• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The "Poor Mike Trout" perception & reaction

Chuck

7 minutes ago, Lou said:

so what you're saying is that you don't like seasons. 

to quote one of the greatest orators of our time:

I like seasons, too. That's why I live in a place that skips the shitty ones "

Daniel Tosh 

LOL, I wouldn't mind a little snowfall and a lot more rainfall than what O.C. has averaged the past 7 years.

9 hours ago, nate said:

Simmons, Trout and Skaggs.

They are all leaving?  Link?  I mean if Trout is leaving to go back home because that is where he wants to live then assuredly Skaggs will be staying since you know, he grew up here and lives here.  I am looking forward to signing Arrenado since he is from here.  

13 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Doesn't Big Bear have all 4 seasons? It snows in a good amount of places in California. The Trout situation hasn't gone Kawhi Leonard yet. Maybe it will but for now, he's an Angel for 3 years. 

In 1966 it snowed in Pomona one afternoon while I was at a bowling alley, by the time I was ready to leave it was almost completely melted.

7 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

They are all leaving?  Link?  I mean if Trout is leaving to go back home because that is where he wants to live then assuredly Skaggs will be staying since you know, he grew up here and lives here.  I am looking forward to signing Arrenado since he is from here.  

This is exhausting.

In baseball, free agents are not loyal at all.  If they get a chance to go home for the same money, they take it.  Sometimes they go to the team that is a winner, sometimes they go to the team that offers the most money.  Rarely do they stick with the team that brought them up, unless they offer the most money.

People need to keep in mind that playing for a winner is the promise of next year more than what previously happened.  We have 2.5 years and two full off seasons and trade deadlines.  

In 2016 our lineup was:

c - perez/bandy
1b - cron
2b - giavotella
3b - escobar
SS - simmons
LF - Ortega, Nava, Marte, Buss
CF - Trout
RF - Calhoun
DH - Pujols

SP starts leaders - Weaver, Shoe, Santiago, Chacin, Trop, Nolasco, Lincecum

we owed $47 mil to CJ Wilson and Josh Hamilton who never stepped on the field for the Halos.  We owed josh another 26m the next season as well.  

Our top 10 prospects prior to the 2016 draft were

Ward, Alcantara, Jones, Nate Smith, Cowart, Gatto, Grayson Long, Kyle McGowin, Jake Jewell, Kyle Kubitza.  Barria and Fletcher were also in the system. 

When Eppler was hired we had five years left of Mike Trout.  We aren't even half way through that.  

Think about what Mike Trout  will consider in 1.5 to 2 years when he's contemplating an extension.  Prior to the 2020 season, he's not going to worry about what the roster looked like in 2016 or even mid 2018.  He's gonna want to see what it looks like for that season and what it may look like for years to follow.  

Also think about the fact that Houston's roster isn't going to look nearly as good as it does now.  

11 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

People need to keep in mind that playing for a winner is the promise of next year more than what previously happened.  We have 2.5 years and two full off seasons and trade deadlines.  

In 2016 our lineup was:

c - perez/bandy
1b - cron
2b - giavotella
3b - escobar
SS - simmons
LF - Ortega, Nava, Marte, Buss
CF - Trout
RF - Calhoun
DH - Pujols

SP starts leaders - Weaver, Shoe, Santiago, Chacin, Trop, Nolasco, Lincecum

we owed $47 mil to CJ Wilson and Josh Hamilton who never stepped on the field for the Halos.  We owed josh another 26m the next season as well.  

Our top 10 prospects prior to the 2016 draft were

Ward, Alcantara, Jones, Nate Smith, Cowart, Gatto, Grayson Long, Kyle McGowin, Jake Jewell, Kyle Kubitza.  Barria and Fletcher were also in the system. 

When Eppler was hired we had five years left of Mike Trout.  We aren't even half way through that.  

Think about what Mike Trout  will consider in 1.5 to 2 years when he's contemplating an extension.  Prior to the 2020 season, he's not going to worry about what the roster looked like in 2016 or even mid 2018.  He's gonna want to see what it looks like for that season and what it may look like for years to follow.  

Also think about the fact that Houston's roster isn't going to look nearly as good as it does now.  

I forgot how bad 2016 really was.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

No I'm pretty sure when Arte offers him a fat contract extension he's specifically going to bring up 2016 and decide he wants to play in New York.

The ultimate would be trading a few of our top prospects for help this year and it amounts to nothing.  Then Trout goes to the team we traded those prospects to and it helps him win a championship.  

56 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

No I'm pretty sure when Arte offers him a fat contract extension he's specifically going to bring up 2016 and decide he wants to play in New York.

After he brings up June 8th of this year.  I think we had a thread mentioning that.