series...it's a start.  Expecting Deck McGuire to go 5-6 innings effectively was highly optimistic but 3 solid innings is a nice revelation.  Robles and Paredes continue to be bad and the offense took a day off ahead of their day off but the BP got a rest and Richards is likely pitching Wednesday.  

Starting Tuesday, the first of 9 games against Seattle this month begins.  If they hope to claw back, now's the time.

If we have any sort of shot, it will now require something exceptional from this point forward.  Like reeling off 20 of the next 23 prior to the deadline and going like 10-2 or 11-1 prior to the break.  

there's really no realistic chance for us at this point.  It would be great to let a bunch of young guys play and do well so we know what we've got.  

Here is what should happen:

1) Valbuena, Marte, Young, and Kinsler all DFAd

2) Start Fletcher and JMF the rest of the season...if Ward continues to shows improvement defensively at 3B look at promoting him as well.

3)  lineup:

1) Simmons SS

2) Trout CF

3) Upton LF

4) Pujols 1B

5) Ohtani DH

6) Maldonado C

7) Calhoun RF 

8 ) JMF 2B

9) Fletcher 3B

40 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

2) Start Fletcher and JMF the rest of the season...if Ward continues to shows improvement defensively at 3B look at promoting him as well.

3)  lineup:

1) Simmons SS

2) Trout CF

3) Upton LF

4) Pujols 1B

5) Ohtani DH

6) Maldonado C

7) Calhoun RF 

8 ) JMF 2B

9) Fletcher 3B

would love to see JMF at DH and Thaiss at 1b.  Fletcher at 2b and Ward at 3b.  

I think you'll be surprised at Kinsler's value on the trade market.  

4 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

3)  lineup:

1) Simmons SS

2) Trout CF

3) Upton LF

4) Pujols 1B

5) Ohtani DH

6) Maldonado C

7) Calhoun RF 

8 ) JMF 2B

9) Fletcher 3B

Really, if we lost 2 of 3 or all three against Seattle, why not go with this immediately?

I agree with the doctor's prescription. Let's see what we got, down on the farm, against MLB pitching. SLC is too exaggerated.

5 hours ago, ValbuenaBatFlip said:

Mariners win yet again, we're 11 games back of them. Unless we go like 8-1 or 7-2 against them coming up I just don't see us ever catching them.

Unfortunately, we have to play the Dodgers in there, too. Six games against the Dodgers and three against the Astros before we play Seattle again for games 7-8-9 against them this month.

The Mariners play the Rockies, while we play the Dodgers. Advantage Mariners.

Lets say that the Angels take 2 of three in all these series until the All Star break. I dont think that likely, but lets say they do. And the Mariners lose 2 of 3 in all their series till the break. That would be out of character for them lately, too.

Looks like we would still be seven back. Then we get Houston, coming out of the break. 

It's gonna take a streak like the 95 Mariners. Except that the 95 Mariners had a lot of good players. Griffey, Edgar, Buhner, Tino, The Big Unit, a young A-Rod (who didnt do much), Jeff Nelson, Ayala and Charleton in the 'pen. 

2-5, -12 run differential 

Rather lackluster...kind of sad.

Don't know what else to say?

Whether Trout slumps or not, the offense will struggle regardless.  Simmons is hot, and Calhoun is showing signs of life, but, overall, there is no offensive cohesion.  Also, while it's nice Ohtani is back I've just never heard of rehabbing at the major league level before.

Might be time to see what Ward, Thaiss, and JMF can do with everyday play.

On 7/1/2018 at 2:45 PM, Dochalo said:

If we have any sort of shot, it will now require something exceptional from this point forward.  Like reeling off 20 of the next 23 prior to the deadline and going like 10-2 or 11-1 prior to the break.  

there's really no realistic chance for us at this point.  It would be great to let a bunch of young guys play and do well so we know what we've got.  

Exactly, call up Ward and see what he can do.

Fletcher, Simba, Trout, Upton, Pujols, Ohtani, Ward, Machete, Calhoun

Give it a try, they aren’t going to the post-season in all likelihood anyway.

On 7/1/2018 at 4:46 PM, Dochalo said:

would love to see JMF at DH and Thaiss at 1b.  Fletcher at 2b and Ward at 3b.  

I think you'll be surprised at Kinsler's value on the trade market.  

I agree with all this.  
Kinsler will have value and would be an upgrade for multiple playoff caliber teams, Bos, LAD, Ari perhaps, etc..
The rest, we might as well see how ready the kids actually are, were going nowhere fast.   
BUT, you wont see Pujols benched so assuming JMF and Thaiss in there daily isnt going to happen.    

8 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Toronto is now just two games behind us in the loss column.

If we lose one of the next two games to Seattle, there is no hope. We would be 12 back of them with only 10 more, head to head. It would take a monumental collapse by them AND we would have to actually start winning against them, the Dodgers and the Astros. I dont think so. 

We could easily be 15-20 back by the end of July.

I'm still skeptical of Seattle's pitching, but I dont think their lineup will allow a monumental collapse.

16 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

If we lose one of the next two games to Seattle, there is no hope. We would be 12 back of them with only 10 more, head to head. It would take a monumental collapse by them AND we would have to actually start winning against them, the Dodgers and the Astros. I dont think so. 

We could easily be 15-20 back by the end of July.

I'm still skeptical of Seattle's pitching, but I dont think their lineup will allow a monumental collapse.

Eight more games this month against Seattle, who has our number. Dodgers are getting hot too, and we have six games with them before the ASB. They can do no wrong right now. And immediately after the break the Astros, who are winning games right and left. The only pushover team we're playing in July are the White Sox.

Easily 15-20 back by the trading deadline. Sellers all the way.

Just now, floplag said:

I agree with all this.  
Kinsler will have value and would be an upgrade for multiple playoff caliber teams, Bos, LAD, Ari perhaps, etc..
The rest, we might as well see how ready the kids actually are, were going nowhere fast.   
BUT, you wont see Pujols benched so assuming JMF and Thaiss in there daily isnt going to happen.    

I think the Dodgers will suffer through any defensive deficiencies of Muncy's, just to keep his bat in the lineup. The Dodgers arent looking for a 2nd baseman anymore. Look for Forsyth or Utley to be released pretty soon. Probably Forsyth.