• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The "Poor Mike Trout" perception & reaction

Chuck

It’s fucking stupid.  If it was anyone else we’d be talking about how he signed a contract and maybe he chose money and security over being able to control his destiny sooner.  We aren’t talking about someone signed to a small contract, he’s literally the highest paid player in the game this year.  

These are my sentiments too.  Trout will do what Trout wants to do.  In the meantime, life doesn't always work out the way we hope.  Every player on every team wants to win a championship  Trout is no more or no less in that regards.  I imagine that the Angels would be trying to win even if Trout was selected 23rd in 2009.  I too am tired of the "poor Mike Trout" anthem being sung.  He is doing just fine in life.

It's not that he isn't having fun. 

It's that he could have fun elsewhere and potentially be in a better position to win championships. He's going to make 40 million+ no matter where he plays and he will have his family with him wherever,. Again, it's all going to be about putting a competitive team out there 2019 and 2020. Can't miss the playoffs those years

Just now, GrittyVeterans said:

It's not that he isn't having fun. 

It's that he could have fun elsewhere and potentially be in a better position to win championships. He's going to make 40 million+ no matter where he plays and he will have his family with him wherever,. Again, it's all going to be about putting a competitive team out there 2019 and 2020. Can't miss the playoffs those years

Signing "elsewhere" doesn't guarantee anything. 

Does it give him a better chance? Perhaps, Eppler has the pieces here both on the farm and the major league club to be a winner NOW and later. 

I'll reiterate. Mike Trout is HAPPY now and I'm betting he'll be even happier later! 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Does it give him a better chance? Perhaps, Eppler has the pieces here both on the farm and the major league club to be a winner NOW and later. 

I'll reiterate. Mike Trout is HAPPY now and I'm betting he'll be even happier later! 

Well they clearly don't have the pieces to be a winner now. Trout is having a historic season and we still don't look like a playoff team. I mean, would anyone be surprised if we finished right at .500 or even below it? I wouldn't at this point

I don't disagree with the rest of your statement

6 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

maybe he could sign with golden state.

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Married life can change things too. If Trout and his wife have little ones they will most likely want to be around more family. Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents and cousins are fun to be around. Trout controls his own destiny regardless. If we have a WC contending type team he may still choose to leave for a WS contender type team. But I think family will be his first priority. He’ll get his money no matter what. 

This is almost as annoying as the "Ohtani should..." posts...

Ohtani should be the closer

Ohtani should switch hit.

Ohtani should play 1B

Ohtani should play RF

Ohtani should play every day.

Ohtani should just have TJ surgrey now

Ohtani should eat more fiber

46 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I posted this in another thread, but I think it deserves its own.

Personally, I think Trout is having a GREAT time. 

He's married to a beautiful wife. Has a beautiful home (and dog) overlooking the ocean. He makes some serious coin doing what he loves since a child. He gets to play with a future Hall of Famer and an international sensation. He gets to play under a Hall of Fame manager. He gets to play with current and former All-Stars in sunny So. Cal. 

He does this all with a smile day in, day out. 

Some of you guys need to chill on the Mike Trout is sad and poor Mike Shit. 

I agree, Chuck. It's very tiresome. Only 10 teams of 30 make the playoffs. He'll get his shot.

13 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Married life can change things too. If Trout and his wife have little ones they will most likely want to be around more family. Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents and cousins are fun to be around. Trout controls his own destiny regardless. If we have a WC contending type team he may still choose to leave for a WS contender type team. But I think family will be his first priority. He’ll get his money no matter what. 

I am an example of someone whose relatives (other than daughter and parents) were all always in the Midwest and back East.   But it's something I worked with, because I didn't want to move from SoCal.

He may be rich, married and happy, but the frustration is clearly setting in:

This is one of the greatest weeks of his career, in what’s emerging as his most spectacular season yet, and Trout can’t bear to look at the statistic that eats away at him.

“I’m not going to look,’’ he says, softly. “It’s too early. I can’t. I just can’t.’’

“I’d give up everything I have, all of the individual awards I’ve ever won,’’ says Trout, a two-time MVP and six-time All-Star, “for a World Series. It would be so sick to win the World Series, ride around with that trophy, and see everyone so happy. That’s something you dream about.

“But I know you’ve got to get to the playoffs first.’’

“I just want to get to the playoffs,’’ Trout says. “I saw first-hand what the [Philadelphia] Eagles can do for a city. Just sitting in the stands that day, being a fan of the team winning it all, was pretty special.

“I can’t imagine being the guy holding that trophy up in the air. It’s something that I always think about in the back of my mind.

“Winning a World Series, how cool would that be?’’

This is the type of stuff Kevin Durant said before leaving to go to Golden State.  It is pretty clear that Trout has only one goal when it comes to his baseball career.

It's ridiculous.

If not for the Mariners fortune, the Angels would be right there in the playoff race. Better with better health, reasonable years from a couple players. Management put together a good club. They are struggling now so everyone is piling on. Baseball is a long season. I don't remember the first season I realized this, but it seems like some still haven't. Mind bottling.

If Trout really wants to win a World Series, he could take a big step in that direction by signing with the Yankees. The Piece to end all pieces.

Can you imagine a #2-6 of Trout, Judge, Stanton, Sanchez, and Torres to go along with their pitching?

When you compare that to the idea of hanging around this perpetually rebuilding team, can you blame him if he wants to move on?

8 minutes ago, ScottT said:

It's ridiculous.

If not for the Mariners fortune, the Angels would be right there in the playoff race. Better with better health, reasonable years from a couple players. Management put together a good club. They are struggling now so everyone is piling on. Baseball is a long season. I don't remember the first season I realized this, but it seems like some still haven't. Mind bottling.

Yep.. and they'd be in first place in the AL Central. Well at least they would be a couple days ago, but still. 

18 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

When you compare that to the idea of hanging around this perpetually rebuilding team, can you blame him if he wants to move on?

I don't think anyone would blame him for wanting to move on.  The question becomes, do the Angels let him go for nothing like the Nationals are with Harper, the Thunder did with Durant or do they trade him for as much as they can get?

Edited to add: For the record, I want Trout to stay an Angel for life.