• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cozart is utter garbage

Chuck

16 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Last year was a complete outlier for Cozart. He got paid on the false premise that his adjusted swing changed his career arc. He's basically playing at or right around his career norms. to expect anything different would be wishful thinking.

This is funny

this was the exact reason people didn’t want Moose, I guess the draft pick as well which mattered most to some 

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

In Cozart's defense last year was clearly a career year in a contract year as he had career highs in HR's, BB's, AVG, OBP, SLG and OPS .  Even after including last year offensively he's been below league average for his career.  Most guys that perform like he did in their early 30's after a history of being average or even below average haven't suddenly figured things out it's an outlier.

Always beware of acquiring hitters from band boxes, of which Cincy's Great American Ballpark is one of them.   If they have an outlier year in a band box, buyer DEFINITELY beware! 

Also beware of hitters coming from the NL, coming here they have to adjust to a whole new group of pitchers.

Meanwhile:  Cozart!    WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

If anyone really thought he was going to continue as a 900 OPS SS with solid defense he probably would have gotten a bigger contract. He was more likely seen as someone who had made enough improvement to be at least a good hitter with some defensive versatility. So far it's not working out that way but he could always come around. It wouldn't take much to become an asset

30 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

If anyone really thought he was going to continue as a 900 OPS SS with solid defense he probably would have gotten a bigger contract. He was more likely seen as someone who had made enough improvement to be at least a good hitter with some defensive versatility. So far it's not working out that way but he could always come around. It wouldn't take much to become an asset

Not to mention, at least we have a capable defensive backup at SS. 

We overpaid, but hes a good utility player. If we had fixed 3B and Kole was hitting, he wouldnt really be a big problem.

It's real concerning to be in year 1 of a 3 year deal and talking about how you want a 12 million dollar player to become the utility guy.

I know it's still "early" but it's just not encouraging.

Personally, I still think he'll be fine at 2B next year. At least I really hope so

It's clear he's not a good 3B, but he's better than Valbuena

6 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Is there something about Angels Stadium that turns our hitters into mush, Trout excepted?

Plate alignment? Wasn't that Vernon Wells' excuse? Of course the mystery is why other teams don't seem to have any problems here.

I don’t know, I’ll ask Upton and Simmons.

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

Last year Joey Votto said he would buy him a donkey if Cozart made the all-star team.  He did and Votto did.

Clearly he needs another piece of live stock to motivate him.

Check the list of posters in a game day thread when they’re behind. Plenty of jackasses to choose from 

FTR, I've been frustrated with Cozart for a while now so I decided to vent a little last night about him.

I really REALLY hope he starts to come around and hit like he did for the Reds last season. 

Can anyone pinpoint what's different about his swing/approach at the plate that's strikingly different from last season's version of Cozart?

Stupid marine layer!

Home over 109 at bats:  .156/.248/.257/.505

Away over 112 at bats:  .286/.341/.473/.814

But way, there's more!

Day over 60 at bats:  .350/.438/.667/1.105

Night over 161 at bats:  .174/.234/.255/.489

Does he have terrible nighttime vision too???????????????

Here is where it gets weird.    His home/road splits are similar, and day/night splits are similar, from 2015-2017.

WTF is happening this season????? 

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Stupid marine layer!

Home over 109 at bats:  .156/.248/.257/.505

Away over 112 at bats:  .286/.341/.473/.814

But way, there's more!

Day over 60 at bats:  .350/.438/.667/1.105

Night over 161 at bats:  .174/.234/.255/.489

Does he have terrible nighttime vision too???????????????

Here is where it gets weird.    His home/road splits are similar, and day/night splits are similar, from 2015-2017.

WTF is happening this season????? 

Well how were we to know this stuff? The back of his baseball card said he was doing just fine. 

I didn't realize he rocked a .568 ops for an entire season in 2014.  

But even if you avg the last three years prior to 2018, he's got a 115 ops+  

Right now he's at 83.   

What I want to know is what happened to his defense?  Even in the season where he had a 56 wRC+ (.568 ops), he had 1.3 WAR.  This year he's on pace for 0.8 because of poor defense.  

Over his last 42 game and 181 pa, he's got a .598 ops.  so it's not like some cold streak.