• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The "Poor Mike Trout" perception & reaction

Chuck

14 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

If Trout really wants to win a World Series, he could take a big step in that direction by signing with the Yankees. The Piece to end all pieces.

Can you imagine a #2-6 of Trout, Judge, Stanton, Sanchez, and Torres to go along with their pitching?

When you compare that to the idea of hanging around this perpetually rebuilding team, can you blame him if he wants to move on?

You and Claude are just waiting for Trout to leave so  you can land the ultimate "I told you so" on aw.  You want it so badly.

5 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

You and Claude are just waiting for Trout to leave so  you can land the ultimate "I told you so" on aw.  You want it so badly.

No, I'm just imagining what he might be thinking. I don't want him to leave, no way. But I also don't want him to suffer here surrounded in the lineup by a bunch of mediocrity. How many of his home runs are solo shots again? 

Trout really wants to win a World Series, and I imagine he wants to do it before he's 40. How many games are we behind the second wild card now, 8.5? Ten games out of first place and it's only June? He's having an historic season and it's all for naught.

Mike Trout could end up with several rings and a monument in the Bronx next to Ruth, Gehrig and those guys. Compare that to hitting with the likes of Valbuena, Cozart, and Kinsler, mediocre veterans on the down side of their careers. 

4 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

No, I'm just imagining what he might be thinking. I don't want him to leave, no way. But I also don't want him to suffer here surrounded in the lineup by a bunch of mediocrity. How many of his home runs are solo shots again? 

Trout really wants to win a World Series, and I imagine he wants to do it before he's 40. How many games are we behind the second wild card now, 8.5? Ten games out of first place and it's only June? He's having an historic season and it's all for naught.

Mike Trout could end up with several rings and a monument in the Bronx next to Ruth, Gehrig and those guys. Compare that to hitting with the likes of Valbuena, Cozart, and Kinsler, mediocre veterans on the down side of their careers. 

Can you find a single Mike Trout quote that even hints that he isn't happy here?  A single Mike Trout post that he doesn't think the Angels will win a World Series during his career?  How about a single quote where he says he is even thinking about not staying here?

Just one.

5 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Eppler needs to step it up and assemble an All Star at every position and make sure nobody has any injuries ever otherwise Trout wont see a world series.

The funny thing about baseball is there is never a guarantee of winning. When Kevin Durant signed with the Warriors, it was a foregone conclusion he'd win a championship there.

Trout could go to the Yankees and they'd have one of the best lineups in baseball history. Or Boston (if he does this I'm committing suicide). Doesn't guarantee F*ck all. 

Trout will go where he feels most comfortable. Money will be a factor. Competing will also be a factor.

One could just as easily say that if the Halos win the WS in 2019, Trout will be satisfied and move somewhere else.

He wants to win. Who doesn't? He also wants to be comfortable and payed well. If "winning" is his only motivation he's going to have a hard time signing with anybody.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I posted this in another thread, but I think it deserves its own.

Personally, I think Trout is having a GREAT time. 

He's married to a beautiful wife. Has a beautiful home (and dog) overlooking the ocean. He makes some serious coin doing what he loves since a child. He gets to play with a future Hall of Famer and an international sensation. He gets to play under a Hall of Fame manager. He gets to play with current and former All-Stars in sunny So. Cal. 

He does this all with a smile day in, day out. 

Some of you guys need to chill on the Mike Trout is sad and poor Mike Shit. 

He has made it clear that he prefers the east coast and still makes his primary residence there.  He has always been nothing but smiles but he himself said he wants to go to the playoffs.  His hall of fame manager and teammate are way beyond their expiration dates, etc.

I appreciate your enthusiasm but he deserves better and if he chooses to leave, I don't see how anyone could blame him.

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

Can you find a single Mike Trout quote that even hints that he isn't happy here?  A single Mike Trout post that he doesn't think the Angels will win a World Series during his career?  How about a single quote where he says he is even thinking about not staying here?

Just one.

I'm imagining what he might be thinking. Read my post again. People on message boards speculate all the time. There's nothing wrong with that.

This is in conjunction with the interviews where he expresses a strong desire to win the World Series. Looking at this team objectively and the total mess it's in, I can imagine he might be wondering if this is the place to be for the next ten years. There will be multiple really good teams, along with us (a not very good team) that will be bidding for his services for a long time to come. It's up to him, of course. I'll be happy if he stays, but if he wants to leave we should get something (a lot) in return in a trade before his contract is up. I'm sure he won't keep management in the dark about his intentions and simply bolt after 2020. He's too nice a person for that. 

I think perhaps some are exaggerating the point.  
I dont think anyone is suggesting he is "sad" per se, only that he wants to win.  In the grand scheme of things he needs to win.  
Hes a nice guy, but hes also a competitor, name me one great player of his caliber that has ever been happy losing enough to stay losing, when they have a chance to win elsewhere?  i cant think of one.
Long term if you talk about legacy, when we here and so many others are already calling him the best ever, you think he wants that sentence to finish with "who never won a title?" 
I dont think hes sad or miserable, but i do think he wants to win, and if we cant give him that, he will go elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, nate said:

Why would you need a link?

He stays there the entire off season, he talks about the weather all time.  He roots for teams there, goes hunting with friends there, etc.

I didn't say he prefers playing there, but obviously he prefers living there.

I think he "Likes" being around family where he grew up, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love being in California better. 

I mean I have family and friends in So. Cal but I prefer living in the Pacific Northwest by a ton! There's no way I'm going back to the concrete jungle. 

I do go visit once or twice a year though. 

He has it perfect. Spend the offseason where it should be fall and winter (So. Cal doesn't get those seasons), go hunting, hangout with family, then live in beautiful sunny So. California from March-Oct when the weather is just perfect, with so much to do. 

Also, you think his family doesn't die to come out and visit Mike during the spring and summer? Jersey is a hot mess and can be humid AF in the summer. 

3 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

He would be competing and making the playoffs. Here he competes with the A's for third place.

He'll be doing that with the Angels too. Unless of course you think they won't be competitive over the next 10 years. That's your problem.

2 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

“I’d give up everything I have, all of the individual awards I’ve ever won,’’ says Trout, a two-time MVP and six-time All-Star, “for a World Series. 

Mr Eppler, you’re on the clock. 

and then he goes on to say he doesn't think that will happen here.....................................

you have that link, right Claude?

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

This is almost as annoying as the "Ohtani should..." posts...

Ohtani should be the closer

Ohtani should switch hit.

Ohtani should play 1B

Ohtani should play RF

Ohtani should play every day.

Ohtani should just have TJ surgrey now

Ohtani should eat more fiber

Ohtani, the new Bugs Bunny