• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 6/8 Angels @ Twins: Fernandez starting at 1B

1 minute ago, stanick88 said:

Because My phone auto corrects apparently from having spelled League wrong all in caps before. 

And get over your self spelling nazi. If all you have to say and comment about is a misspelled word, then I feel bad for you. Don’t you have a dictionary to go read or something? 

Hey, I was confused, too. With the LEAUGE capitalized, it seemed like that was the emphasis, and therefore the point, which was confusing. Not a spelling nazi, just genuinely confused.

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

You have a right to your opinion, but a .370 OBP is not "below average". In fact it's the opposite. 

Batting average is not the end all be all. He's not going to tear the world apart but surely he can be better than the absolute garbage they've gotten from Calhoun and Young.

2 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I dont think we have seen enough of his defense either. How many games did he play?

My point is, why should we have to chose from players who are arguably better than each other in different categories , yet all options are below average and below replacement level in the majors. I want a solid MLB player. 

9 minutes ago, stanick88 said:

Because My phone auto corrects apparently from having spelled League wrong all in caps before. 

And get over your self spelling nazi. If all you have to say and comment about is a misspelled word, then I feel bad for you. Don’t you have a dictionary to go read or something? 

That reminds me of one of my favorite work pranks ever. Years ago, had a coworker named Justin that we constantly went back and forth trying to one up each other. 

One day, he forgot to lock his computer, so I went into his outlook spell check and reversed all of the common autocorrects. The became teh, and become nad, is became si, etc, etc (and of course Justin became Douche). 

LTBU! 

Just now, stanick88 said:

My point is, why should we have to chose from players who are arguably better than each other in different categories , yet all options are below average and below replacement level in the majors. I want a solid MLB player. 

How do you know they're below average? Surely you can't tell that from a week's worth of at bats.

9 minutes ago, stanick88 said:

And how do you know Blash cannot be a solid MLB player?  How do you know Hermosillo? Ate you saying you want a proven vet like another Calhoun, Young, or Valbueno?

Just now, tdawg87 said:

How do you know they're below average? Surely you can't tell that from a week's worth of at bats.

Also.  The Angels have no choice but to give them a good look.  We can’t fill all these holes outside the organization.  I think we can be happy if Eppler gets a 9th inning guy and a decent bat.  We need Hermosillo or Fernandez or someone else to be serviceable. 

Just now, stormngt said:

And how do you know Blash cannot be a solid MLB player?  How do you know Hermosillo? Ate you saying you want a proven vet like another Calhoun, Young, or Valbueno?

The swing is pretty suspect man.  i think you gotta defer to the club.  They know who’s best positioned to succeed.  

19 minutes ago, stanick88 said:

*yourself 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

The swing is pretty suspect man.  i think you gotta defer to the club.  They know who’s best positioned to succeed.  

That's why I usually dont question the clubs moves.  If they were to let Yound go and bring up someone else I would be fine with it.  Blash coukd come up here and tank like Young.  I am just tired of  giving at bats for a fourth outfielder batting a buck fifty.  Try someone else! It's not like you have a big investment in young.

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Cron hit his 14 HR to bring TB to within 1 run of Seattle. Another 1 run game for Seattle.

When we played him he was like a 1.5 WAR already.  He is now at .8, so he is basically worth Ian Kinsler.  

19 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Hey, I was confused, too. With the LEAUGE capitalized, it seemed like that was the emphasis, and therefore the point, which was confusing. Not a spelling nazi, just genuinely confused.

psssst  we both know there is no way in hell it autocorrected to LEAUGE