• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cozart is utter garbage

Chuck

10 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I didn't realize he rocked a .568 ops for an entire season in 2014.  

But even if you avg the last three years prior to 2018, he's got a 115 ops+  

Right now he's at 83.   

What I want to know is what happened to his defense?  Even in the season where he had a 56 wRC+ (.568 ops), he had 1.3 WAR.  This year he's on pace for 0.8 because of poor defense.  

Over his last 42 game and 181 pa, he's got a .598 ops.  so it's not like some cold streak.  

He got paid and a donkey. He's done!

At some point you have to try and find the reason that hitters bat below their norms when the sign with the Angels. It's easy to say "they're trash" or "they suck" but in reality they were doing just fine before signing here. Is it the dreaded marine layer? Coaching? Pressure to perform when playing with Mike Trout?

Who knows.

20 minutes ago, Kody Mac said:

At some point you have to try and find the reason that hitters bat below their norms when the sign with the Angels. It's easy to say "they're trash" or "they suck" but in reality they were doing just fine before signing here. Is it the dreaded marine layer? Coaching? Pressure to perform when playing with Mike Trout?

Who knows.

Start with Cincy is a hitter’s park....

2 hours ago, Kody Mac said:

Who knows.

Scioscia, the one common denominator since the beginning of the decade?

There's a reason that only a handful of managers have managed more games with one MLB team all time.

Either a long term manager with one team can likely tend to either get stale in approach as nuances change from one decade to another, or get burnt out.  

I think the marine layer has an effect of him, early on we saw him going Rf and up the middle but since than he's trying to pull everything, instead of going Rf or Up the middle. The marine layer probably has affected his power to left fields and he trying to recover it by pulling.

If i'm Zack, i'll give up some of the power and use the entire field. 

How does he go from being a solid great at home and solid nighttime hitter from 2015-2017 to total crap at home and at nighttime SO SOON??????? 

And why did BOTH Cold Calhoun and Crap Cowart trash so far so soon?    Something smells.

The marine layer AIN'T THAT BAD!!!!!    Opposing teams manage to handle it alright!!!!  

2 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

Where is Lou when you need him....I want to see all the AW members who thought this was a great signing.

Not ready to concede yet it was a bad signing...his versatility has been helpful...