• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The "Poor Mike Trout" perception & reaction

Chuck

It doesn't matter... let's say the Angels win it all next year.  The same people pushing the same tired narrative will say he's leaving because he's already won here.  Now he can go and try and win one for the Phillies or whoever...

The circumstances may change, but the narrative won't.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

We have a new GM, a better farm, and will have a new manager going forward. Plus Arte is still willing to open his checkbook.

I agree with the farm, but while they come up, some of the better pieces will be departing.

Plus we all know that Scioscia is going to get extended.

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

and then he goes on to say he doesn't think that will happen here.....................................

you have that link, right Claude?

If Trout decides to leave it will be a very sad time for many. It will also be a very happy time for some other fan base. Life goes on. 

I'm looking forward to 2020.   Potential roster?

Rengifo 2B, Simba SS, Adell RF, Trout CF, Upton LF, Ohtani/? DH, Thaiss 1B, Machete C, Ward 3B

Utility guys: Fletcher, Hermosillo, new guy for DH/?, backup catcher

Rotation:  Ohtani, Skaggs, Canning, Heaney, and Barria or Suarez with the other as 6th starter on call at AAA?   Backed up by Castillo.   Richards and Tropeano are health ?'s.

Bullpen:  Whoever is acquired as closer, whoever is acquired as key set up guy, Parker, Anderson, Ramirez, maybe Alvarez, plus ?

I love the power (Adell, Trout, Upton, Ohtani, and Thaiss), speed (Rengifo, Adell, Trout, Ohtani, and Ward), and OBP (Rengifo, Simba, Trout, Ohtani, Thaiss, and Ward) in the lineup.

Now, how to acquire the closer and key set up guy without losing too much?  

30 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think he "Likes" being around family where he grew up, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love being in California better. 

I mean I have family and friends in So. Cal but I prefer living in the Pacific Northwest by a ton! There's no way I'm going back to the concrete jungle. 

I do go visit once or twice a year though. 

He has it perfect. Spend the offseason where it should be fall and winter (So. Cal doesn't get those seasons), go hunting, hangout with family, then live in beautiful sunny So. California from March-Oct when the weather is just perfect, with so much to do. 

Also, you think his family doesn't die to come out and visit Mike during the spring and summer? Jersey is a hot mess and can be humid AF in the summer. 

This!

And he can well afford a beach house here, and a big house with acreage in NJ.   Not to mention paying airfare for relatives to come out here to visit during the season  

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

Since we are discussing Trout I will leave him out of it.  Why would the other two leave?

Because they will be free agents and why would they stay on a team that can't win.

Baseball seems to have the lowest team loyalty of any major sport.

I dont understand this notion that the Angels are somehow wasting the "Trout years". Have those that are complaining forgotten already how they got in this position? Reagins, Dipoto, Hamilton, Pujols, No trable assets for years, Ridiculous amount of pitching inuries, etc. I mean this was a long line of bad decisions and shitty luck.  Its not going to be a quick fix.

11 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

But winning or losing might?  Why would they leave if the minor leagues are stacked?

MT, you have followed free agency just as much as I have, players have little to no loyalty for their team.  They go for either winning or money or both.  Weaver is the only Angels player I can think of that left money on the table to stay with his team.

Just now, nate said:

MT, you have followed free agency just as much as I have, players have little to no loyalty for their team.  They go for either winning or money or both.  Weaver is the only Angels player I can think of that left money on the table to stay with his team.

This is true, but you aren't allowing for the Angels to replace Simmons and Skaggs with players like them.

The future for this team looks brighter than it has for a long time.  I think if Ohtani and two other pitchers had stayed healthy this wouldn't even be a discussion.  

5 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

This is true, but you aren't allowing for the Angels to replace Simmons and Skaggs with players like them.

The future for this team looks brighter than it has for a long time.  I think if Ohtani and two other pitchers had stayed healthy this wouldn't even be a discussion.  

And also having a solid closer and setup man

26 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Sure that is a possibility, but realize that they have to replace those two, plus all the schmucks on the team now.

Poor Mike Trout??? More like Poor Bryce Harper. Poor Bryce sacrificed his facial hair just before his team faced the NYYs, who frown on facial hair. Signal by Poor Bryce that he hopes they pay him $400M longterm? His erratic offense so far may be a bigger signal they might not. Poor Bryce.

No pity party for either Mike or Poor Bryce.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Not to me, the weather is very nice here, but it can get boring being like this year round.    Doesn't mean I want to see hurricanes, tornadoes, large hail, or blizzards though.     

so what you're saying is that you don't like seasons. 

to quote one of the greatest orators of our time:

I like seasons, too. That's why I live in a place that skips the shitty ones "

Daniel Tosh