• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Next 27 Games

7 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Also just saw the blurb on Skaggs' espn page, where it says that he threw on Sunday and expects to pitch on Thursday.

Then at least it's Richards, Skaggs, Barria, Heaney, Tropeano, and Pena.    Not a bad rotation at all, just stay HEALTHY!

I'm sure they are monitoring Tropeano's innings since he just came off surgery so I'm curious if the DL visits are legit "shoulder inflammation" or fatigue related to building back up to strength after a lengthy layoff.  Also, while you hate to see Richards and Skaggs with recent DL visits, at least they are not arm related.  If their legs can stay healthy, Skaggs, Richards, and Heaney is a solid 1-2-3.  I also think, with Pena pitching as well he is, they should think about sticking with the 6 man rotation if possible as Barria's innings have to limited as well and it could make Ohtani's potential return to the rotation less intrusive. 

Ultimately, the build is towards 2020, when the potential 6 man rotation of Richards, Ohtani (assuming no TJS), Skaggs, Canning, Heaney, and Barria will have had a year together in the rotation during the 2019 season, and all then capable of pitching between 160-180 rock solid innings by 2020.  

Tropeano, Meyer, and Shoe could all be solid pen options to go with Parker, Anderson, Middleton, etc.

6-7, -6 Run Differential 

2 Win in a row, 3 out of last 4, 6 out last 10

Every starter got a hit and came back after an early deficit...this team has life.

Also, it seems that for every positive there has to be a negative with this team and Richards going down with an injury certainly qualifies.

Still, we hurt the M's and it felt good

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, Angel Oracle said:

Ultimately, the build is towards 2020, when the potential 6 man rotation of Richards, Ohtani (assuming no TJS), Skaggs, Canning, Heaney, and Barria will have had a year together in the rotation during the 2019 season, and all then capable of pitching between 160-180 rock solid innings by 2020.  

Tropeano, Meyer, and Shoe could all be solid pen options to go with Parker, Anderson, Middleton, etc.

Okay, editing

Skaggs, Ohtani (assuming no TJS), Heaney, Tropeano, Barria, and Canning

Sign Richards for similar money to Eovaldi (2 years/$4 million, as IP mentioned in another thread), and convert him to the pen upon recovery to join Shoe, Meyer, and the rest.   With his exaggerated delivery and follow through, relief pitching is Richards' best hope of staying healthy enough. 

7-8, 0 Run Differential 

Wow, a win like that will certainly help the run differential...too bad they couldn't have had a few of those runs last night.

No matter...it's another series win and the Angels showed up after taking the night off yesterday.

Coming up...the hated Doggies with three straight lefties but, as they showed tonight.  They can overcome...

9 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

7-8, 0 Run Differential 

Wow, a win like that will certainly help the run differential...too bad they couldn't have had a few of those runs last night.

No matter...it's another series win and the Angels showed up after taking the night off yesterday.

Coming up...the hated Doggies with three straight lefties but, as they showed tonight.  They can overcome...

No Ohtani for 3 straight games sucks. Can he not play 1B or RF for a single game? Sigh. 

Just now, arch stanton said:

Three words for you U C L

Catching a ball at 1B is more dangerous on the elbow than swinging the bat? If you're that worried take RF off the table, but no way you convince me that playing 1B is more dangerous to his elbow than batting. 

That said, if Scioscia uses him liberally as a PH in the series, I'm good with that too (especially because it limits exposure to LHP).

Just now, 101halo said:

Catching a ball at 1B is more dangerous on the elbow than swinging the bat? If you're that worried take RF off the table, but no way you convince me that playing 1B is more dangerous to his elbow than batting. 

That said, if Scioscia uses him liberally as a PH in the series, I'm good with that too (especially because it limits exposure to LHP).

You're right. first basemen never have to throw

Just now, arch stanton said:

You're right. first basemen never have to throw

You're right. The throw to 2B, 3B or home where you set your feet and throw a relatively short distance is more dangerous than the sudden reaction and swing adjustments that can contort the body in a split second that happen while in the batter's box. 

And if Shohei were to ask me, his greatest asset is the legit LH power bat. I'd have him be a full time outfielder who gets maybe 30 innings a year in extras or to rest up a gassed bullpen. And if you ask my daughters they'll tell you that the two ways to do things are my way or the wrong way

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

And if Shohei were to ask me, his greatest asset is the legit LH power bat. I'd have him be a full time outfielder who gets maybe 30 innings a year in extras or to rest up a gassed bullpen. And if you ask my daughters they'll tell you that the two ways to do things are my way or the wrong way

that's just good parenting 

8 hours ago, 101halo said:

You're right. The throw to 2B, 3B or home where you set your feet and throw a relatively short distance is more dangerous than the sudden reaction and swing adjustments that can contort the body in a split second that happen while in the batter's box. 

I’m not going to try and convince you, I’ll just use exhibit A: he’s currently hitting.  And exhibit B: he’s not currently throwing.   

7-9, -1 Run Differential 

Finding Ways to Lose - The Angel's Edition

Lack of situational hitting? Check

Fielding errors?  Check

A splash of K's? Check

Twice they had runners at 3B with 1 out and couldn't score the run...stuff like this too commonplace this season.

Also, there is no good reason for Valbuena to be in a MLB lineup.  Almost two seasons in LAA: 201 G 666 PA .203 .278 .676 OPS -0.4 WAR 

FFS, Mike, enough!  This is who he is...there is no redemptive swing coming...there is no "hot streak"...he's trash...shit... hot garbage.  He is literally mocking good players by occupying a roster spot.  The fact he hasn't been outright released by now is borderline incompetence.

There was a flaw in what the original poster posited. We actually play FOUR games against the White Sox after the break not three. So, the Angels have another game to make amends. Woohoo!!!

However, we might as well include the final three game set of that same homestand that has Houston and CWS. It is against the Mariners;  a rather important team to catch. So, now, stretch it out to 31 games. 

In any event, this is the make-or-break stretch of the season. And as he has pointed out, we are below .500, halfway through this stretch.

And no Richards, which isnt good. And no Albert, which, well.....................