• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Next 27 Games

Might want to avert your eyes because, yikes:

3 games in Boston

3 games in Baltimore

9 games total against Seattle (3 on the Road, 6 at home)

6 games total against the Dodgers (3 at home, 3 on the Road)

3 at home against Houston

3 at home against Chicago White Sox

21 of the 27 games are against opponents with a combined win percentage of .623

Not to be hyperbolic but odds are good this stretch decides the season and coming out of it something like 14-13 would be considered an accomplishment after just losing 3 in a row to sub-.500 teams.

26 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

3 games in Boston

3 games in Baltimore

Not to be hyperbolic but odds are good this stretch decides the season and coming out of it something like 14-13 would be considered an accomplishment after just losing 3 in a row to sub-.500 teams.

I think the Angels are very determined players. Now saying that, the result doesn't always equal the output. I think Eppler needs to do what he can to help the team during this stretch or just decide that 2018 is a lost cause.

31 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

3 games in Boston

3 games in Baltimore

Angels Roster & Staff

Pitchers

#   Name B/T Ht Wt DOB
42 501625@2x.jpg Jose Alvarez L/L 5'11" 190lbs 5/6/89
42 605121@2x.jpg Justin Anderson L/R 6'3" 220lbs 9/28/92
42 642545@2x.jpg Jaime Barria R/R 6'1" 210lbs 7/18/96
42 592135@2x.jpg Cam Bedrosian R/R 6'0" 230lbs 10/2/91
42 571760@2x.jpg Andrew Heaney L/L 6'2" 195lbs 6/5/91
42 543424@2x.jpg John Lamb L/L 6'4" 205lbs 7/10/90
42 592547@2x.jpg Deck McGuire R/R 6'6" 220lbs 6/23/89
42 592570@2x.jpg Akeel Morris R/R 6'1" 205lbs 11/14/92
42 453284@2x.jpg Blake Parker R/R 6'3" 225lbs 6/19/85
42 570240@2x.jpg Felix Pena R/R 6'2" 185lbs 2/25/90
42 598287@2x.jpg Noe Ramirez R/R 6'3" 205lbs 12/22/89
42 570663@2x.jpg Hansel Robles R/R 5'11" 185lbs 8/13/90
42 572140@2x.jpg Tyler Skaggs L/L 6'4" 215lbs 7/13/91

I think even the players know this is a close to must win as anything in June/July can be.  There is simply no way that anyone cannot see this.
If this stretch is a losing record, and we fall further back, the season and any shot at the playoffs is likely gone, and we become sellers again.
If this team has another run in it like it opened the season with, now is the time.
They opened it by stepping on their dork in KC, needless to say my enthusiasm is tempered as i didnt expect them to simply lie down for that one going into this, my expectation are low, hopefully ill be surprised. 

I'm going into this stretch, hoping for a few good games, but I'm not expecting any positive change in the standings.  This bullpen will not get it done.  It's just a pipe dream to think this current pen can perform well enough to assist the team in playing above .500 ball at this point.  Just not going to happen.  I have officially moved on to 2019.  Now I still think the Mariners could collapse and Angels sneak in to the WC, but I'm not holding my breath.   

I keep hearing they could be "sellers" but who exactly are we "selling"?

Maybe Richards since he will be a free agent at the end of the season but apart from him, who?

Valbuena, Kinsler, and Young are all DFA material.

Trout, Upton, and Simmons are who you are going to build around and Calhoun, Cozart, and Pujols are untradeable. 

Skaggs, Heaney, Barria, and Tropeano are the foundation of your rotation over the next few seasons.

Shoemaker is likely out for the season and there is nothing in the BP worth trading.

There is literally nothing to sell.

If the Angels make a move, it has to be with either a run at the 2nd Wild Card or with 2019/2020 in mind.  

0-2, -11 run differential

Sheesh...

"Dear Ma, 

We're in Boston and fighting is fierce but the boys are trying to keep their chins up.  We been overmatched at every turn but I hold out hope to see you and Pa once more.  I'm not going to lie, morale is low.  Both Zack and John Boy took one in the shoulder and Jake's ankle don't look none too good.  By the time you read this, I may be injured, so say a prayer, light a candle, slaughter a goat, rub Uncle Slappy's belly, run naked under a full moon through a field of gillyflowers...anything to lift this blanket of dread that's settled over us.  

Thinking of you,

Albert"

3 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

0-2, -11 run differential

Sheesh...

"Dear Ma, 

We're in Boston and fighting is fierce but the boys are trying to keep their chins up.  We been overmatched at every turn but I hold out hope to see you and Pa once more.  I'm not going to lie, morale is low.  Both Zack and John Boy took one in the shoulder and Jake's ankle don't look none too good.  By the time you read this, I may be injured, so say a prayer, light a candle, slaughter a goat, rub Uncle Slappy's belly, run naked under a full moon through a field of gillyflowers...anything to lift this blanket of dread that's settled over us.  

Thinking of you,

Albert"

This is beautiful.